Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we gice the Tacks Jameis next year?

On our way to completing the trifecta. Keep up the effort Jags!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

huh?

Gene's Myth

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 04:28 PM by Coltswarriors.)

Typical SC1 thread/post...

... It doesn't make sense.

Handed the Clots Luck with meaningless win, Tinhorns Teddy with meaningless win. I'm sure at some point next year, we will have a meaningless win against the tacks that hand them Jameis or whomever the top QB happens to be.

what doesn't make sense about that CW?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 05:40 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:Handed the Clots Luck with meaningless win, Tinhorns Teddy with meaningless win. I'm sure at some point next year, we will have a meaningless win against the tacks that hand them Jameis or whomever the top QB happens to be.

For the love of god... Teddy Bridgewater IS NOT Andrew Luck.. There is no clear cut franchise QB (Andrew Luck) in this draft.  Texans fans don't even want Bridgewater if they have the #1ovrl pick, you did yourself a favor here.  I'm still hoping we win a few games to remove ourselves from that position.  I'd take Derek Carr and McCarron over Bridgewater. (I know, sounds crazy)

The Andrew Luck phenomena has skewed so many people's perspectives on what the #1 overall pick is about.  For every Luck there's 3 Leafs.  It just doesn't make any sense.  

Gene's Myth

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 04:25 AM by KL1gus.)

Quote: 

The Andrew Luck phenomena has skewed so many people's perspectives on what the #1 overall pick is about. Now every QB prospect have to be at least as good as a once in a generation prospect to be worth 1st overall .
Fixed

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 10:44 AM by Ninja#117.)

Quote:Fixed

good fix.

However i do understand SC1 's concern. No Bridgewater isnt Luck but he is Bridgewater and carries a near identical grade and skillset with just as good if not better mental makeup for the position. He is Louisville in the same way that Luck was stanford and you could make a case that Luck's Stanford team had more talent than Bridgewater's Louisville team that has meh receivers who drop a ton of passes and a horrid O-line.

They have the same arm strength , same level of mobility , same outstanding pocket awarness,same outstanding footwork , same insane accuracy and ability to lead receivers open for YAC , same ability to completey run an offense, same ability to win with their brains and pick disect defenses , same killer's mentality......

Yet somehow you get people like Holliday saying he'd rahter have McCarron and others claiming he isnt a franchise QB. If he isnt then Carr should be considered absolute trash and McCarron should be cited for playing for a monster team in Alabama.

No one is saying he's Luck of course but he is a franchise QB and rare prospect in his own right. Lol Carr over Bridgewater....

the season's over?

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 02:30 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:For the love of god... Teddy Bridgewater IS NOT Andrew Luck.. There is no clear cut franchise QB (Andrew Luck) in this draft.  Texans fans don't even want Bridgewater if they have the #1ovrl pick, you did yourself a favor here.  I'm still hoping we win a few games to remove ourselves from that position.  I'd take Derek Carr and McCarron over Bridgewater. (I know, sounds crazy)

we'll see if you say that next season.....

Quote:For the love of god... Teddy Bridgewater IS NOT Andrew Luck.. There is no clear cut franchise QB (Andrew Luck) in this draft.  Texans fans don't even want Bridgewater if they have the #1ovrl pick, you did yourself a favor here.  I'm still hoping we win a few games to remove ourselves from that position.  I'd take Derek Carr and McCarron over Bridgewater. (I know, sounds crazy)
If you wait for the next Andrew Luck you will wait a loooooong time. Review your standards.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 01:37 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

I might be the only person here who thinks this and I am sure people will let me hear it for saying this but its still too early to be positive that Luck is going to be in the Manning / Brady class.  He will be a really good QB, that is obvious, but to take that step to be elite, to be that once in a generation player is a big one.  We won't know if he is that guy for a while.  He might just be a really good QB, not one to fear for a decade.  You can't play year to year trying to avoid other teams from drafting certain players.   

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Handed the Clots Luck with meaningless win, Tinhorns Teddy with meaningless win. I'm sure at some point next year, we will have a meaningless win against the tacks that hand them Jameis or whomever the top QB happens to be.

You need a tissue bro?

;

;

tinhorns own the #1 pick at the moment.

Quote:tinhorns own the #1 pick at the moment.

I refuse to gice up our game against them in order to move up the draft.  You play to win the game.  Good and bad draft picks average out over time with a good GM.  It's a game of gice and take.

Quote:tinhorns own the #1 pick at the moment.

Based on the season SoS, the Jaguars do.

;

;

Quote:I refuse to gice up our game against them in order to move up the draft.  You play to win the game.  Good and bad draft picks average out over time with a good GM.  It's a game of gice and take.

I think the players are playing hard for Bradley. They are gicing it all they got.

;

;

Quote:I think the players are playing hard for Bradley. They are gicing it all they got.

After the Houston win I believe that's a gicen.

Quote:Based on the season SoS, the Jaguars do.
According to nfl.com, id the season ended today, the Texans would have it.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams</a>

Quote:According to nfl.com, id the season ended today, the Texans would have it.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams</a>

They only use SoS through last weekend. Not factoring in the season SoS.

;

;