Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Computer Wizards! NEED HELP!

Quote:Windows 6? Impressive, I haven't heard of that one Big Grin

He's not old school...apparently he's just old! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

[Image: kXvlX6M.jpg]

Hey Baby, I noticed you standing over there all furry and alone, you seem like a really baaaad girl.

Love

Quote:He's not old school...apparently he's just old! :thumbsup:

I am lost for words. Brain totally went blank. :blink:  70 years ago, this wouldn't have happened.

Quote:Is that the same effect that makes Apple users think their $600 computer was worth the $1500 price tag?

I'm pretty sure that is genetic and not a software issue.

Quote:Ah, trying to justify the ridiculous price you paid for a Mac by attacking what I played around with when I was 5.

I pity you,[Image: kXvlX6M.jpg]

I've never owned a Mac. I personally prefer windows primarily for it's hallucinogenic properties. Plus apple products do not have notepad.

Quote:Hey Baby, I noticed you standing over there all furry and alone, you seem like a really baaaad girl.

Love

I am lost for words. Brain totally went blank. :blink:  70 years ago, this wouldn't have happened.

Be careful...the donkey will get jealous!! :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I've found that Chrome is much quicker - Google maps comes to mind.  I use Firefox as my backup because there are certain tasks that Chrome doesn't handle, like expandable menus.  

HTML5 is superior.  When will Flash die?

Chrome on Windows is garbage, but Chrome on Android is AWESOME.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Chrome on Windows is garbage, but Chrome on Android is AWESOME.

Then what would describe IE as? Chrome is easily one of the two best browsers on Windows.

Quote:Chrome on Windows is garbage, but Chrome on Android is AWESOME.

Why do you say that?  Is it problematic for you?

Quote:Then what would describe IE as? Chrome is easily one of the two best browsers on Windows.

Have to agree. Ever since I've tried Chrome for the first time a couple of years ago, haven't been back to Firefox since..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Have to agree. Ever since I've tried Chrome for the first time a couple of years ago, haven't been back to Firefox since..

I think it comes down to preference between those two. Neither is, imo, clearly better than the other the way that the two of them are clearly better than Safari, Opera, and IE.

Quote:I think it comes down to preference between those two. Neither is, imo, clearly better than the other the way that the two of them are clearly better than Safari, Opera, and IE.

Firefox is nice, but has too many bells and whistles for me.. Almost to the point of bogging my pc down when using it (not nearly as bad as IE though). I prefer Chrome cause its basic and simple without all the flash..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:Firefox is nice, but has too many bells and whistles for me.. Almost to the point of bogging my pc down when using it (not nearly as bad as IE though). I prefer Chrome cause its basic and simple without all the flash..

I typically run mine without any toolbars or add-ons (I hate clutter on my screen) so both run at roughly the same speed. What it comes down to for me is that I prefer Firefox's Development Tools and the availability of things like Firebug. Chrome is more HTML5 compliant though, I'll give it that.

Chrome and Firefox are probably the best -- though some people prefer IE because it comes installed already (personally I like to think of IE as a Browser Downloader) 

Some extensions are good.  The only ones I have for Chrome right now is MediaHint and NoScript.  MediaHint lets you get past those pesky regional issues, and NoScript is good to prevent viruses.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013, 03:48 PM by Unravel.)

Quote:Chrome and Firefox are probably the best -- though some people prefer IE because it comes installed already (personally I like to think of IE as a Browser Downloader) 

Some extensions are good.  The only ones I have for Chrome right now is MediaHint and NoScript.  MediaHint lets you get past those pesky regional issues, and NoScript is good to prevent viruses.
Some people prefer IE because they don't understand. Sorry, but anyone with any sense regarding computers knows that IE is simply horrific.

Quote:Then what would describe IE as? Chrome is easily one of the two best browsers on Windows.
Radioactive waste.

Quote:Radioactive waste.

Even that is being too kind, imo.

I've not given up on this video not working just yet. Let me ask a couple questions.

Okay, question #1) ... does it tell you to update/install flash player when you click on a youtube video? then no matter how many times you install/update flash player, it still won't play the youtube video?

Question #2) What Windows version are you running? (If you aren't sure, see how to Google for Video answers below)

Question #Lastly) you would be shocked at how many times you can do a search on youtube on how to fix a problem with your computer. Works like 91% of the time if not more. Have you tried to Google a video on how to fix this problem?

:woot:  Just kidding, but seriously ... What Windows version, and do you get the "Flash Player" update error when you click on a Youtube video?

Dang, have we been through these questions before? I hope I am not 2 days past your problem being already fixed. I hate when that happens to me. Smile

IE is just good for web browsing. I cant multitask with multiple vids in multiple tabs on IE.

Quote:Why do you say that?  Is it problematic for you?

The Flash on IE causes all my programs to freeze, or lag. Now I know if I need to download a vid, I swich over to Chrome. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Right click>format>okay

Problem solved. Smile

Quote:IE is just good for web browsing. I cant multitask with multiple vids in multiple tabs on IE.

The Flash on IE causes all my programs to freeze, or lag. Now I know if I need to download a vid, I swich over to Chrome. 

Going to have to disagree here. It's slow, clunky, has a terrible interface, and isn't standards compliant. It's a browser downloader to me. Tongue