Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Computer Wizards! NEED HELP!

Alright when I go to youtube and click play I get an error message.  I updated adobe flash and have the updated browser, but for some reason I still can't play videos. 

I have zero sound on videos that do play on other websites.  I HAVE THE VOLUME UP.  When I go to Jags.com the videos play, but I have absolutely zero sound.

Has anyone ever had to deal with issues like this?  Let me know.  It is starting to drive me crazy. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hit it with a hammer.

Or try a different browser.

Just start watching videos that don't have any sound. You'll never miss it.

Quote:Alright when I go to youtube and click play I get an error message. I updated adobe flash and have the updated browser, but for some reason I still can't play videos.

I have zero sound on videos that do play on other websites. I HAVE THE VOLUME UP. When I go to Jags.com the videos play, but I have absolutely zero sound.

Has anyone ever had to deal with issues like this? Let me know. It is starting to drive me crazy.

What browser are you using?

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 02:24 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

The following information would be useful in diagnosing your problem:

-What browser, and what version of said browser are you using?

-Does your sound work outside of the browser?

-What operating system are you using?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Also, what is the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Also, what is the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?
What is your favorite color?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:What is your favorite color?

Why did you answer my question with a question?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Also, what is the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?

European or African swallow?

Quote:The following information would be useful in diagnosing your problem:

-What browser, and what version of said browser are you using?

-Does your sound work outside of the browser?

-What operating system are you using?

Firefox - not working, internet explorer not working

It is not working outside the browser. 

Windows 8

Quote:Firefox - not working, internet explorer not working

It is not working outside the browser. 

Windows 8

Has it worked before on that particular install?  Is that a new install of windows 8?  Did you install anything between the time it worked and now?  Realtek or Via? 

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 05:32 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

You might want to check your volume control, and if you are using speakers you might want to try headphones (if you are already using headphones, you might want to try them out on something else to make sure the problem isn't there)

If that's not the problem then you might want to start here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=winxptab1

Hopefully that will help resolve the problem.  Sound card is just one of the many possibilities.  But it's definitely a good place to start.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I used to have the same problems.  Turns out the problem was my ears, not the computer.  So I stuck my thumb on my forehead for a few seconds until I shut down.  After I shut down and was completely turned off, I put my thumb back on my forehead to reboot.  Haven't had a problem since.

Quote:I used to have the same problems.  Turns out the problem was my ears, not the computer.  So I stuck my thumb on my forehead for a few seconds until I shut down.  After I shut down and was completely turned off, I put my thumb back on my forehead to reboot.  Haven't had a problem since.

You still got the Virus.

On topic ... Sounds like Flash Player isn't working with your browser correctly. Probably happens more in Youtube than any other site (right?). I would try Chrome, or maybe do a clean install of both Flash Player, and your browser. (Browser first ... uninstall, clear cookies, reboot, then install fresh)

Good luck.

Chrome...word.

Quote:Chrome...word.

Chrome is second to Firefox in my not-so-humble opinion. The two of them are leagues ahead of Safari, Opera though. IE doesn't even deserve an honorable mention. It deserves to die in a fire because the only thing it is good for is downloading Firefox/Chrome.

trunt, could you copy+paste the error message?

Also, try the HTML5 version of YouTube if you think your computer can handle it. It will at least help solidify that Flash is the problem if the HTML5 version works.

You can request that your YouTube account use the HTML5 player by going here.

If the HTML5 version works you are free to continue to use it, but I would suggest that you continue to work on the problem with Flash as many sites do not have an HTML5 version.

Quote:You might want to check your volume control, and if you are using speakers you might want to try headphones (if you are already using headphones, you might want to try them out on something else to make sure the problem isn't there)

If that's not the problem then you might want to start here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=winxptab1

Hopefully that will help resolve the problem.  Sound card is just one of the many possibilities.  But it's definitely a good place to start.  

Thanks I am going to see what I can do. 

Quote:Chrome is second to Firefox in my not-so-humble opinion. The two of them are leagues ahead of Safari, Opera though. IE doesn't even deserve an honorable mention. It deserves to die in a fire because the only thing it is good for is downloading Firefox/Chrome.

trunt, could you copy+paste the error message?

Also, try the HTML5 version of YouTube if you think your computer can handle it. It will at least help solidify that Flash is the problem if the HTML5 version works.

You can request that your YouTube account use the HTML5 player by going here.

If the HTML5 version works you are free to continue to use it, but I would suggest that you continue to work on the problem with Flash as many sites do not have an HTML5 version.

Thanks for the help...

I am not near my computer right now, but when I am I will post the error message. 

Quote:Thanks I am going to see what I can do. 

Quote:Thanks for the help...

Well La-D-Da ... I don't see a thanks for my effort ... Do you have something against Colts fans? Do you have me on Block?

You have me on Block, don't you? Sad

In that case ... if you Eat Boogers, don't reply to this post ... Booger Eater. :o

Tongue