Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** OFFICIAL Thanksgiving Day thread ***

Alrighty folks, Thanksgiving is right around the corner (Nov 28th) and its that time again to be looking forward to who's food you will eat from and who's food you will NOT eat.

The kids, wifey and I are going to be spending the holiday with my family in New York. The only way she would go is if we cook TG for the family up there I resisted but I caved in. Ok question for the board, should I be offended by her suggestion???

We are cooking.....

Deep Fried Cajun Turkey. (Wife)

Honey Ham (Wife)

Dressing (Me)

Macaroni Cheese (Me)

Broccoli Casserole (Me)

Collard Greens (Wife)

Ox Tails (Me and Wife)

Regular and Blueberry Cornbread (Wife)

Canned Yams (Me)

Red Velvet Cake (Me) 

Chitlings...Chitterlings (Wife)

Feel free to post that you are cooking.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

what possible bad word did you use in the thread title?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:what possible bad word did you use in the thread title?

I have no idea.

I guess someone is offended by food.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I have no idea.

I guess someone is offended by food.
Laughing I kept going through it in my head, I was like what did he possibly say? Then I thought maybe it was like the guy on Breaking Bad he ended everything with that female dog name

Quote: Laughing I kept going through it in my head, I was like what did he possibly say? Then I thought maybe it was like the guy on Breaking Bad he ended everything with that female dog name

Classic.

Canned yams? You're really shouldering the burden JFC. Laughing

Quote:Canned yams? You're really shouldering the burden JFC. Laughing

Yep, throw 4-6 cans of yams in a 8x10 pan, 1/2 tube of butter, 1 bag of brown sugar, some brown spice, bake in the oven for about 25-40 minutes and im good.

Im tired already just thinking about what I have to do with the yams.

Quote:Yep, throw 4-6 cans of yams in a 8x10 pan, 1/2 tube of butter, 1 bag of brown sugar, some brown spice, bake in the oven for about 25-40 minutes and im good.

Im tired already just thinking about what I have to do with the yams.

Sounds exhausting!

What is brown spice?

On subject I do the Turkey at my house, my Father-In-law does the second Turkey and brings it over (we have 34 adults between the three families that come), My wife does 20 lbs of home made Mash Potatoes, and I do about 10 lbs of corn (canned the easy stuff). 

we sub everything else out the yams, rolls, green beans, and whatever the other families bring.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 02:22 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I do all the cooking at our place.  My wife's family comes in (my wife can't cook.  I'm going to have to teach our daughters how to, because I don't want them to end up not being able to) every year.  Her little brother and his fiancee, her older sister and her daugher, her dad, and step mother, their kids, and maybe her mother depending on if she takes off work or not (she probably won't)

I make:

Turkey

Pumpkin Pie (4 of them)

Yams

Macaroni and Cheese

Mashed Potatoes + Gravy

Cranberry Salad

Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Bread

Pumpkin Bread

Amish Bread

Carrots (fresh)

Corn on the Cob (fresh)

Broccoli (fresh)

Peas (Fresh)

My wife's brother's girlfriend's brother's wife is a professional baker, and usually brings over some Apple Pie that is out of this world amazing.  She even makes her own crusts.  I'm looking forward to that, because I love Apple Pie, and it's the one thing I don't have to cook. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 02:19 PM by TravC59.)

Ol' broccoli casserole has become a staple at the T-Day Table hasn't it? I don't remember growing up with it as a must on the table like it has seemed to become.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013, 02:20 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:Alrighty folks, Thanksgiving is right around the corner (Nov 28th) and its that time again to be looking forward to who's food you will eat from and who's food you will NOT eat.

The kids, wifey and I are going to be spending the holiday with my family in New York. The only way she would go is if we cook TG for the family up there I resisted but I caved in. Ok question for the board, should I be offended by her suggestion???

We are cooking.....

Deep Fried Cajun Turkey. (Wife)

Honey Ham (Wife)

Dressing (Me)

Macaroni Cheese (Me)

Broccoli Casserole (Me)

Collard Greens (Wife)

Ox Tails (Me and Wife)

Regular and Blueberry Cornbread (Wife)

Canned Yams (Me)

Red Velvet Cake (Me) 

Chitlings...Chitterlings (Wife)

Feel free to post that you are cooking.
No Gravy?

Blueberry cornbread sounds marvelous.

;

Quote:what possible bad word did you use in the thread title?
4 asterisks in a row

Quote:4 asterisks in a row

got it, so it filters out when it looks like someone is trying to cover up a no no.

Quote:No Gravy?

Blueberry cornbread sounds marvelous.
Gravy?

[Image: Ed_Gravy_by_Ret23ol.png]

Quote:Gravy?

[Image: Ed_Gravy_by_Ret23ol.png]
It's a must for turkey.

;

Quote:I do all the cooking at our place.  My wife's family comes in (my wife can't cook.  I'm going to have to teach our daughters how to, because I don't want them to end up not being able to) every year.  Her little brother and his fiancee, her older sister and her daugher, her dad, and step mother, their kids, and maybe her mother depending on if she takes off work or not (she probably won't)

I make:

Turkey

Pumpkin Pie (4 of them)

Yams

Macaroni and Cheese

Mashed Potatoes + Gravy

Cranberry Salad

Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Bread

Pumpkin Bread

Amish Bread

Carrots (fresh)

Corn on the Cob (fresh)

Broccoli (fresh)

Peas (Fresh)

My wife's brother's girlfriend's brother's wife is a professional baker, and usually brings over some Apple Pie that is out of this world amazing.  She even makes her own crusts.  I'm looking forward to that, because I love Apple Pie, and it's the one thing I don't have to cook.

No wonder your wife doesn't learn how to cook when you can make all that stuff!! I'd "forget" how to cook too! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I do the vast majority of the cooking at my house too, but T-Day we venture out.

;

Quote:No wonder your wife doesn't learn how to cook when you can make all that stuff!! I'd "forget" how to cook too! :thumbsup:

Amish Friendship Bread is about the only really hard one on that list.  Thankfully I've already got some made.  There's just so much work that has to be done, and you have to have a starter kit.  But it's about the most delicious thing I've ever had the pleasure of eating.  Anyone that is patient should give it a try.  

I've tried teaching my wife to cook. She's okay as long as I'm helping her.  But if I turn away for too long she either forgets an ingredient, or burns it.  So I do most of the cooking (and I do quite a bit.  I cook breakfast for us and our three kids, and I make something for her for lunch, and then cook dinner).  

The only thing I usually have trouble with is separating the egg yolks from the whites for the pumpkin pie.  But we bought an egg white separator last year, so that's no longer a problem   :thumbsup:

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Amish Friendship Bread is about the only really hard one on that list.  Thankfully I've already got some made.  There's just so much work that has to be done, and you have to have a starter kit.  But it's about the most delicious thing I've ever had the pleasure of eating.  Anyone that is patient should give it a try.  

I've tried teaching my wife to cook. She's okay as long as I'm helping her.  But if I turn away for too long she either forgets an ingredient, or burns it.  So I do most of the cooking (and I do quite a bit.  I cook breakfast for us and our three kids, and I make something for her for lunch, and then cook dinner).  

The only thing I usually have trouble with is separating the egg yolks from the whites for the pumpkin pie.  But we bought an egg white separator last year, so that's no longer a problem   :thumbsup:

My wife would love you  Laughing