Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What if Jags keep Henne at QB in 2014?

Quote:What is with you idiots that want someone like Henne as a "mentor"?

He's one of the last guys I'd want mentoring anyone. What in the world does he have to offer someone? Throw tons of checkdowns and interceptions and if the team you're playing sucks you might ruin the draft position enough that they won't be able to replace you?

Henne should be gone at the end of the year, and if Gabbert sticks around it should only be because he's accepted he's a backup and he's cheap.

Henne has qualities you'd want to teach a young QB, reports say time after time he shows up to study film, puts in time to develop the craft and so on things you WANT your young QB to do. Henne doesn't have the skill set or talent to lead a team fine, but he's a good example of how you want a young QB to conduct themselves.

It's been reported Gabbert is disconnected from the team, hasn't ever really displayed any leadership, and so on.

No one's saying Henne has to be the backup but it's understandable if they keep him around. But yea let's keep the guy that has completely mailed it in over the guy that has shown at least the discipline to try and improve his craft. Man if only I wasn't an idiot :unsure:

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Do you really want Henne mentoring a young QB next year?

I'd love to sign Shaun Hill, but I bet Detroit finds a way to keep him.

See above, not so much as wanting Henne but looking at other options you need some kind of Veteran backup. Unless we go and get 2 rookie QB's but that's risky.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Henne has qualities you'd want to teach a young QB, reports say time after time he shows up to study film, puts in time to develop the craft and so on things you WANT your young QB to do. Henne doesn't have the skill set or talent to lead a team fine, but he's a good example of how you want a young QB to conduct themselves.

It's been reported Gabbert is disconnected from the team, hasn't ever really displayed any leadership, and so on.

No one's saying Henne has to be the backup but it's understandable if they keep him around. But yea let's keep the guy that has completely mailed it in over the guy that has shown at least the discipline to try and improve his craft. Man if only I wasn't an idiot :unsure:

I'm going to need to see a reputable source on that.

Every report from any legitimate source has always said that Gabbert is great in all of the aspects you're lauding Henne for. He just sucks as a QB.

Seriously, mentoring is a joke anyway, coaches coach, players play.

I doubt someone like Gabbert or Henne would have anything to teach a guy like Bridgewater besides where to pick up his checks, anyway.

Odds are that Henne and Gabbert are both playing elsewhere next year.  However, Henne has shown enough production over the last several games to warrant some consideration to be retained to back up the rookie.  He knows the system. 

They could keep either Henne or Gabbert as backups for the simple fact that they know the system and they know the personnel.  It really doesn't matter.  If this team drafts a QB with their first pick, he's the starter the moment his name is called.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Henne deserves to be the backup over Gabbert.

Gabbert does not deserve a roster spot next year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Knowing the system and being able to play it are two different things.

lame gabber? ain't now way...keep hearing he has the "tools" but not the "intangibles". What ever, he's proven to be unable

to be anything that resembles an NFL quarterback.....as a backup or god forbid a starter.

garbageman henne....can't really get a warm fuzzy seeing him holding the clipboard. And having him teaching a new high draft pick what?

how to selfsack, throw game killer late interceptions or telegraph throws.

No thanks, just talked myself out of it.

I want the remnants of the shack/gene era out of here.

A new broom sweeps clean.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Odds are that Henne and Gabbert are both playing elsewhere next year.  However, Henne has shown enough production over the last several games to warrant some consideration to be retained to back up the rookie.  He knows the system. 

They could keep either Henne or Gabbert as backups for the simple fact that they know the system and they know the personnel.  It really doesn't matter.  If this team drafts a QB with their first pick, he's the starter the moment his name is called.
Never thought id ever say this, but Henne could also provide a bridge, if a rookie is not ready.

Quote:He is up and down, but today against the best (statistically) defense in the league he played very well. I think that we need a lot of players and a rookie QB will likely struggle mightily with our OL. I say we draft DE/OL in round 1 & 2 and then look at taking Murray or Mettenberger in Round 3.

Henne is terrible. He is 30th in the league in passer rating. He is not the future.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Quote:Never thought id ever say this, but Henne could also provide a bridge, if a rookie is not ready.
I think that's probably the worst case scenario.

Ideally, you draft your starting QB and you plug him in right away after retooling the interior of that line.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013, 07:03 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

Henne is terrible. He is 30th in the league in passer rating. He is not the future.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

doesn't matter. They won 13-6 vs the 2-8 Case Keenum led Texans yesterday. So today, they are all fine now with Henne returning. 

Quote:doesn't matter. They won 13-6 vs the 2-8 Case Keenum led Texans yesterday. So today, they are all fine now with Henne returning. 

Let's talk about a complete failure of reading comprehension, shall we?  Don't you have fries to make, or grease pits to clean?

Quote:I think that's probably the worst case scenario.

Ideally, you draft your starting QB and you plug him in right away after retooling the interior of that line.
Retooling the interior line is what most people won't accept as necessary. Around these Maddenites, you plug a QB in and the interior line is an afterthought.

You're correct. It makes no sense whatsoever to put a college QB of high draft standard behind a porous line to get him killed. We've seen that act before.

Regards.............the Chiefjag

Quote: 

Retooling the interior line is what most people won't accept as necessary. Around these Maddenites, you plug a QB in and the interior line is an afterthought.

You're correct. It makes no sense whatsoever to put a college QB of high draft standard behind a porous line to get him killed. We've seen that act before.

I didn't realize that the 2 were mutually exclusive. 

WHen did they start limiting teams to 1 single incoming player during the offseason??  

Quote: 

WHen did they start limiting teams to 1 single incoming player during the offseason??  

I thought there was only one player available that could keep us from middling in mediocrity for the next 5 years. 

Quote:doesn't matter. They won 13-6 vs the 2-8 Case Keenum led Texans yesterday. So today, they are all fine now with Henne returning.

Perhaps you need help understanding. I think I've watered things brighter than you.

People are happy for the win. Being happy for the win does not mean they are happy with keeping the same QB for the future. One does not equal the other. It is entirely possible to be happy to win the game without being satisfied with the QB. SMH.

Quote:I thought there was only one player available that could keep us from middling in mediocrity for the next 5 years. 

You need the franchise QB to be successful and they don't grow on trees....however, he acted/ implied as if - if the Jags got Bridgewater that also improving the interior OL in the same offseason wasn't possible. 

Quote: 

Perhaps you need help understanding. I think I've watered things brighter than you.

People are happy for the win. Being happy for the win does not mean they are happy with keeping the same QB for the future. One does not equal the other. It is entirely possible to be happy to win the game without being satisfied with the QB. SMH.

really? I'm reading a lot of "keep Henne" in this thread. 

Quote:really? I'm reading a lot of "keep Henne" in this thread. 

I'm not, why don't you do a poll to prove your point?

Regards.................the Chiefjag

This is an aging QB that has taken a beating and hit his ceiling. Better than Gabbert, sometimes serviceable but looking decent once per season is not a good thing... and he did not look good against the Titans either in which we won. 

No pain, no gain.

I wouldn't mind Henne starting next season if let's say we had a qb thay we drafted on the bench and feel isn't ready..maybe. if Henne is intended to be the starter for the whole season of '14 then I onlt have two words: Jameis Winston baby. Yeah I had added a third word. If we don't go QB in round uno next draft then we damn well better have someone on the roster we took in the 2nd or later that spring. I have a strong feeling Henne won't be on the roster next year though
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."