Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I hate to be this guy again but....

Quote:Why not see what we have in some of our younger players at various positions, QB included?

Because the fans don't coach the team.   The coaches coach the team, and the coaches have apparently seen enough of Stanzi (and all the other players) to see what we have in him.  

Apparently you want to see for yourself, but the coaches are under no obligation to show you what they have already seen.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can you guys at least agree that he is PROBABLY  much better than Gabbert and Henne?

What makes you think so? Unless he's going to bring his own offensive line and a few receivers he'd just end up embarrassing himself.

Then what could you complain about.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Other than a handful of veterans (MJD, Lewis, Meester, Mincey, Babin, Poz) all they are doing is seeing what we have with younger players. Yesterday we saw extensive action from guys like Ace Sanders, Clay Harbor, Mike Brewster, Austin Pasztor, John Lotuilele (sp?), Evans, Winston Guy.

;

;

It always amazes me how the 2nd, 3rd, practice squad QBs are always fan favorites.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:It always amazes me how the 2nd, 3rd, practice squad QBs are always fan favorites.

Other than this Stanzistan, I don't think many people are calling for Captain America.

;

;

Quote:And both of them have had the same number of chances to prove themselves.

Wrong. Stanzi has had two years of practice and parts of training camps to prove his worth, and has failed to do so.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Other than this Stanzistan, I don't think many people are calling for Captain America.

There is zero clamor for any backup QB currently on the roster from the fans. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 03:32 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I would bring up the fact that Stanzi played in an NFL type system at one of the best probably 3 or 4 colleges at producing NFL talent, but I'll admit that Henne's college wasn't bad at that either.

Prove it. You're either sadly misinformed or outright lying.

The 15 year time span you cite is difficult to pin down, but this NFL site lists the top 25 colleges from 1992 to 2011, and Iowa doesn't make the list. Number 25 is Miami...of Ohio. These are draftees, so unless Iowa had an inordinate number of undrafted free agents in the last 15 years, your contention doesn't hold water.

This site lists the top 10 of all time. Again, no Iowa.

This site lists the top 10 in the last 20 years. They are:

USC, Texas, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Penn State.

I don't know how that lists reads through Stanzi-colored glasses, but I don't see Iowa in there anywhere.

So here's your chance. Present your case. Either put up, or shut up.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

While the Iowa trolling is funny, at some point its worth putting Stanzi and/or Scott out there just because Ghennie sucks so hard. I mean, whats the worse that can happen, our offense gets worse? Oh noez!

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

None of the QBs on our roster are going to take you to where you want to go with this Roster If the Jags have the 1st pick it should be traded for more picks we need OL,DE,RB,WR,TE,LB,S,DB,  Gus has us on a plan he just needs some tools .  Teddy Bridgewater is another guy playing at a joke school in a joke system just like gabbert was, no thanks hope tampa gets that bust ,BUILD A CHAMPIONSHIP D  FIRST. 

What if we start Stanzi and he causes us to win a few games and we wind up picking #4.  I can't see changing this plan that is being operated close to perfection.

Quote:What if we start Stanzi and he causes us to win a few games and we wind up picking #4.  I can't see changing this plan that is being operated close to perfection.
THIS is why he's not getting playing time. Because we know he gives us a chance of winning, which we don't want to do. You gabbert/henne loving idiots can make excuses all you want, but the bottom line is we are tanking, and him or Matt Scott might be good enough to change that. Which is a risk we are not willing to take.

Quote:While the Iowa trolling is funny, at some point its worth putting Stanzi and/or Scott out there just because Ghennie sucks so hard. I mean, whats the worse that can happen, our offense gets worse? Oh noez!
Evaluating Stanzi and Scott will come after the season is over.  Having Henne or Gabbert in there (Henne more than Gabbert since he's been more effective in the passing game), as awful as they've been, is still better for allowing the team to get a look at the young receivers and TEs in the passing game to see where they stand.  I'd rather see them sit on the sideline watching than to toss them out there and see the entire offense take a step back.  Neither of these guys are getting reps in practice, and they're not prepared to step into the starting role.  Right now, it's not about the offense getting better as it is about identifying building blocks we can work with moving forward.  You hamper that progress by putting someone who isn't prepared to take the field. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:None of the QBs on our roster are going to take you to where you want to go with this Roster If the Jags have the 1st pick it should be traded for more picks we need OL,DE,RB,WR,TE,LB,S,DB,  Gus has us on a plan he just needs some tools .  Teddy Bridgewater is another guy playing at a joke school in a joke system just like gabbert was, no thanks hope tampa gets that bust ,BUILD A CHAMPIONSHIP D  FIRST. 
I'll give you this. I love the idea that Teddy is going to show up and be great, but he does remind me of Gabbert. Playing against joke defenses, I could see him flopping in the NFL. Still it will be nice to see him get a CHANCE to show what he can do, unlike QB's on our roster not named Henne/Gabbert.

Quote:Ricky Stanzi. Ricky Stanzi. Ricky Stanzi. He's the best QB on the roster and it's not close. As Shorts said today, I can't hold my tongue anymore....even though I haven't been holding my tongue at all about it all season.

I was impressed that we managed a passing touchdown today though.
Did shorts say Stanzi was the best?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I'll give you this. I love the idea that Teddy is going to show up and be great, but he does remind me of Gabbert. Playing against joke defenses, I could see him flopping in the NFL. Still it will be nice to see him get a CHANCE to show what he can do, unlike QB's on our roster not named Henne/Gabbert.
I'm not convinced Bridgewater will be the first pick in the draft, or even the first QB selected.  There's a lot that will happen between now and May to make that determination.

Quote:Those are Teddy Bridgewater's NFL stats as well. He must be trash too, then.

It's like you guys like that we're an embarrassment or something.
Ignorance is bliss. Must be true.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Did shorts say Stanzi was the best?
The voices in Stanzi Time2's head certainly did.

Quote:Evaluating Stanzi and Scott will come after the season is over.  Having Henne or Gabbert in there (Henne more than Gabbert since he's been more effective in the passing game), as awful as they've been, is still better for allowing the team to get a look at the young receivers and TEs in the passing game to see where they stand.  I'd rather see them sit on the sideline watching than to toss them out there and see the entire offense take a step back.  Neither of these guys are getting reps in practice, and they're not prepared to step into the starting role.  Right now, it's not about the offense getting better as it is about identifying building blocks we can work with moving forward.  You hamper that progress by putting someone who isn't prepared to take the field. 
How exactly are our young recievers and TEs growing? Is Shorts growing by going the whole first half without a target? Are they growing by chasing down defensive backs that just intercepted the pass? There is absolutely no positive in running either of these two losers out here. And also, Scott and Stanzi are (I believe) the same age as Gabbert, so they've had just as much time to prepare. Gabbert is more prepared to go out and suck like he always has, but I doubt he's more prepared to succeed.

Quote:Did shorts say Stanzi was the best?
No, the joke was that he said he wasn't going to hold his tongue any longer. Although, in my opinion, part of his frustration is the sucking at the QB position. If I were a young receiver on this team, and I saw these two horrible QB's getting playing time over promising prospects like Scott and Stanzi, I'd be counting down the days until my contract was up so I could get out of Jacksonville.