Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** OFFICIAL Thanksgiving Day thread ***

Any discussion, if left to follow an undirected course, will soon touch on food and/or sex. This one started out with food; it's a guaranteed post magnet!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Any discussion, if left to follow an undirected course, will soon touch on food and/or sex. This one started out with food; it's a guaranteed post magnet!

If you've read Portnoy's Complaint, you can discuss one part of it in particular and cover both food and sex at the same time.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Made homemade pickled beets on Monday.  Going to open a can of it tonight to see how they are after a little bit of pickling.

Come next Thursday they are going to be amazing!

Quote:Another one?? 

Bro....thats a huge strike. 

I'd never date a woman let alone marry one that couldn't cook. 

Maybe thats why you're still single?

I do most of the cooking at my house.  If I want it to be relatively healthy and taste good, I do it.

My turkey wont fit in the microwave help plz. 

Quote:My turkey wont fit in the microwave help plz.

Buy a bigger microwave! You're welcome!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Buy a Turkey Roaster.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

You're welcome.

[Image: 300309VHM_Hephaistos_100_100_RGB.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I always fried my turkeys in oil until I got one of those oil-less "fryers" (it's just a propane powered convection oven). It was my first time using it and it didn't turn out quite as good as an oil-fried turkey, but not bad. I'll do better this year, and again without the expense and cleanup of all that oil.

Hint: The secret to good fried turkey and a happy love life is the rub and injection. The turkey doesn't need to be done in that order, however.

Well I'll get to try fried turkey this thanksgiving after all. My Father-In-Law who's bringing the 2nd turkey is going to deep fry his this year. I'm looking forward to his turkey more then my turkey now!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I always fried my turkeys in oil until I got one of those oil-less "fryers" (it's just a propane powered convection oven). It was my first time using it and it didn't turn out quite as good as an oil-fried turkey, but not bad. I'll do better this year, and again without the expense and cleanup of all that oil.

Hint: The secret to good fried turkey and a happy love life is the rub and injection. The turkey doesn't need to be done in that order, however.

I personally love the injection part. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Well I'll get to try fried turkey this thanksgiving after all. My Father-In-Law who's bringing the 2nd turkey is going to deep fry his this year. I'm looking forward to his turkey more then my turkey now!

If at all possible, be there when he pulls the bird out of the fryer. Wait just a few minutes, then get you a scrap of the skin. Dericious.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!