Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I hate to be this guy again but....

Can you guys at least agree that he is PROBABLY  much better than Gabbert and Henne?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The difference is that Stanzi has actually been in the National Football League, yet has the same stats as a guy who has not.
And both of them have had the same number of chances to prove themselves.

I can't tell if this is serious. Hopefully not or you need help.

;

;

i think stanzi may get a chance week 17 if we have the #1 pick locked up going in to that week. you probably won't see him before then. gus and company know this year is all about seeing what guys can stick around, but not at the expense of possibly missing out on tetty bridwata.

Quote:Can you guys at least agree that he is PROBABLY  much better than Gabbert and Henne?

I have seen nothing to indicate he is.  In fact, evidence would suggest otherwise since the coaches have seen him play in practice and spent time evaluating him and he's still carrying a clipboard.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Miami

Ohio State

USC

Texas

Oklahoma

FSU

Georgia

Penn State

Michigan

LSU

Nebraska

Florida

Wisconsin

Notre Dame

Tennessee

?

What do you have against Alabama???

Just for fun, I'll add in UNC, Auburn, Clemson, and...

Iowa State. Tongue

Quote:Those are Teddy Bridgewater's NFL stats as well. He must be trash too, then.

It's like you guys like that we're an embarrassment or something.

One of them is a highly touted prospect who could be the first pick in the draft.

The other is a guy who can't beat Henne our Gabbert out for playing time.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Ricky Stanzi. Ricky Stanzi. Ricky Stanzi. He's the best QB on the roster and it's not close. As Shorts said today, I can't hold my tongue anymore....even though I haven't been holding my tongue at all about it all season.

I was impressed that we managed a passing touchdown today though.

The WRs are actually good on this team for once they should not be the reason of blame.  The Oline was great at the start of the season then tanked when they traded away Monroe.  The Oline is below average but holding up enough to give Henne chances. 

Dont get me wrong Chad Henne is better than Blaine Gabbert, but he's still at best only a good back up QB for emergencies.  He is bottom of the league in QB starters.

Quite honestly, I don't see why we wouldn't play Stanzi at this point in time.  There is no risk.  Our offense did not score in the final 52 minutes of the game.

Quote:Quite honestly, I don't see why we wouldn't play Stanzi at this point in time.  There is no risk.  Our offense did not score in the final 52 minutes of the game.

For the second year in a row, Stanzi is the third stringer on the worst team in the league and he isn't playing. Maybe that should tell us something.

Quote:Here are Stanzi's NFL stats.

Scintillating.

I'm seeing no interceptions, no fumbles, no sacks. He has never failed to step up into the pocket. He has never shown weakness or lack of resolve. Fewer incompletions than any other QB on our roster. Hasn't failed to convert on third and long ever in his career.

Hall of Fame quality right there.

Quote:Can you guys at least agree that he is PROBABLY  much better than Gabbert and Henne?

No. Absolutely not.  The only evidence we have  is the fact that  the coaching staff prefer Gabbert and Henne over Stanzi.   We haven't seen Stanzi play.   They have.   That's all we have to go on- the guys we hired to make these decisions.  

Quote:Quite honestly, I don't see why we wouldn't play Stanzi at this point in time.  There is no risk.  Our offense did not score in the final 52 minutes of the game.

There's a bunch of players we could play.   We could play the entire bottom of the roster.   What is stopping us from doing that  is, the coaching staff is actually trying to win some games.  

Quote:No. Absolutely not.  The only evidence we have  is the fact that  the coaching staff prefer Gabbert and Henne over Stanzi.   We haven't seen Stanzi play.   They have.   That's all we have to go on- the guys we hired to make these decisions.  

Just like the Chiefs last year.

The last two years, Ricky Stanzi's teams have gone 3-23. They have 13 TD passes today in 26 games. He's been behind Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert. Matt Cassell, Brady Quinn and is still not getting playing time.

Let that all marinate for a minute.

Quote:For the second year in a row, Stanzi is the third stringer on the worst team in the league and he isn't playing. Maybe that should tell us something.

I agree if Gus say something in Ricky that stood out to him at this point he wouldve been in the game.  I have to assume that Stanzi is worse than Chad Henne at least in practice or he wouldve started him after all these weeks of lack luster performance from Chad.  We all know why Blaine hasnt started, and Denard Robinson appears to be all hype in every position so far.

I don't get why most people aren't on board. We know what Henne is at this point, and we aren't going to win with him. Point blank, period. Why not see what we have in some of our younger players at various positions, QB included? Stanzi/Matt Scott could come in and perhaps be our QB of the future (unlikely, not impossible) or prove to be a solid back-up. 

What reason is there not to? The season is lost and we are 1-9. Our offense has been pathetic for more reasons than just the QB. At the same time, we've seen about 1000 screens, batted balls, check downs, and stupid sacks. QB hasn't been THE problem, but it's certainly a part of it. 

For the record, I don't feel the whole "well if the coaches won't play him then he sucks" idea makes any sense. Why in the world would I want to replicate a 7-9, 2-14, or a 1-9 season? I like Gus, I want him to succeed, and I like some of the things he's been doing. However, he's still unproven. So right now, I don't trust his eye on talent until results start to show in the win column (next season, hopefully!).

I wouldn't mind seeing Matt Scott maybe get some chances at some point later in the year. Stanzi? Don't even know why he's still on the roster.

;

;

Stanzie is that you? Be for real too

Quote: I agree if Gus say something in Ricky that stood out to him at this point he wouldve been in the game. I have to assume that Stanzi is worse than Chad Henne at least in practice or he wouldve started him after all these weeks of lack luster performance from Chad. We all know why Blaine hasnt started, and Denard Robinson appears to be all hype in every position so far.

Well TBH it took almost half the season for Gus to bench Gabbert. Its entirely possible it may take another quarter of the season for him to bench Henne.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I really don't care who they start anymore. 

That doubled headed monster of suck between Gabbert/Henne is tough to watch.