Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pride cometh before a fall

From today's Times-Union:

Quote: 

"Remember when we played the Indianapolis Colts [in 2011], and if they lost, they'd get the first pick?" said Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew, referring to the drafting of franchise quarterback Andrew Luck. "My buddies on the [Jaguars] were saying, 'We're not going out there to lose.' It's a pride thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They should swallow their pride. Colts fans are laughing all the way to winning the division now.

But I do respect mjd's thoughts on it. If I were a player I'd want to win as well.

Maybe the "pride thing" should have started week 1!
A good loser is a good loser

You can debate if we should cheer for a loss but hopefully everyone here is smart enough to know the team's not going to try and lose. Especially players that are interviewing for Free Agency.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

That MJD quote makes me cringe...Go Texans!

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Is playing to lose smart?

While you could make a case for doing it, you wouldn't want them on the team if they did lay down.

Just play a good game and let the chips fall where they will.

Go Jags!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Maybe the "pride thing" should have started week 1!
thank you

Drafting Blaine Gabbert cometh before a fall

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 11:33 AM by JagsFerLife.)

Colts would not be in the lead for the division if this whole division didn't suck. Colts and Luck really aren't that good.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

No, the players and coaches are not tanking.  Ever.  There were consequences for what happened in Indy that year.

Still, I think management knew what to expect THIS YEAR because of how they gutted the roster to start with a blank slate.

Woo-hoo!! Another tanking thread!   I'll be so glad when this doesn't have to be must-have conversation for the Jags anymore. 

Until then..... Go Jags!   I mean, tinhorns.  No, I mean Jags!  Wait....... ah hell..... I don't know anymore.     FOOTBALL!!  Go football. 

Quote:Colts would not be in the lead for the division if this whole division didn't suck. Colts and Luck really aren't that good.

What you basically said is that the Colts wouldn't be in first place if there was a team better than them in the division....

Ya think?  :thumbsup:

Well, I hope the colts return the favor on week 17 and win so we can get our teddy and ride into the sunset.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Colts would not be in the lead for the division if this whole division didn't suck. Colts and Luck really aren't that good.
Yeah, that win over the Broncos must have been pretty easy for them to pull off.
Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I wonder how many of these mensas that think losing is cool actually tank it at their own jobs so their employer can replace them with someone better? Rolleyes

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Just noticing that since that "pride" game, the Jags are averaging 1.5 wins a year while the Colts are making their 2nd trip to the playoffs. 

Too bad the Colts didn't have a little more "pride" that day.

Yeah, we need to lose so we can draft Bridgewater!  

Oh, wait, I meant Clowney. 

Or maybe Mariota. 

Or...

Just gotta trust that Caldwell will bring in the right players.  So far he has done very well.  There's a lot of young players on the team who are starting to show their potential.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2013, 06:21 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I wonder how many of these mensas that think losing is cool actually tank it at their own jobs so their employer can replace them with someone better? Rolleyes

I have seen employees tank in their job performance in a deliberate effort to get their manager (QB) replaced by another manager they knew would get the job, but your point is spot on. There are very few secure spots on the Jaguars roster. Most of these guys are playing for their future with the franchise.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]