Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Gabbert's NFL career over?

Will another team sign him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I sure hope so and I hope he starts.  Outside of him ruining all hopes of winning every time he played I really enjoyed him for the comedic value of it all.  

Gene's Myth

I don't know that it is a lock that Blaine won't be with the Jaguars next year as a backup but if he isn't, some team will pick him up.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Absolutely. His confidence is shot as an NFL QB.

People use the excuse that he was thrown into the deep end too early to be a starting QB. When you are drafted at #10, you are expected to play right away. Gabbert fooled a lot of people at Mizzou because the Jags aren't the only people who had high grades on him.

Someone will take a shot on him, be their back up and see what happens.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Chad Henne was given a second chance when the Jags signed him after Miami released him. I don't see why Gabbert won't be given a similar opportunity.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Someone will. He's big, strong, has great mesurables, and still has potential.

Quote:Someone will. He's big, strong, has great mesurables, and still has potential.

Ahh.. the "P" word..... never really seems to work out in the NFL.

I hope he plays for the tacks for many years.

yes. second him being a long time fixture for the tacks

Quote:Ahh.. the "P" word..... never really seems to work out in the NFL.
Never said it will, but he still does have some potential. He'll get a 2nd chance on it alone. Wether or not sitting behind some veteran for a few years will help him, no one knows.

He'll land somewhere as a backup, and that could even be here.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I want him to redeem his career and turn out as a fine starting NFL quarterback. On the other hand, I don't because it would almost certainly mean he'd be playing for another team, and it would be just the Jaguars luck to release Gabbert only for him to become a starter somewhere else.

He'll be a back up somewhere. 

Quote:Never said it will, but he still does have some potential. He'll get a 2nd chance on it alone. Wether or not sitting behind some veteran for a few years will help him, no one knows.

The problem here is that the main things wrong with him aren't teachable.

Sure you can have all the mechanics, height, weight, arm strength of a prototypical franchise QB, but I think courage and pocket presence are things you either have or you don't have.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM by Mowerguy.)

Hopefully, unless garbageman gets hurt, we've seen the last of him this season.

Others may give him a spin but it'll be a waste of time....he's done.

They both need to be replaced.

Our O is bad.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

He'll be like Leinart or Jimmy Clausen.  Stay for a couple seasons as a backup for another team and then eventually fade out of the NFL.

Quote:He'll be like Leinart or Jimmy Clausen.  Stay for a couple seasons as a backup for another team and then eventually fade out of the NFL.

That's what I was thinking, I could see Oakland picking him up to kick the tires one last time and then he fades out.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

If a team has a strong O-Line to keep the pressure to a minimum, he could be a decent backup.  He'll have a home somewhere.

It would take someone like John Gruden to get Gabbert to play even at an average level. The dude hallucinates out there.

No pain, no gain.