Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags expected to reach out to Coughlin

@jasonlacanfora Jaguars expected to reach out to Tom Coughlin, who has mutual interest - https://t.co/8YWtYT4QKi https://t.co/va9k8ZzdTr

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is that for HC or GM?????

Quote:Is that for HC or GM?????

God please no for GM
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Reading the article it sounds more like they're looking at something like director of football operations type position moreso than coach. We'll see.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Reading the article it sounds more like they're looking at something like director of football operations type position moreso than coach. We'll see.
Either way he will bring in his own coaching staff, no more Gus and his staff

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Either way he will bring in his own coaching staff, no more Gus and his staff

If he's not the GM or HC he really has no power over the coaching staff besides making recommendations. That would be like Lamping hiring his own staff.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jason La Canfora knows nothing

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Wow, to land Coughlin again. I wont think this was even considered. We do need head coach, that holds players accountable and disciplined . TC would be that person, could revive this team into a respectable unit once again. :thumbsup:

I'm all for it, whether it's a front office role or as head coach.

!

Yes please.

The Jacksonville HC job will be a tough sell, no matter how you look at it.  Questions about whether Caldwell will remain. Bortles regression.  We're not in a position to turn away a two-time Super Bowl champion.

Quote:Yes please.

The Jacksonville HC job will be a tough sell, no matter how you look at it.  Questions about whether Caldwell will remain. Bortles regression.  We're not in a position to turn away a two-time Super Bowl champion.

What?

1. Owner who is both patient and willing to spend money

2. Mark Lamping

3. Caldwell who makes sound decisions and chases hard after the best players available

4. Bortles who's shown he has the raw tools to be very good

5. Very young roster with a significant amount of raw talent

6. Florida weather and taxes

Cons

1. The Gus Funk

Hard sell? Please.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I would hire TC as Head Coach.  I think Shad already has the management team he wants.  I think Coughlin would love coaching this team again and he'd have wide approval from the fans, too. 

I think Coughlin would be better as a director of football operations rather than either GM or HC.  But he would be an excellent addition regardless. 

Quote:I think Coughlin would be better as a director of football operations rather than either GM or HC. But he would be an excellent addition regardless.

This. I agree with this. Coughlin would help Khan out immensely when it came to making tough football decisions in a director role.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:What?

1. Owner who is both patient and willing to spend money

2. Mark Lamping

3. Caldwell who makes sound decisions and chases hard after the best players available

4. Bortles who's shown he has the raw tools to be very good

5. Very young roster with a significant amount of raw talent

6. Florida weather and taxes

Cons

1. The Gus Funk

Hard sell? Please.
Yes.  There are too many question marks here right now.  Dave Caldwell might not be the GM after 2017. Will the new GM have the power to bring in his own coach?  And sorry, but Bortles is the primary reason we're losing games right now.  The organization probably wants to stick with him through next year. What if his problems aren't fixable? That's a question the new coach will have to ask himself. I'd like to agree with you on the young talent question, but honestly, at this point, we just don't know. What we're seeing is a bunch of outstanding individual performances - mostly inconsistent. I've seen no indication this squad is coming together as a team. Finally, there are no other coaches out there with TC's resume. Coughlin has proven he wins everywhere he goes - from Boston College, to Jax, to the Giants. What's not to like?

Quote:Yes.  There are too many question marks here right now.  Dave Caldwell might not be the GM after 2017. Will the new GM have the power to bring in his own coach?  And sorry, but Bortles is the primary reason we're losing games right now.  The organization probably wants to stick with him through next year. What if his problems aren't fixable? That's a question the new coach will have to ask himself. I'd like to agree with you on the young talent question, but honestly, at this point, we just don't know. What we're seeing is a bunch of outstanding individual performances - mostly inconsistent. I've seen no indication this squad is coming together as a team. Finally, there are no other coaches out there with TC's resume. Coughlin has proven he wins everywhere he goes - from Boston College, to Jax, to the Giants. What's not to like?

There is zero indication that Caldwell is going anywhere, the only place it's mentioned is here. Every other problem this team has is directly tied to coaching and that's on Khan's patience. I'm not opposed to Coughlin, but no one should act like this isn't a desirable place to coach for that reason alone.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Reading the article it sounds more like they're looking at something like director of football operations type position moreso than coach. We'll see.

Smart.   I don't have a problem with that...

I mentioned this a month ago, but I think it would also be a good idea to bring him in as head Coach with the understanding that he'd be grooming his replacement as he transitions to more of a Front Office type of position.

I think that would be ideal.

Quote:There is zero indication that Caldwell is going anywhere, the only place it's mentioned is here. Every other problem this team has is directly tied to coaching and that's on Khan's patience. I'm not opposed to Coughlin, but no one should act like this isn't a desirable place to coach for that reason alone.

If the team doesn't win next year, regardless of who's the coach, Caldwell will be on the hot seat. The next head coach has to consider that. Jax has endured almost a decade of non-winning seasons.  The pressure to win right away will be enormous.