Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Knockout Game

Any thoughts?

Where will this lead? Do you think this gets enough attention, given recent, more publicized events such as the Zimmerman trial?

What do you think is going to be the powder keg that blows this thing wide open, if any? 

Is this even worth worrying about?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thugs Picked the Wrong Dad to Target for Shameful ‘Knockout Game’ — He’s a Concealed-Carry Permit Holder, and He Used It

TheBlaze has been covering the frightening uptick in the so-called “knockout game,” in which thugs randomly target people and punch the unsuspecting victims in public for kicks.

Well, it’s taken an interesting turn in Lansing, Mich.

There it’s reportedly called “Point-em-out, Knock-em-out,” according to WILX-TV in Lansing, and the station said one incident didn’t turn out so well…for the attacker.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/...e-used-it/

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I say we just shoot the perpetrators of this when/if it happens. 

Methinks it will stop happening. Quick.  

Quote:Thugs Picked the Wrong Dad to Target for Shameful ‘Knockout Game’ — He’s a Concealed-Carry Permit Holder, and He Used It

TheBlaze has been covering the frightening uptick in the so-called “knockout game,” in which thugs randomly target people and punch the unsuspecting victims in public for kicks.

Well, it’s taken an interesting turn in Lansing, Mich.

There it’s reportedly called “Point-em-out, Knock-em-out,” according to WILX-TV in Lansing, and the station said one incident didn’t turn out so well…for the attacker.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/...e-used-it/

That punk is lucky that wasn't me. He was right, he DID get off lucky. I am a very good center mass shooter, and I wouldn't have stopped at two.

I'm sure the bleeding hearts are going to come out en masse and tell me how bloodthirsty I am. That's ok. I've never done it. I will never do it either unless some slug comes out of nowhere and tries to randomly assault me in a violent fashion.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I also don't like the fact that the media trivializes/ downplays it by continuing to further it as a "game" ....its not a game, call it what it should be called - its potentially attempted murder. 

There was a fight at a HS in our county about 10 years ago. Kid ended up hitting another in the head, perfect spot, and killed him.

So yes, it is definitely attempted murder.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 09:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:There was a fight at a HS in our county about 10 years ago. Kid ended up hitting another in the head, perfect spot, and killed him.

So yes, it is definitely attempted murder.

That was exactly my point. The right punch in the right spot and you could kill someone. That ain't no "game"

Saw on yahoo one of them got shot by some older woman that was packing. Don't know if he lived or died, but simply put it'll stop soon enough when enough of the idiots end up in body bags.

Funny you don't see these "games" in heavily concealed carriers area's......

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

There's a difference between stupidity and ignorance. These kids are stupid and stupidity needs to be punished.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:There's a difference between stupidity and ignorance. These kids are stupid and stupidity needs to be punished.
Stupidity = not knowing

Ignorance = knowing but not caring or acting on such knowledge.

Now, given what you just said, that's a serious problem. Are you really telling us that there are gangs of youth running around freely that have no concept that this is wrong? If that is the case, we, as a society, have a SERIOUS problem on our hands.

Quote:Stupidity = not knowing

Now, given what you just said, that's a serious problem. Are you really telling us that there are gangs of youth running around freely that have no concept that this is wrong? If that is the case, we, as a society, have a SERIOUS problem on our hands.

Damn straight we do..... these kids don't think it's wrong, they think it's funny and harmless

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 09:40 PM by homebiscuit.)

Quote:Saw on yahoo one of them got shot by some older woman that was packing. Don't know if he lived or died, but simply put it'll stop soon enough when enough of the idiots end up in body bags.

Funny you don't see these "games" in heavily concealed carriers area's......

I was thinking the same thing.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 09:48 PM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:Stupidity = not knowing

Ignorance is not knowing.. 

Quote:Damn straight we do..... these kids don't think it's wrong, they think it's funny and harmless
Actually, I was arguing the other side. I wholeheartedly disagree. And here's why:

Ignorance: a word derived from Ignore, which is to know but to not care.

Now, take these kids. They're targeting. This is factual. It is premeditated and in most cases videotaped for upload to sites like Youtube.

Now, let's take someone who is truly suffering from stupidity, IE without knowledge that this is right or wrong. If that were truly the case, there would be no targeting. Parents, siblings, or anyone would be fair game to such a person. And why? because in their mind, they feel that they are not doing wrong.

It's actually a very simple distinction.

There are a lot of intricacies of behavior that many people don't spend enough time looking at. They are actually very  basic, and tell a lot about someone's state of mind. This is just one example. 

I am very good at those intricacies, as a lot of my professional training dealt with them.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 09:52 PM by Dakota.)

Quote: 

<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-weight:lighter;font-size:xx-large;">Ignorance is not knowing.. 

</div>
See my last post.

EDIT: After a quick visit to dictionary.com, you seem to be right per what is listed.

I now have issue with what they coin as ignorance. I spelled out it's origin above, and believe that the definition no longer fits what the word's intended purpose was.

Not trying to weasel out of this one. You're right and I'm wrong. I think that given some thought to the word, I should be right though.

That's all.

Quote:See my last post.
Nice.. Now see this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Quote:Nice.. Now see this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance
Now see my edit. You win. Smile

You shouldn't, but you do. Tongue

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013, 09:56 PM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:Now see my edit. You win. Smile

You shouldn't, but you do. Tongue
It's all good my man Smile

btw.. +1 for admitting it.. not many people do that on here..

Quote:It's all good my man Smile

btw.. +1 for admitting it.. not many people do that on here..
You were right. Per the definition, you win.

In practical terms though, why do they call people like racists ignorant? See where I'm going with this? It's a fluid definition. However, for the purposes of what we're discussing, I will stand by my decision to concede. Smile

Quote:You were right. Per the definition, you win.

In practical terms though, why do they call people like racists ignorant? See where I'm going with this? It's a fluid definition. However, for the purposes of what we're discussing, I will stand by my decision to concede. Smile
Totally understandable..