Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Offensive Line

We are in agreement that the OL needs to play better. The pass blocking has been decent - but

they arent opening up holes for MJD. Defenses, like Arizona, played 7-8 guys on line to stop run -

just saying "Chad you beat us"...Everyone on OL had a penalty except Brewster. Why not just keep him

in there or give him some time at Center. Do we really want want slow, injury prone Rackley in there?

When Brewster pulled to the right side - only a few plays - some yardage was gained. Seems to me Brewster is

quicker and faster on his feet than Rackley.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Brewster is the lesser of two evils at LG or C - it is by a very small margin.  He just isn't good unfortunately.  I feel pretty certain, like many here, that we'll have new faces at LG and C next season and Brewster isn't likely to be one of them. 

Could he play slightly better than Rackley or Meester the rest of the way?  Maybe.  Hard to tell from that Arizona game.  He certainly didn't help the run-blocking improve - we can be certain of that. 

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 03:12 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:We are in agreement that the OL needs to play better. The pass blocking has been decent - but

they arent opening up holes for MJD. Defenses, like Arizona, played 7-8 guys on line to stop run -

just saying "Chad you beat us"...Everyone on OL had a penalty except Brewster. Why not just keep him

in there or give him some time at Center. Do we really want want slow, injury prone Rackley in there?

When Brewster pulled to the right side - only a few plays - some yardage was gained. Seems to me Brewster is

quicker and faster on his feet than Rackley.

There is a realistic chance the Jaguars will 4 new starters on the offensive line next year, the only linemen that is worth keeping is AP, and it's because he's been solid in pass protection, I can see us spending money on  C and LG in FA, and drafting a RG in RT later in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 06:29 PM by ATLjag.)

Unfortunately, Brewster does not have the playing strength for either starting NFL center or guard.  He is, at best, a mediocre backup quality player with versatility on the inside.

Interior linemen can be found in free agency and the draft.  I foresee a center, 2 guards, and possibly an OT being picked up.  You can't bring in a rookie QB and not give him a line for protection or the chance of a balanced attack. 

Brewster is being groomed to replace Meester. He has been taking many camp snaps at this position throughout this season. He's gotten considerably stronger this season as well. We may acquire a guard in FA but I don't feel that we'll acquire several O-linemen. The key to success for the OL is unity. I feel that we're set at the tackle positions as well.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:There is a realistic chance the Jaguars will 4 new starters on the offensive line next year, the only linemen that is worth keeping is AP, and it's because he's been solid in pass protection, I can see us spending money on  C and LG in FA, and drafting a RG in RT later in the draft.

You dispelled Joeckel...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:There is a realistic chance the Jaguars will 4 new starters on the offensive line next year, the only linemen that is worth keeping is AP, and it's because he's been solid in pass protection, I can see us spending money on  C and LG in FA, and drafting a RG in RT later in the draft.

I'm still liking what I see out of Nwaneri. He can use a little more power in the run game, but he usually holds his own in pass protection. The right side of the Jaguars OL is solid this year.

'02

You dispelled Joeckel...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:You dispelled Joeckel...

NH3...
you didnt know? we are gonna trade him for multiple picks after we draft matthews  :teehee:  :woot:

Quote:you didnt know? we are gonna trade him for multiple picks after we draft matthews  :teehee:  :woot:

This is a TMD-esque post. 

Quote:This is a TMD-esque post. 
difference is i was being sarcastic but tmd would be dead serious.

Quote:Brewster is being groomed to replace Meester. He has been taking many camp snaps at this position throughout this season. He's gotten considerably stronger this season as well. We may acquire a guard in FA but I don't feel that we'll acquire several O-linemen. The key to success for the OL is unity. I feel that we're set at the tackle positions as well.

NH3...
In today's Ozone, a question was asked if he feels the center of the future, Meester's replacement, is on the roster.  He answered, "probably not".

Brewster is a nice guy and I root for him.  However, he's not starting NFL caliber, and not the future.  'Being today's backup' and 'being groomed to replace Meester' are two separate descriptions.  He's todays backup, not the replacement, in my opinion. 

Brewster is not being groomed for anything. Dude is terrible.

Joekel, Nwaneri, Pasztor and Bradfield Are the only linemen I could possibly see making the roster next year. I think Bradfield has done better than you could expect considering he was a third stringer a week before he was thrown into the starting LT role. Should make a solid backup going forward.