Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An area of need greater than QB

The offensive line.  Just terrible against the run and the pass.  This team is averaging a little over 2 yards a carry for the whole season.  I don't care how good your QB is, this is going to make us lose many more games.  You got to have balance and you got to be able to run the ball in the redzone.

Looking at the game again, this offensive line maybe the worse one in franchise history.  0 running lanes and very little pass protection.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We need both and badly. No way around it.

Do you guys actually believe this. If you have no quarterback, there is not a greater need in sports.

Quote:Do you guys actually believe this. If you have no quarterback, there is not a greater need in sports.
Tell me what good is a QB with a line who cant protect him by either running the ball or pass protection.

It's easy to kill a rookie Qb's confidence and get him hurt with a line who can't protect him

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 05:06 PM by haveaseat.)

No.

Joeckel will be back.

Pasztor is solid.

Uche is serviceable.

Brad and Rackley should be replaced.

The fact that Henne can't move around in the pocket is a problem.

A good o-line is important, no doubt. 

But if you're saying it's a greater need than a QB, are you advocating spending the first-round draft pick on a lineman rather than a QB?

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Tell me what good is a QB with a line who cant protect him by either running the ball or pass protection.

It's easy to kill a rookie Qb's confidence and get him hurt with a line who can't protect him

If a few hits can "kill a rookie Qb's confidence", he probably isn't the answer.

Quote:A good o-line is important, no doubt. 

But if you're saying it's a greater need than a QB, are you advocating spending the first-round draft pick on a lineman rather than a QB?
I am saying that if there is no immediate plan to improve this offensive line then no we should not draft a QB first overall.

The line can be improved through the draft and through FA. 

I am saying that NO QB can play well under these circumstances.  We need atleast 3 new starting offensive linemen.  If thats not in the immediate future then no we should not draft a QB.

It would be putting him in a position of failure.

Quote:If a few hits can "kill a rookie Qb's confidence", he probably isn't the answer.
A few hits?  All it takes is for one good shot to cause a concussion or any other injury. 

It doesn't matter, our QB will be taken 1st overall and our line will be adressed in FA/later in the draft. 

Still got the draft and FA. 

QB is the greatest need on this team, the OL with backups at both tackle spots and the interior being shaky at best only gave up 2 sacks on 42 attempts yesterday.

We can sign an offensive lineman or two in FA and draft one and still draft a QB with the first round pick.

greater than QB?    lolwut? 

The line is horrible and needs help desperately  - but nothing trumps the QB in the NFL.  Now more than ever.   

Quote:Do you guys actually believe this. If you have no quarterback, there is not a greater need in sports.
Who would you like to see at the QB position, Shack? Give me a name.

Quote:The offensive line.  Just terrible against the run and the pass.  This team is averaging a little over 2 yards a carry for the whole season.  I don't care how good your QB is, this is going to make us lose many more games.  You got to have balance and you got to be able to run the ball in the redzone.

Looking at the game again, this offensive line maybe the worse one in franchise history.  0 running lanes and very little pass protection.
There are also 0 running lanes because the defense is playing the run, knowing we can't pass down field.  I agree the O-line needs some work, but a simple change at the QB position from these two losers would make a world of difference.

Quote:A few hits?  All it takes is for one good shot to cause a concussion or any other injury. 

What QB never gets hit?

Quote:What QB never gets hit?

And when did Henne get a concussion from getting hit behind our o-line?

Also, indys o-line is worse than ours but their qb makes them look better. A qb with pocket awareness make the o-line look way better.

Qb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>pass rusher >>>>>>>>>>>>OL

Quote:Who would you like to see at the QB position, Shack? Give me a name.

Relevance?

[spoiler]The relevance you seek is in his screen name. [/spoiler]

Quote:Relevance?

Definitely need upgrades from Meester and Rackley. I think they roll with Uche for another year, then maybe look for his replacement in 2015. Also need to sign a decent veteran RT incase Paztor regresses.

this is my concern if/when we draft teddy, he has a slim frame, he can take hits but our division has great pass rushers and he might not survive with the current state of the oline being joeckel, still unproven, is the best one. hopefully he doesnt get the david carr syndrome.