Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Knockout Game

This thread is getting a little uncomfortable....:whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This thread is getting a little uncomfortable.... :whistling:
I aim to please..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I aim to please..

Well...you sure do have a pretty mouth! :woot:

Quote:Well...you sure do have a pretty mouth! :woot:
I chew lots of Orbitz 

[Image: 2ljlxky.jpg]

Quote:I chew lots of Orbitz 

[Image: 2ljlxky.jpg]

Did it work to clean it up? That's what the commercials says it does!

Quote:Did it work to clean it up? That's what the commercials says it does!
Come give me a kiss and find out 

[Image: 1zwdbtd.jpg]

Quote:This thread is getting a little uncomfortable.... :whistling:

Quote: :woot: You just took it to a whole nother level bra! 

It's because Eric won't take off his bra!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:It's because Eric won't take off his bra!
That's what whisky's for..

Quote:That's what whisky's for..
 psssh whisky, I'm a light weight give me some miller light

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

The media coverage will only add too it not subtract.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

True. Too bad they don't call it what it is, felony assault, upgraded with hate crime status.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote: psssh whisky, I'm a light weight give me some miller light
Roofie Colada?

Quagmire, is that you?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:True. Too bad they don't call it what it is, felony assault, upgraded with hate crime status.
Seems like a double standard, personally. Shame I can't elaborate.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

New York chef suffers broken jaw, nose in likely 'knockout game' attack in Philadelphia

A Manhattan chef who was brutally assaulted on a pre-Thanksgiving trip to Philadelphia may have been the latest victim of the “knockout game,” he told The Daily News Thursday.

Diego Moya, 30, described his Tuesday night attack in online exchanges with The News as his father drove him back to New York to celebrate Thanksgiving at home.

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...z2m4C2GbKc
</div>
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

I saw this just a week or two ago. It's disgusting. The one that really made my blood boil was where the woman was walking down the street, and got completely decked from behind and she just hit the ground like a bag of rocks. It just made me sick. I don't know what you can do about this really. Best option would be to avoid walking alone, and find shorter distance ranges between yourself as Point A and Point B to avoid potential run-ins with random groups/crowds.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I saw this just a week or two ago. It's disgusting. The one that really made my blood boil was where the woman was walking down the street, and got completely decked from behind and she just hit the ground like a bag of rocks. It just made me sick. I don't know what you can do about this really.
Best option would be to avoid walking alone, and find shorter distance ranges between yourself as Point A and Point B to avoid potential run-ins with random groups/crowds.
I'll tell you what I do about it. Same thing as I do about everything else when it comes to my personal safety. I remain highly armed and easily pissed.

Those who don't try to violently assault me have nothing to worry about. If one of those jokers try that with me, they are going to spring a leak. (or a few) Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2013, 05:07 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I'll tell you what I do about it. Same thing as I do about everything else when it comes to my personal safety. I remain highly armed and easily [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Those who don't try to violently assault me have nothing to worry about. If one of those jokers try that with me, they are going to spring a leak. (or a few) Smile

See, you say that, but you have to remember what you're dealing with here. They're cowards. If you watch how they pick their targets, they don't approach them face-to-face, and they don't even hint at what's coming. They let you walk by them, wait a few seconds, and then they load up and throw a wild punch from behind. Now, that's not to say that some of us can't take a punch, gather our thoughts quickly from off the ground or mid-stagger, and pull out a self defense mechanism. But, 9/10, they don't go after hard targets, they go after easy targets. And I agree. It's high time I got myself a permit and start thinking about my own safety as well. And those around me that I love.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I saw this just a week or two ago. It's disgusting. The one that really made my blood boil was where the woman was walking down the street, and got completely decked from behind and she just hit the ground like a bag of rocks. It just made me sick. I don't know what you can do about this really. Best option would be to avoid walking alone, and find shorter distance ranges between yourself as Point A and Point B to avoid potential run-ins with random groups/crowds.

Stay out of the cities, problem solved...........cue my Banjos!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:See, you say that, but you have to remember what you're dealing with here. They're cowards. If you watch how they pick their targets, they don't approach them face-to-face, and they don't even hint at what's coming. They let you walk by them, wait a few seconds, and then they load up and throw a wild punch from behind. Now, that's not to say that some of us can't take a punch, gather our thoughts quickly from off the ground or mid-stagger, and pull out a self defense mechanism. But, 9/10, they don't go after hard targets, they go after easy targets. And I agree. It's high time I got myself a permit and start thinking about my own safety as well. And those around me that I love.
The answer to all of this is actually quite simple. People have taken a very simple problem and tried to dissect it. While doing so, they have complicated it and lost sight of looking at it as a simple problem and answer. Violence is a simple form of predation. It happens every day in the animal kingdom (which we are technically a part of), and nature has shown how it works, and also how to deal with it.

Look no further than the water buffalo of Africa or the poison dart frogs of South America. When a member of the herd of buffalo are violated by predation, they group together and use a show of force to drive away the attacker. The attacker never looks for the leader of the herd, but instead seeks out the weakest member. However, the herd groups together and protects its weakest. One example. Then, there's the dart frogs. They just hang out and look all colorful, and don't really bother anyone. However, if a predator tries to violate them, they secrete one of the most toxic substances that the world knows and simply kills the predator through poisoning. That's why they don't really have predators.

So, what's the lesson in all of this? It's actually simple. Violation and predation is part of the nature of any living being to an extent. The only deterrent to such is an equal show of threat. Not only is it legal and right to use a threat to protect one's self and other members of society, it should be made a mandated part of everyone's life. Instead of looking at post-event remedies, which never work, people should look at what does really work in the natural world. Animals use it every day for survival, and we as people should be no different.

It's really simple. If more people had the means at their disposal to deter violence before it happens, or as it happens, there would be a whole lot less of it. Under the knockout scenario, how many of these punks would actually follow through with it if they truly believed that they would be shot, or beaten down by a mob of normal people protecting each other from violence? I already know the answer.

The show of force, and the display of consequence for unlawful acts is the best deterrent to violence that there is. The animal kingdom already knows this. People think that they're so smart that they can outsmart the system. People have been proven wrong yet again. Nature wins.