Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Key to Winning

The key to sucess is never giving up on each door of opportunity,

and with the Jaguars now 1-8 they host the Arizona Cardinals 5-4.

The dismal unproductive Jaguars offense remains ranked 32 the worst in the NFL.  The first win was primarily due to the valant defense efforts of Blackmon & Poz, but the defense ranks the worst in allowing points in the NFL.  That shouldnt be a huge factor in this game since the Cardinals Offense only ranks 27th in the NFL balanced 19th passing & 24th rushing). 

The Cardinals #12 ranked defense (19th against the pass & 3rd against the run) will most likely only be tested by the Jaguars Chad Henne having the best game of his career (since hes below average rating will not win this game), or if Jaguar fans are lucky and Ricky Stanzi or Denard Robinson are given a chance to shine.

If Chad Henne perfoms the way he did in last weeks win this game will be another loss for the Jaguars.  They must have Poz play in this game (was not in practice yesterday) and they must utlize screen passes to Maurice Jones-Drew to keep the Cardinals defense from heavy DB packages.

Write your review of the game and ways you feel the Jaguars could win.

GO JAGS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In 1998, the Bungles won a meaningless game to forge ahead of the Eagles in the Standings.  Both teams went 3-13 but the Eagles drafted #2 and the Bungles drafted #3

The Eagles selected McNabb #2

The Bungles took Akili Smith #3

For 10 years the Bungles would start out terrible and win meaningless games which they viewed as momentum going into the following season ..... year after year they continued the trend.

Don't be that team.

That's my review.

Quote:In 1998, the Bungles won a meaningless game to forge ahead of the Eagles in the Standings.  Both teams went 3-13 but the Eagles drafted #2 and the Bungles drafted #3

For 10 years the Bungles would start out terrible and win meaningless games which they viewed as momentum going into the following season ..... year after year they continued the trend.

Don't be that team.

That's my review.

Yeah it sucks how that happens, but you cant really prevent being that team. It isn't like the Jaguars are going out with the mindset to lose. Some of us, as fans, don't want to win meaningless games because we are aware the percentage chance of us missing a cornerstone QB is much higher. I am sure the coaches know that too. With them knowing that, I still dont think they would go out and purposfully lose.

The Jaguars will win if they score more points than AZ.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The Jaguars will win if they score more points than AZ.

Are you sure about that, because I have my doubts?

Quote:In 1998, the Bungles won a meaningless game to forge ahead of the Eagles in the Standings.  Both teams went 3-13 but the Eagles drafted #2 and the Bungles drafted #3

Don't be that team.

That's my review.
The team with the first pick took Tim Couch. The Bengals could have taken Champ Bailey.

Actually the key to winning is to play as good as you can play on offense, special teams, and defense. Every player with a gold and black helmet, regardless of his job on the field, must play to the best of his ability and make no mental errors. It is that simple. We were only two turnovers away from beating the Rams and one of them was by Blaine Gabbert. Also in that game, Ace Sanders scored on a punt return, but a holding penalty negated it. In Denver, Poz picked off Peyton for a touchdown and some of our defensive linemen pressured him multiple times. At Tennessee, Dwayne Gratz intercepted a pass and Will Blackmon took the ball out of Fitzpatrick's hand for a TD. A coffin corner punt led to the safety. If we were not already far behind some of our fourth and goal plays would have been field goal attempts so it is a little misleading that we scored so few points this season. We just have to play as good as we can and we can win the game.

Jags will have a much better chance at winning in general if they  can improve in one area on both offense and defense.   The run. 

Quote:Jags will have a much better chance at winning in general if they can improve in one area on both offense and defense: the run. 

When JDR was our coach, we were better at that. Then MJD broke his foot and he has not been the same since. I think the injury permanently damaged his foot and we should draft a running back in May. But getting Luke Joeckel back will definitley help whoever carries the ball next year. For the Cardinals game, I just have to hope their run defense sucks.

Quote:For the Cardinals game, I just have to hope their run defense sucks.

Idk about run def specifically, but their defense isn't that bad this year. It'll be another tough one for the jags and mjd.

Ummmmmm..... 

Cards are allowing 82 yds per game on the ground.   3rd in the league.   

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 07:19 PM by MalabarJag.)

Don't be that team.

That's my review.

Not a good example. The Bungles took Palmer in 2003. They made the playoffs in 2004. Palmer was injured and never recovered to his 2004 level.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Ummmmmm..... 

I'd say that's pretty good. I didn't know the numbers but I knew their defense was better than the record suggested.

The key to winning this game is continued progress. Progress that was eyewitnessed against the Tacs. Also as were previously mentioned, scoring more points than the opponent helps as well...

Just Sayn...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Hopefully our run game will surpass this total...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Not a good example. The Bungles took Palmer in 2003. They made the playoffs in 2004. Palmer was injured and never recovered to his 2004 level.

Carson Palmer stayed on the bench as a rookie, so 2004 was his first season as the starter.

Make me the opposing team's water boy.. We'll win every game.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Make me the opposing team's water boy.. We'll win every game..
Oh, was it Gatorade I was supposed to mix with the water and not miralax?

Quote:Oh, was it Gatorade I was supposed to mix with the water and not miralax?
You're not good at keeping secrets are you?

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

That means MJD will have to carry the ball 27 times to reach 82 yards. Does not sound like we will be winning against this AZ defense.