Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drafting if we fall out the first 5

Quote:My head will explode if we take another OT in the 1st.

I wouldn't worry about that

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he's there id take Matthews and grab Manziel. If he's not, trade back for more picks and take the best available QB to start.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We should address Scobee's eventual replacement.

Quote:If he's there id take Matthews and grab Manziel. If he's not, trade back for more picks and take the best available QB to start.

Again why the heck would we draft another LT? That makes no sense what so ever. We just had 2 and then traded one and now people want to draft another one? This draft has some pass rushers and QBs, but yea lets keep drafting OLmen.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

lol, we're not falling out of the top two, much less top five.

Quote:Again why the heck would we draft another LT? That makes no sense what so ever. Wie just had 2 and then traded one and now people want to draft another one? This draft has some pass rushers and QBs, but yea lets keep drafting OLmen.

Matthews can play left and right..

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 11:46 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The scary thing is Gabbert wasn't considered a lottery pick. He was the top QB on a lot of boards, and even the draft pundits liked him too, but were the first to blame up for taking him when he went all Gabbert on us.

I think it was apparent that not many teams REALLY thought all that much of Gabbert - on draft day when QB NEEDY teams were passing on him throughout the top 10. 

Quote:lol, we're not falling out of the top two, much less top five.

If the season ended today we would have the first pick.

(insert outrage)

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 11:48 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:lol, we're not falling out of the top two, much less top five.

I think that opinion is delusional. This team will not be drafting in the top 2. They will beat the Texans and then beat the Colts the last week when their starters rest....

...and thats not factoring any unseen wins that could easily happen with the ease of schedule otherwise. 

Quote:Again why the heck would we draft another LT? That makes no sense what so ever. We just had 2 and then traded one and now people want to draft another one? This draft has some pass rushers and QBs, but yea lets keep drafting OLmen.

So yeah, lets draft another QB without any kind of protection and watch him flop around on the ground like a fish when he gets hammered.. Jeanyus..

Quote:On a side note. Do you think Roethlisberger will leave Pittsburgh?
No.  That conversation is dead.  I listen to Pittsburgh sports talk radio for a few hours per day -- the won't let him go until he's no longer able to play at a top 10 level.  It's been 25 years between Bradshaw and Big Ben so they understand what living with a Bubby Brister is all about.

Quote:I think that opinion is delusional. This team will not be drafting in the top 2. They will beat the Texans and then beat the Colts the last week when their starters rest....

...and thats not factoring any unseen wins that could easily happen with the ease of schedule otherwise. 

Why will the Colts be resting their starters?

Quote:Why will the Colts be resting their starters?

Because there will be no bye week to play for by then as that goes to one of the top 2 playoff seeds, and their playoff seed will be decided by that week. 

Quote:No.  That conversation is dead.  I listen to Pittsburgh sports talk radio for a few hours per day -- the won't let him go until he's no longer able to play at a top 10 level.  It's been 25 years between Bradshaw and Big Ben so they understand what living with a Bubby Brister is all about.

Unfortunately, we haven't learned yet....Even the prize of a Bridgewater isn't enough to get this team to do whatever it takes to get that QB to end our run of Leftwich's/ Garrards/ McCowns/ Henne's....next year we'll add to that list with a Carr/ Mariota/ etc etc

Quote:I think that opinion is delusional. This team will not be drafting in the top 2. They will beat the Texans and then beat the Colts the last week when their starters rest....

That opinion is not delusional.  Thinking Mark Sanchez and Dan LeFevour will be star QB's in the NFL?  Now that is delusional.

Quote:Unfortunately, we haven't learned yet....Even the prize of a Bridgewater isn't enough to get this team to do whatever it takes to get that QB to end our run of Leftwich's/ Garrards/ McCowns/ Henne's....next year we'll add to that list with a Carr/ Mariota/ etc etc

Where was Roethlisberger picked?

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 12:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Where was Roethlisberger picked?

Top 10. 

So you're advocating luck to have to be factored in for the Jags to get their QB. 

I'd rather the decision be wholly in our hands than having to depend on other teams screwing up ahead of us in the draft for us to maybe get our QB. 

You're advocating playing the QB lottery rather than getting the most sure thing of the draft. 

Given our schedule, and how the team is improved surely its not beyond reason that we'll win at least 2 possibly more of the remaining games? We're not exactly playing world beaters. (not that we are either!)

@ Browns

Texans

Bills

Titans

@ Colts

Vikings are likely to pick at #1 given their schedule.

Would people prefer to take a risk on someone like Manziel or pick up say Vick, Flynn or Cutler?

Quote:My head will explode if we take another OT in the 1st.

Glad I'm not alone.

Last time my head exploded was probably Alualu.  Though Joeckel came close.  If it had been Eric Fisher instead it probably would have.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Top 10.

So you're advocating luck to have to be factored in for the Jags to get their QB.

I'd rather the decision be wholly in our hands than having to depend on other teams screwing up ahead of us in the draft for us to maybe get our QB.

You're advocating playing the QB lottery rather than getting the most sure thing of the draft.

There's no sure thing in the draft if that was true Aaron Curry, Jamarcus Russell, and a whole bunch of other "sure things" would be stars.