Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Iron Bowl

Any chance Alabama will play against Louisville for a bowl game? -.-"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Clemson and Miami were top 10 in the nation when FSU handled them, that's when it counted.

that's not how it works. haha

Quote:Go for 2, go for 2!!!!!!!

I thought about Michigan's TPC attempt and did not want Auburn to do it.

Quote:i dont think they are taking any risks here.

When time is running out, everything you do is a risk.

What a terrific finish for Auburn. Has to rate as one of the top finishes all-time.

Great game. 

Auburn should pass Ohio State in the polls.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:that's not how it works. haha
Well tell me how it works then..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:What a terrific finish for Auburn. Has to rate as one of the top finishes all-time.

Great game.

They should if they beat Mizzou

Quote:It was 57 yarder, especially given how bad their field goal attempts were.

Who would have thought the Tiger in the end zone would actually get it and run all the way back? That very rarely happens. If Alabama tackled him, it would not matter.

Quote:Why not just take a knee and let the team keep doing what it does?

Keep on doing what? I saw a lot of dropped passes and overthrown passes. Cade Foster missed a chip-shot 33-yarder. The score was tied because of one 99-yard TD - the result of a missed tackle. If the game went to overtime, Alabama would have to do something different.

This game reminds me of our win against Denver in 96. Except this one was twice as important and as intense.

Quote:What a terrific finish for Auburn. Has to rate as one of the top finishes all-time.

Great game. 

Only because Michigan is unranked and almost pulled off the upset, not anything Auburn did.

Quote:Well tell me how it works then..

the strength of shedule formula doesn't get locked in at the beginning of the year or whenever the teams play. it changes until the last week of games

if you play the #1 team week one and win, but then that former #1 team loses 5 more games in the year, it doesn't carry the same weight in the final rankings

I cant imagine a one loss Auburn or Mizzou passing an undefeated Ohio St in the BCS.  Ohio St hasnt played the most difficult schedule but its been harder than FSU's.  So I dont know that you can justify skipping them.  

Quote:I cant imagine a one loss Auburn or Mizzou passing an undefeated Ohio St in the BCS. Ohio St hasnt played the most difficult schedule but its been harder than FSU's. So I dont know that you can justify skipping them.  

I have said all week if Alabama loses, FSU will be #1, Ohio State will be #2, and Auburn will be #3. Despite the fact OSU won by only one point, I still think because the Buckeyes are undefeated, there is no reason Auburn should jump over them. People who say Auburn should be #2 instead of Ohio State are just hating on the Buckeyes.

Quote:I have said all week if Alabama loses, FSU will be #1, Ohio State will be #2, and Auburn will be #3. Despite the fact OSU won by only one point, I still think because the Buckeyes are undefeated, there is no reason Auburn should jump over them. People who say Auburn should be #2 instead of Ohio State are just hating on the Buckeyes.

No, Auburn will be ranked 2nd, I promise.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:No, Auburn will be ranked 2nd, I promise.
I will also make that promise.

No they won't. After SC beats Clemson it will pull away computer votes from FSU and garner additional points for tOSU. Couple that with their unbeaten records, FSU and tOSU will be 1 & 2, respectively. Is Auburn wins the SEC championship, then maybe.. But that is probably contingent on a tOSU loss to Mich. St.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks, that's for sure.

Why should any one-loss team be ranked higher than an undefeated team in a BCS conference?

If Auburn jumps over Ohio State, the BCS crap is just showing SEC bias.

Quote:Why should any one-loss team be ranked higher than an undefeated team in a BCS conference?

If Auburn jumps over Ohio State, the BCS crap is just showing SEC bias.

If I've heard correctly on ESPN, a 1 loss team has never jumped an unbeaten to play in the NCG. I seriously doubt it happens this year, and if it does, there is definitely SEC bias afoot.

Quote:If I've heard correctly on ESPN, a 1 loss team has never jumped an unbeaten to play in the NCG. I seriously doubt it happens this year, and if it does, there is definitely SEC bias afoot.

Thank God there will be a four-team playoff for the next 10 seasons if Auburn does jump over Ohio State. Even if I was not a Buckeyes fan, I would call that move idiotic.

I guess it'll be Cam Newton vs Blaine Gabbert for the SEC championship game. Lol

Quote:Only because Michigan is unranked and almost pulled off the upset, not anything Auburn did.
Auburn beat Alabama, the consensus number one college football team in the country. Michigan had Ohio State beat, but they fell on their swords to keep Ohio State in the national championship hunt. 

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif