Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** OFFICIAL Thanksgiving Day thread ***

Quote:Macaroni > Mashed Potatoes   :yes:

Blasphemy!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Blasphemy!!!
Completely agree!

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Macaroni and Cheese is absolutely delicious.  Especially if baked with Saltine Crackers.  Macaroni Casserole I think it's called (I was never clear on the name of it  We always just called it Macaroni and Cheese).

But Mashed Potatoes are Mashed Potatoes.  It's the potatoes of the meat and potatoes.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

TMD gets it, in fact it's not even a matter of opinion, its scientific fact that macaroni is better.  Kinda like how pecan pie > any other pie not named blueberry    

I can't live without potatoes

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:TMD gets it, in fact it's not even a matter of opinion, its scientific fact that macaroni is better.  Kinda like how pecan pie > any other pie not named blueberry

The fact that you just used "TMD gets it" in a sentence just totally shot whatever credibility you were going for here! :thumbsup:

Just kidding TMD!! :woot:

Quote:The fact that you just used "TMD gets it" in a sentence just totally shot whatever credibility you were going for here! :thumbsup:

I lol'd 

Quote:The fact that you just used "TMD gets it" in a sentence just totally shot whatever credibility you were going for here! :thumbsup:

:verymad:  :angry:  -_- 

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013, 03:34 PM by Deacon.)

Fried a turkey last night for the office's Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch. The bird came out really well. I'm using that as a dry run for when I fry one next Thursday. Love me some fried Tom the Turkey!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote::verymad:  :angry:  -_-

Don't be mad!! Love

Quote:Fried a turkey last night for the office's Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch. Man, came out really well. I'm using that as a dry run for when I fry one next Thursday. Love me some fried Tom the Turkey!

it's to late for me to do it this year, but I think next year I'm going to try to fry the turkey

Quote:it's to late for me to do it this year, but I think next year I'm going to try to fry the turkey

You've got a whole week.... Big Grin

Quote:it's to late for me to do it this year, but I think next year I'm going to try to fry the turkey

Do it brother. You won't regret it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You've got a whole week.... Big Grin

I don't have the fryer big enough for it, and I'm not sure if I want to experiment on a new way to cook the turkey with 34 adults coming in a week.

Quote:I don't have the fryer big enough for it, and I'm not sure if I want to experiment on a new way to cook the turkey with 34 adults coming in a week.

Two smaller turkeys = a larger turkey...plus more legs to go around!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Two smaller turkeys = a larger turkey...plus more legs to go around!! :thumbsup:

I already got my 26lber for the year, maybe for Christmas!

Christmas is great for Turkey.  Especially since you can't have Turkey on New Years (well you can... but it's against superstition).  

35 people though?  HO-LY Cow.  We usually get a 20 lber for... 16 people.  7 of which happen to be under 12.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Fried a turkey last night for the office's Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch. The bird came out really well. I'm using that as a dry run for when I fry one next Thursday. Love me some fried Tom the Turkey!

We fried two turkeys on Sunday for our 'Thanksgiving' tailgate.  Everybody brings a side or dessert so we had quite the assortment of goodies.  Fried turkey, corn pudding, mashed taters, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, some sort of potato casserole with corn flakes on top. corn bread, cranberry sauce, pecan pie, pumpkin pie...and I'm sure I'm leaving out several things.  Holy moly...my mouth is watering thinking about it again.  I felt like I was waddling into the game.  I made a plate for Mrs. C and brought home.  She scarfed it down in a matter of minutes.  Scored me big brownie points.   :thumbsup:

Speaking of tailgating.  Not to get real sentimental or mushy or anything.  I'm going to be away for our 12/22 'Christmas' game where we do pretty much the same feast, only with a slab of prime rib.  The rest of the group took a vote and decided to do the meal on 12/15 because it wouldn't be right without 'Rico'.

I was touched because they did it on their own, and told me afterwards.  Thanks guys!  I know some of you are out there.  Meant a lot to me. 

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I often get fried on Thanksgiving, but I think my version is a much different experience than that of a turkey's.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Wow. 4 pages in only a day? Is this the next "Let's Talk about Anything" thread?