Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is EXACTLY why the Jags need Manziel

His teammates say that his brash demeanor is one of the reasons they love playing with him.

"Just to see that fierce competition in his heart and to know that he's not being cocky, he's being confident and a lot of players can't do that," Kennedy said. "When you see your quarterback with so much radiance and confidence then it transfers to all the other players on the team."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ny-manziel

This is EXACTLY what the Jaguars need. They need someone to step in and have that confidence that the rest of the team can feed off of. We totally lack that right now, and IMO this is what Bridgewater is missing. Bridgewater reminds me a lot of Eli Manning or Blaine Gabbert in the regard where he just doesn’t seem to have the same confidence and fire for football.

Manziel 2014!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: Bridgewater reminds me a lot of Eli Manning or Blaine Gabbert in the regard where he just doesn’t seem to have the same confidence and fire for football.
huh? seems to me that football is EVERYTHING to Teddy

[Image: popcorn_2.gif]

Gene Smith's mantra was "Character before Talent".  Sounds like you have a similar mantra.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Teddy reminds you of the same Eli Manning that has two Super Bowl rings?

Quote:huh? seems to me that football is EVERYTHING to Teddy

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">Doesn’t seem that way to me judging by his body language on the field. Obviously we are not on the field, but it is just very similar to Gabbert.   We need someone to come in here who is going to inject confidence into the locker room like Manziel.
</span>

Manziel 2014!

Quote:Gene Smith's mantra was "Character before Talent".  Sounds like you have a similar mantra.  
Not at all.  Manziel could not be any less of gene smith guy.

Manziel 2014!

Quote:<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">Doesn’t seem that way to me judging by his body language on the field. Obviously we are not on the field, but it is just very similar to Gabbert.   We need someone to come in here who is going to inject confidence into the locker room like Manziel.
</span>
just because he's not cocky doesn't mean that he doesn't command respect on the field from his teammates, I think you're way off on this

I like Manziel, but not over Teddy

Quote:Not at all.  Manziel could not be any less of gene smith guy.

Yes, but it's the same mantra.  Character before talent.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Doesn’t seem that way to me judging by his body language on the field. Obviously we are not on the field, but it is just very similar to Gabbert.   We need someone to come in here who is going to inject confidence into the locker room like Manziel.

I think many football players are scared of needles.  Any other means of delivering "confidence"?

So the OP spends years posting nothing but Tebow related threads. Now he has moved on to Manziel.

SEC crushes are so cute.

;

;

Quote:His teammates say that his brash demeanor is one of the reasons they love playing with him.

"Just to see that fierce competition in his heart and to know that he's not being cocky, he's being confident and a lot of players can't do that," Kennedy said. "When you see your quarterback with so much radiance and confidence then it transfers to all the other players on the team."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ny-manziel

This is EXACTLY what the Jaguars need. They need someone to step in and have that confidence that the rest of the team can feed off of. We totally lack that right now, and IMO this is what Bridgewater is missing. Bridgewater reminds me a lot of Eli Manning or Blaine Gabbert in the regard where he just doesn’t seem to have the same confidence and fire for football.

Me thinks you don't know anything about Bridgewater.

Jags need someone that can pick a team apart from the pocket. Just because TB isn't a rah rah cheerleader on the field doesn't mean his teammates aren't confident in him

Quote:<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">Doesn’t seem that way to me judging by his body language on the field.
</span>

Please elaborate.

Quote:So the OP spends years posting nothing but Tebow related threads. Now he has moved on to Manziel.

SEC crushes are so cute.
This. I don't want a cheerleader....I want calm and collected while carving up defenses by understanding what they are trying to do. Teddy's teammates call him icewater because he doesn't get rattled. Manziel is a loose cannon that'll probably get the opposing defense pumped up to squash his gnomeish butt to shut his mouth moreso than his own team. Can you say T.O. as a QB?
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

1. We draft Manziel

2. He gets hurt in Week 2

3. Hurt often throughout the rest of the season

4. Recovers during the off season

5. Claims to be 100% 

6. Gets hurt mid way through the 2nd season

7. Put on IR

8. Cut during the preseason of the following year

9. Jags are back to square one

9 easy steps to going back where you started

I have no issues with Manziels persona, I like it. 

He is too scrawny and he is not a pro style passer

Quote:This. I don't want a cheerleader....I want calm and collected while carving up defenses by understanding what they are trying to do. Teddy's teammates call him icewater because he doesn't get rattled. Manziel is a loose cannon that'll probably get the opposing defense pumped up to squash his gnomeish butt to shut his mouth moreso than his own team. Can you say T.O. as a QB?
At least T.O could produce in his prime, poor JF wouldn't be able to make it off the run way

Quote:Bridgewater reminds me a lot of Eli Manning or Blaine Gabbert in the regard where he just doesn’t seem to have the same confidence and fire for football.

[Image: _1360849711.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:1. We draft Manziel

2. He gets hurt in Week 2

3. Hurt often throughout the rest of the season

4. Recovers during the off season

5. Claims to be 100% 

6. Gets hurt mid way through the 2nd season

7. Put on IR

8. Cut during the preseason of the following year

9. Jags are back to square one

9 easy steps to going back where you started

I have no issues with Manziels persona, I like it. 

He is too scrawny and he is not a pro style passer

You could say this about I don't know literally any draft pick coming out.  Stupid arguments. 

I have seen TB get hurt too.  And he aint to bulky either. 

Quote:You could say this about I don't know literally any draft pick coming out.  Stupid arguments. 

Quote:You could say this about I don't know literally any draft pick coming out.  Stupid arguments. 

His chances for injury are a lot lower than Manziels because he doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off. see RG3