Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Heisman Watch

This is the worst year for a Heisman in a while.  

Winston would have to be the front runner after this week.  Almost all the other top candidates lost this weekend.  Obviously Winston may have the rape case hanging over him.  And as far as just on the field, with every passing week, their schedule this year just keeps getting weaker and weaker.  

I'd have to guess the #2 spot at the moment would be McCarron.  One thing that hurts him is that he'll never have the big stats because the offense is so conservative.  In the past he has been able to hang his hat on big moments in big games.  And he'll have a big chance coming up against Auburn and then in the SEC title against Mizzou/SC (good chance either will be in the top 10).  His may end up being a career Heisman.

Who else?  Andre Williams who has over 2000 yards rushing?

Bridgewater who has the great stats?

Ka'Deem Carey who has over 100 yards rushing in every game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Carr?

Yea good call... I should have mentioned Carr.  Fresno gets so little attention he slipped my mine.

Carr has the big stats and his team is undefeated.

Carr dosent have the National spotlight on him enough to be considered.

If this stuff blows over for Winston, he will get the Heisman.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Carr plays for a small school, so I doubt he seriously gets mentioned among the voters. And most QBs that win the heisman or even compete for it are dual threat guys. 

I'll be a very interesting Heisman award that's for sure.

Lynch and Carr should be leading...but I think it's becoming McCarron's by default unfortunately.

Well once again all the other competition for Jameis either get hurt or their team loses.  Andre Williams' chances probably went out the window after having to leave the Syracuse game early with an injury.  McCarron played well but his team lost.  And Derek Carr put up insanely huge numbers but his team also lost so their dream season is done.

Even is Jameis was an obvious rapist Im not sure there is anyone who could beat him.

Quote:Well once again all the other competition for Jameis either get hurt or their team loses.  Andre Williams' chances probably went out the window after having to leave the Syracuse game early with an injury.  McCarron played well but his team lost.  And Derek Carr put up insanely huge numbers but his team also lost so their dream season is done.

Even is Jameis was an obvious rapist Im not sure there is anyone who could beat him.

Are you saying it is obvious that Jameis is a rapist?

The race is over. Jameis has the Heisman in the bag. The only thing that can change that is if he gets charged, which in all likelihood he won't.

Gonna feel real good when he's exonerated, wins the Heisman, and smashes Urban and Ohio State in Pasadena.

I still think a lot of the old school voters (along the same vein as the idiotic ones who voted Miggy over Trout) will hold the off field issue against Jameis. The four people I would invite to NYC are Jameis, Lynch, Carr, and Williams, with Lynch winning it. 

Its funny to me that some of you guys say winston's lack of competetion gets weaker and weaker, but then say lynch or carr should win! Ya becuase those guys play big time schools everyweek. Give me a break

Winston wins. McCarron, Andre Williams, Lynch get invites. Winston wins in a runaway.

Quote:I still think a lot of the old school voters (along the same vein as the idiotic ones who voted Miggy over Trout) will hold the off field issue against Jameis. The four people I would invite to NYC are Jameis, Lynch, Carr, and Williams, with Lynch winning it. 

Lynch is a glorified running back playing QB and plays high school competition.

Quote:Lynch is a glorified running back playing QB and plays high school competition.
And he's playing with high school level talent too. Kinda breaks even no?

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 09:28 PM by trunt87.)

Snore

Quote:Carr dosent have the National spotlight on him enough to be considered.

If this stuff blows over for Winston, he will get the Heisman.

It better start blowing quick...seems like they are sitting on their thumbs over there. And don't give me that crap about them having a high profile murder case they are working on, if the capital doesn't have a big enough SAO to handle more than one case at a time...they need to fix something!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Lynch is a glorified running back playing QB and plays high school competition.

Yawn. He has high school talent around him and has done things no one else in history has come close to doing. It's not like he plays in an offense that is conducive to his ridiculous stats like Colt Brennan under June Jones.

Winston should be the unanimous decision, obviously, but Jordan Lynch is a really good football player that is way too good for the MAC.