Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Jags keep Henne at QB in 2014?

Gabbert needs to fix the pocket presence issue or his career is over.  He's got the tools but not the intangibles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

4 TDs in 8 games. No.

yeah the had a stat going into the game stating that henne and gabbert combined had like 5 TD and 19 picks or something like that on the season. Not a recepie for success for any team. I can see them keeping BG around because he doesn't have a vet's price tag and maybe they can fix him enough that he'll look good in preseason games that someone might make an offer for him if he's desperate.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Don't good teams usually have good quarterbacks?

Let me get this right. You want Chad Henne as the QB next yr??!!!!???!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote:Blaine will be the backup. His contract is fully guaranteed so there is no point to pay for another backup.

As for keeping Chad, lolno.
They are both horrible. They might just be the third and forth best quarterbacks on the team....

but I would not be surprised AT ALL if they were both back next year. There's been too much blind confidence in them to just assume that there won't be that kind of blind confidence next year.

Quote:He is up and down, but today against the best (statistically) defense in the league he played very well. I think that we need a lot of players and a rookie QB will likely struggle mightily with our OL. I say we draft DE/OL in round 1 & 2 and then look at taking Murray or Mettenberger in Round 3.

This is coming from a divisional rival..  and even I'm saying this.

Please don't read anything into his performance.. look what he did against Wade last season for Christ's sake.  Henne still stinks and I'm tired of hearing about the best (statistically) defense in the league.  People in Houston can't figure out how the heck we still hold that rank.

See my post before the game even started..

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...entry61429

This is like a weird version of Stockholm Syndrome right?

No!

"A lion never roars after the kill."

We need to draft Teddy or Johnny then sign Flynn to elevate their play

Gabbert should've been cut years ago. Who knows, perhaps a divisional rival would've taken a shot on him and his stupidity could plague their organization...now everyone unquestionably knows how garbage Gabbert is

What if Jags keep Henne at QB in 2014?

[Image: anti-smoking-nasty-suicide-small-84201.jpg]

I'll make myself a little necktie....

Quote:We need to draft Teddy or Johnny then sign Flynn to elevate their play
:yes:

Its true, Flynn is the best QB coach in the league apparently. He should learn to coach himself 

They're going to need a veteran. Marco Coleman speculated that it could be Henne. Of course that doesn't mean much more than our speculation but it does prove the consensus that whoever we draft at the QB position will ride the pine for a while to acclimate.

Henne is a veteran and will make a good backup.  The other two QBs on the roster aren't really NFL material.  Henne has a grasp of the game mentally and although he lacks the physical abilities of an NFL caliber starter would be good to have on the roster and is probably at least as good as half the other backups in the league right now.  

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think the team wipes the slate clean at QB. Matt Scott might be in camp next year but that is it. The team will sign a veteran to backup their first round QB. Someone like Tavaris Jackon or Rex Grossman. I don't think Henne would be a bad backup but I just think the team goes in a different direction.

;

;

Jackson maybe would make sense, but Henne already knows the system and both of those other guys are currently signed with other teams.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

This thread gives me the shakes.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Blaine will be the backup. His contract is fully guaranteed so there is no point to pay for another backup.

As for keeping Chad, lolno.
Blaine has only a $2.0m base salary next season, guaranteed.  The remaining $1.8m cap hit is previously paid unamortized signing bonus.  I don't think his salary for his last contractual season (next year) is prohibitive from him getting axed.

Henne bad.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]