Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Apparently The Jags Signed a 49er DE

Jeremy Mincey is his name, anyone have any info on this guy? Seems like a beast.

#ThingsCommentatorsSay

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The important question is, can he rap?

#SlowlyBacksOutOfThisThreadHopingImNotSeen

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Mincey was signed by the Jaguars off of the 49er's practice squad in 2006. Give them a break, 2006 was during the last Jaguar period of relevance.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Just glad I wasn't the only one who had to do a double take after that line.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Just glad I wasn't the only one who had to do a double take after that line.

Pretty sure he said at least twice. I also remember hearing the name Colon Papernick at some point during the broadcast.

Mincey used to play for the Niners. Whats the big deal?

;

;

Quote:Mincey used to play for the Niners. Whats the big deal?

The way the announcer said it made one think they signed him this year. I believe it was Ronde Barber, so I give him a pass for inexperience.

A bigger gaffe was the referee, then Dick Stockton, saying a play after a holding penalty was third down when in fact it was called on a second down play and the down was repeated. Ronde said "I think it was second down" but Stockton talked over him and they never went back and cleared it up.

- Bob Marley

Quote:The way the announcer said it made one think they signed him this year. I believe it was Ronde Barber, so I give him a pass for inexperience.

A bigger gaffe was the referee, then Dick Stockton, saying a play after a holding penalty was third down when in fact it was called on a second down play and the down was repeated. Ronde said "I think it was second down" but Stockton talked over him and they never went back and cleared it up.

Didn't see the broadcast but Stockton is at the point that Enberg was at a couple of years ago. He's definitely past his prime as a broadcaster and prone for mistakes. And probably called him a "former Niner" was just by reading his former teams off a piece of paper. He probably doesn't know Mincey from Adam.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 11:41 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Didn't see the broadcast but Stockton is at the point that Enberg was at a couple of years ago. He's definitely past his prime as a broadcaster and prone for mistakes. And probably called him a "former Niner" was just by reading his former teams off a piece of paper. He probably doesn't know Mincey from Adam.

You're probably right about Mincey.

My first thought when I saw Stockton at the beginning of the broadcast was how old he looks. I Googled him and found out he's 71. That figures, he's been around forever. I've always liked him.

- Bob Marley

Quote:#SlowlyBacksOutOfThisThreadHopingImNotSeen

[Image: misfits.gif]

Quote:Mincey was signed by the Jaguars off of the 49er's practice squad in 2006. Give them a break, 2006 was during the last Jaguar period of relevance.

For some reason I always thought we drafted him in 2010. It was good to hear Dick Stockton report where players came from, something no CBS commentators do.

Mincey doesn't deserve a roster spot. Cut him.

He has a whopping four sacks total over the last year and a half, including one per year against the Oakland Raiders.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I got tired of him saying "Jagwaas",,,,,like there was no "R" in it,

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Mincey doesn't deserve a roster spot. Cut him.

He has a whopping four sacks total over the last year and a half, including one per year against the Oakland Raiders.

Jeremy Mincey has 63 GP (probably not in the entire game) with 19 sacks, 6 Forced Fumbles, 1 Interception, 11PD, 157 com 118 solo tackles

while

Tyson Alualu has 58 GP (in almost all the time) with 11 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 Int, 4 PD, 150 comb 106 solo tackles.

Mincey does not make the money that Tyson does so based on your comments they should cut Tyson Alualu immediately.