Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Citizens of Jacksonville want Tebow?

Anyone read the clip in the paper in the sports section? " Mr. Khan, sign Tim Tebow and we will fill the stadium" signed, Citizens of Jacksonville.

How can some schmuck sign for everyone? At least someone cleverly responded in today's paper saying if that was the case, he was " denouncing his citizenship"

I guess anyone can put what they want in the paper and sign everyone's name to it. But dammit, when will it end.

The titans just signed John friggin Skeleton. What's that say about Boy Wonder?

My apologies about rehashing a TT subject. The ad in the paper just made me look for a bird cage sooner.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can speak, and will sign for the vast majority of Jacksonville.

No We Don't

I am a Gator, but Tebow is not the answer at QB.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I can speak, and will sign for the vast majority of Jacksonville.

No We Don't

I am a Gator, but Tebow is not the answer at QB.

I dont think anyone is saying he is the answer.  But hey why not give him a shot for a few weeks.  He cant be any worse.

Manziel 2014!

Quote:Anyone read the clip in the paper in the sports section? " Mr. Khan, sign Tim Tebow and we will fill the stadium" signed, Citizens of Jacksonville.

How can some schmuck sign for everyone? At least someone cleverly responded in today's paper saying if that was the case, he was " denouncing his citizenship"

I guess anyone can put what they want in the paper and sign everyone's name to it. But dammit, when will it end.

The titans just signed John friggin Skeleton. What's that say about Boy Wonder?

My apologies about rehashing a TT subject. The ad in the paper just made me look for a bird cage sooner.

The guy should go ahead and write up a contract that legally binds him to buy all the unpurchased tickets in the stadium into perpetuity if Tebow is signed.

You know, since he is guaranteeing sell-outs.

Quote:I dont think anyone is saying he is the answer.  But hey why not give him a shot for a few weeks.  He cant be any worse.

Sorry. That ship has sailed.

Quote:Sorry. That ship has sailed.

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">I dont care either way honestly. Its obvious we are going to live and die on Teddy Bridgewater. I just think its ridiculous to say Tebow couldn’t do a better job than the guys we have now.  Blaine Gabbert couldn’t be the starting QB for a high school team the way he has played.
</span>

Manziel 2014!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/999795...wspaper-ad
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">I dont care either way honestly. Its obvious we are going to live and die on Teddy Bridgewater. I just think its ridiculous to say Tebow couldn’t do a better job than the guys we have now.  Blaine Gabbert couldn’t be the starting QB for a high school team the way he has played.
</span>

He didn't do better while he was on a much better team. The season where the Broncos won a playoff game despite him he completed just 46.5% of his passes, threw for less than 2,000 yards, had just two games with more than 50% completion percentage. Henne has completed 61.1% of his passes, and has already thrown for more yards than Tebow did in his best season, and has just one game with sub 50% completion percentage.

Tebow would be worse.

Quote:He didn't do better while he was on a much better team. The season where the Broncos won a playoff game despite him he completed just 46.5% of his passes, threw for less than 2,000 yards, had just two games with more than 50% completion percentage. Henne has completed 61.1% of his passes, and has already thrown for more yards than Tebow did in his best season, and has just one game with sub 50% completion percentage.

Tebow would be worse.

/thread

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Seems like false advertising to say "Citizens of Jacksonville".  I mean.. who's this guy to speak for all the citizens of Jacksonville?  

I do like the idea however of legally binding him to buy all tickets if Tebow is signed.  Then we could sign Tebow, and bench him and sell out all remaining home games.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I dont think anyone is saying he is the answer.  But hey why not give him a shot for a few weeks.  He cant be any worse.

Why do the Jaguars need to give him a shot?  Buffalo played Thad Lewis, Tennessee just signed John Skelton, Oakland is playing who? 

There are multiple teams in the NFL that needs a qb, why dont you nuts go bang on someone else's door?

Quote:Seems like false advertising to say "Citizens of Jacksonville".  I mean.. who's this guy to speak for all the citizens of Jacksonville?  

I do like the idea however of legally binding him to buy all tickets if Tebow is signed.  Then we could sign Tebow, and bench him and sell out all remaining home games.

Yes, because all the Tebow nuts would fill the stadium to watch him hold a clip board.  Even if they signed him, next it would be just let him play, he's a winner!!!

Honestly, the vast majority of people who want him signed seem to be females and most of them dont watch football or know a thing about it.  They just know he's a good looking guy who went to UF and is from Jacksonville.  Other than that, they dont know if he can really play qb or not.  I always hear he beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs!  No he didnt, look at his stats and then tell me who won that game for Denver.

This should tell you how trash he is.

Quote:Sorry. That ship has sailed sank.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

http://youtu.be/zMK9FKMG3Nc
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote: He cant be any worse.
People keep saying this.   It's not true.  He absolutely can be worse than Henne and he probably would be. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...n-pats-win

That's irresponsible to even publish it!

Gene's Myth

Quote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/999795...wspaper-ad

@ Dewey Arnette
[Image: Smh2.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

You seen him play in the NFL right?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

[Image: xo080m.jpg]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]