Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Jags keep Henne at QB in 2014?

He is up and down, but today against the best (statistically) defense in the league he played very well. I think that we need a lot of players and a rookie QB will likely struggle mightily with our OL. I say we draft DE/OL in round 1 & 2 and then look at taking Murray or Mettenberger in Round 3.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He is up and down, but today against the best (statistically) defense in the league he played very well. I think that we need a lot of players and a rookie QB will likely struggle mightily with our OL. I say we draft DE/OL in round 1 & 2 and then look at taking Murray or Mettenberger in Round 3.

How about no?

as a backup maybe, and a cheap contract.

Please tell me you're joking.. for the love of god. 

He's awful.  No thanks.

Sounds good; guess we draft a QB round 1 so they get killed all year long. Maybe we can get Carr from Fresno St. He can get destroyed like his older brother did in Houston.

Quote:Sounds good; guess we draft a QB round 1 so they get killed all year long. Maybe we can get Carr from Fresno St. He can get destroyed like his older brother did in Houston.

Nobody said we objected to a veteran QB.....we said we objected to Henne. 

We lose. He keeps showing week in and week out why he shouldn't be a starter in the NFL...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

He scored 0 points against a ham sandwich defense.

Quote:He is up and down, but today against the best (statistically) defense in the league he played very well. I think that we need a lot of players and a rookie QB will likely struggle mightily with our OL. I say we draft DE/OL in round 1 & 2 and then look at taking Murray or Mettenberger in Round 3.

Need a bib?

I'm trying to wrap my head around you saying that Henne played, and I quote, "very well" today. Do we just consider any 0 int day as great QB play in Jacksonville now?

He and Gabby are toast me thinks.

We panic?  :confused: 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

There are times during the games, I find myself thinking the same thing. Then he does something really dumb, and reality sets in.

Quote:There are times during the games, I find myself thinking the same thing. Then he does something really dumb, and reality sets in.
Is it sad that everytime he drops back I think it will be intercepted lol

Quote:Is it sad that everytime he drops back I think it will be intercepted lol
The coaches took care of that. Now he always either throws a 3 yard quick slant or a screen pass. He's so bad that some of those still get intercepted but it's what he can handle.

Henne did throw deep several times today.  He was also more accurate than usual (still almost had a pick-6, though).

He would look a lot better with Blackmon and Mike Brown on the field...and with a rebuilt OL.  He'd make a reliable veteran backup or placeholder starter until the rook QB takes over

Blaine will be the backup. His contract is fully guaranteed so there is no point to pay for another backup.

As for keeping Chad, lolno.

Quote:Blaine will be the backup. His contract is fully guaranteed so there is no point to pay for another backup.

I guess that makes sense if your starter goes down and you want to lose the game.

Gabbert is garbage. He doesn't even deserve to be a 3rd string QB.

And it begins. Henne plays his best game (0 touchdowns) in a game that really didn't matter (better if we lost) and now the fans are starting to get tricked.

Henne or Gabbert WILL be back next year and start for the Jaguars. Because we just don't know any better.