Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Computer Wizards! NEED HELP!

Quote:Well La-D-Da ... I don't see a thanks for my effort ... Do you have something against Colts fans? Do you have me on Block?

You have me on Block, don't you? Sad

In that case ... if you Eat Boogers, don't reply to this post ... Booger Eater. :o

Tongue

HAHA sorry man.  Thanks to you too.  A lot of computer stuff coming at me at once. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well La-D-Da ... I don't see a thanks for my effort ... Do you have something against Colts fans? Do you have me on Block?

You have me on Block, don't you? Sad

In that case ... if you Eat Boogers, don't reply to this post ... Booger Eater. :o

Tongue

Your advice is actually quite good (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised Tongue). If the HTML5 version that I suggested works, I'd definitely recommend a clean install of both.

Quote:HAHA sorry man.  Thanks to you too.  A lot of computer stuff coming at me at once. 

Ahhh, shucks, don't mention it.

Quote:HAHA sorry man.  Thanks to you too.  A lot of computer stuff coming at me at once. 

Focus on the easier things first. Start with things like making sure cords are properly plugged in, and then check that your volume mixer has appropriate settings (this can be done by right clicking the speaker icon next to your clock), and then test more specific software issues (i.e. test with HTML5 vs. Flash), and then do a fresh install of both Firefox and Flash before worrying about significant hardware issues.

Quote:Chrome is second to Firefox in my not-so-humble opinion. The two of them are leagues ahead of Safari, Opera though. IE doesn't even deserve an honorable mention. It deserves to die in a fire because the only thing it is good for is downloading Firefox/Chrome.

trunt, could you copy+paste the error message?

Also, try the HTML5 version of YouTube if you think your computer can handle it. It will at least help solidify that Flash is the problem if the HTML5 version works.

You can request that your YouTube account use the HTML5 player by going here.

If the HTML5 version works you are free to continue to use it, but I would suggest that you continue to work on the problem with Flash as many sites do not have an HTML5 version.

I've found that Chrome is much quicker - Google maps comes to mind.  I use Firefox as my backup because there are certain tasks that Chrome doesn't handle, like expandable menus.  

HTML5 is superior.  When will Flash die?

Quote:I've found that Chrome is much quicker - Google maps comes to mind.  I use Firefox as my backup because there are certain tasks that Chrome doesn't handle, like expandable menus.  

HTML5 is superior.  When will Flash die?

I have both installed on my computer, I just prefer Firefox.

Preferably soon. People like to resist change though. Hell, there are people still using IE6. HTML5 is amazing though! I use it in every scenario I can.

Have you tried installing the ask.com toolbar and updating gator? I find those usually fix me right up.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 04:11 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Firefox - not working, internet explorer not working

It is not working outside the browser. 

Windows 8
Have you tried installing Opera?

http://www.opera.com/

Duckduckgo.com They don't bubble filter you, broh.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Your advice is actually quite good (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised Tongue). If the HTML5 version that I suggested works, I'd definitely recommend a clean install of both.

Thank you, I guess? I was probably buying 1 meg of ram for $100.00 each while you were being concieved. :woot:

Here, watch an expert at work.

OP (Do this) :yes:

Open IE, go to the top right, click on Settings.

Manage Add-Ons
Toolbars and Extensions
Shockwave Flash Object (Enable it)

You're Welcome Banana

Quote: 

Thank you, I guess? I was probably buying 1 meg of ram for $100.00 each while you were being concieved. :woot:

Here, watch an expert at work.

OP (Do this) :yes:

<div>Open IE, go to the top right, click on Settings.

Manage Add-Ons
Toolbars and Extensions
Shockwave Flash Object (Enable it)

You're Welcome Banana

</div>

Sorry, I just meant that it's usually better to test things the least intrusive of possible solutions first. (The parenthesis portion was a joke, I swear!). That may very well be true, but not much from the era of $100 for a meg of RAM is still totally relevant today. I'm comfortable with my seven years of experience on machines running orders of magnitude more than that at a fraction of the cost Smile.

Quote:Sorry, I just meant that it's usually better to test things the least intrusive of possible solutions first. (The parenthesis portion was a joke, I swear!). That may very well be true, but not much from the era of $100 for a meg of RAM is still totally relevant today. I'm comfortable with my seven years of experience on machines running orders of magnitude more than that at a fraction of the cost Smile.

I was pulling your leg. Smile

I know this is used  by many ... But I really did own a Commodore 64 when it first came out. I just had to have it. :yes:

You need a new sound driver probably. you can update it online

Quote:I was pulling your leg. Smile

I know this is used  by many ... But I really did own a Commodore 64 when it first came out. I just had to have it. :yes:

The first computer I used ran Windows 98 and I was old enough to use Paint and that's it Tongue

Quote:The first computer I used ran Windows 98 and I was old enough to use Paint and that's it Tongue

Ms paint does not exist. It is a hallucinatory side effect of using windows for extended periods of time.

Quote:Ms paint does not exist. It is a hallucinatory side effect of using windows for extended periods of time.

O.O

Dude...

Quote:Ms paint does not exist. It is a hallucinatory side effect of using windows for extended periods of time.
Is that the same effect that makes Apple users think their $600 computer was worth the $1500 price tag?

Quote:I was pulling your leg. Smile

Sammy is an old school nerd!! Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Ah, trying to justify the ridiculous price you paid for a Mac by attacking what I played around with when I was 5.

I pity you,[Image: kXvlX6M.jpg]

Hope tc managed to resolve his issue.

Quote:The first computer I used ran Windows 98 and I was old enough to use Paint and that's it Tongue

Pfft!  I used windows about 92 versions before that one!

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Hope tc managed to resolve his issue.

Pfft!  I used windows about 92 versions before that one!

Windows 6? Impressive, I haven't heard of that one Big Grin