Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quickly, name 10 College Basketball Players

I remember the day that I could rattle off the starting lineups of at least 10 NCAA basketball teams.

Now, at age 15, my son can't name 2 college basketball players and I can't name 5. 

Is the 1 and done killing our passion for NCAA basketball ?   I haven't researched ratings trends but it's kind of sad that you can't follow elite players like Patrick Ewing throughout a long college career.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's what killed it for me. I'll still watch some of March Madness, but the interest I had when players spent at least three years on a team is long gone.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I remember the day that I could rattle off the starting lineups of at least 10 NCAA basketball teams.

Now, at age 15, my son can't name 2 college basketball players and I can't name 5. 

Is the 1 and done killing our passion for NCAA basketball ?   I haven't researched ratings trends but it's kind of sad that you can't follow elite players like Patrick Ewing throughout a long college career.
I think someone mentioned it on here in another NCAA thread. AAU has helped kill that as much as anything else. These AAU coaches form these all star teams, travel all over the country and the NBA scouts have taken to them (as they should) to see what is out there.

The one and done rule stinks, but I dont see it changing.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Patrick Young

Adam Morrison

Randy Zeller

Connor Cramston

Ryan Lewis

Trevor Maddox

JJ Abrams

Cleo Bobbity

Jonah Hill

Bill Smith

That's just ten quickly off the top of my head. I could come up with a ton more, so I fail to see your point.

Quote:Patrick Young

Adam Morrison

Randy Zeller

Connor Cramston

Ryan Lewis

Trevor Maddox

JJ Abrams

Cleo Bobbity

Jonah Hill

Bill Smith

That's just ten quickly off the top of my head. I could come up with a ton more, so I fail to see your point.

Oh. Well la-dee-freakin-da! I can look in a phone book too.

Smile

Quote:Oh. Well la-dee-freakin-da! I can look in a phone book too.

Smile
I bet it was google.

I could name 10 too but it would be 5-6 Gators, and then some of the other higher profile young guys.

;

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 03:28 PM by HIGH SCORE.)

Quote:I bet it was google.

I could name 10 too but it would be 5-6 Gators, and then some of the other higher profile young guys.

Sad

Quote: Sad
Banana

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote: Sad

Quote: Banana
:devil:

;

Jabari Parker

Julius Randle

Andrew Wiggins

PJ Hairston

TJ Warren

Rodney Hood

Marcus Smart

Rasheed Soulaimon

Tyler Lewis

Rodney Purvis

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 10:29 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Patrick Young

Adam Morrison

Randy Zeller

Connor Cramston

Ryan Lewis

Trevor Maddox

JJ Abrams

Cleo Bobbity

Jonah Hill

Bill Smith
Jabari Parker

Julius Randle

Andrew Wiggins

PJ Hairston

TJ Warren

Rodney Hood

Marcus Smart

Rasheed Soulaimon

Tyler Lewis

Rodney Purvis

I have never heard of any of these players.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I have never heard of any of these players.
Then you must not pay attention to college basketball, the NBA, or national sports media

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Then you must not pay attention to college basketball, the NBA, or national sports media

Not until March Madness or the NBA playoffs, and then they are generally soon forgotten.

Which is the topic of this thread, no?

- Bob Marley

It's funny.  I can not care all season, but come March/April…I'm pretty much all in.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:I have never heard of any of these players.

Ummmm...?

The fact that I can't name a single name makes me happier than any of you will ever know. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.