Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Greg Jones Article (by Ganguli Ironically)

MJD:

Quote:"It’s nice to finally to get an opportunity to go against him," Jones-Drew said. "I told him I wish him the least amount of luck as possible. I hope he stays healthy and has a horrible game."

Jones:  

Quote:"It’s been a little difficult for me, but it’s football," Jones said. "Sometimes things work out one year and sometimes they don’t. I’ve been in that situation and obviously I’m in it again. Next year might be different here if I’m here, if I’m not. You never know. But hopefully we can get it turned around these next six weeks." 

article :    http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/p...greg-jones

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol poor greg took less money to play for a "contender", jokes on him I guess. Dont blame him for leaving though. 

we miss you greg!

-mjd and the running game

If that's true about him taking less money, that's a real bummer.  I always liked Greg.  He served the Jaguars very, very well and I was hoping he'd get a shot at true success in the tail end of his career.

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

During the Saints-Falcons game,  it was mentioned by the announcers that Steven Jackson has never been on a team with a winning record in his 10 NFL seasons.  As difficult the recent seasons have been for Greg Jones,  at least he had the good fortunate on being on 3 Jaguars teams with winning records.   I can't even imagine what must be going through Steven Jackson's mind with the current situation the Falcons are going through,  coupled with what occurred with the St. Louis Rams the previous 9 seasons.  Off the top of my head,  I can't think of any other NFL RB who ran for over 10,000 yards in his career but never played on a team with a winning record.  

did Detroit ever have a winning record with barry sanders 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:During the Saints-Falcons game, it was mentioned by the announcers that Steven Jackson has never been on a team with a winning record in his 10 NFL seasons. As difficult the recent seasons have been for Greg Jones, at least he had the good fortunate on being on 3 Jaguars teams with winning records. I can't even imagine what must be going through Steven Jackson's mind with the current situation the Falcons are going through, coupled with what occurred with the St. Louis Rams the previous 9 seasons. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other NFL RB who ran for over 10,000 yards in his career but never played on a team with a winning record.

He cries all the way to the bank.

Quote:did Detroit ever have a winning record with barry sanders 

They went to playoff games with barry sanders at rb including the nfc championship game vs the redskin in 1991.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:He cries all the way to the bank.

Granted Steven Jackson continues to make plenty of money as an NFL player.   It's a legit point that shouldn't be overlooked.   And Jackson even did have the opportunity to play in a couple of playoff games as a rookie with an 8-8 St. Louis Rams team.  

Yet,  when considering that Jackson probably has had a career that's only less than a full level from having a HOF caliber career,   it's almost hard to believe that he's never been on even one team with a winning record.   

If Jackson invested his money soundly,  he should be in good financial shape for life providing the economy doesn't totally tank.  But for all of the injuries and sweat that Jackson has accumulated over the years as a true competitor,   there almost has to be substantial emptiness for him.