Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags expected to reach out to Coughlin

Quote:Why isn't he now?  Is he Injured?  If so.  Why is he still playing?  When we are 2-10?   He had a lot of soft ds in fourth quarter last year he carved up.  So the stats are padded.  Do I like that?  Absolutely not.   However it is what it is. 

Like I have said many times already: BAD COACHING. Why do you think Greg Olson lost his job? When new coaches are hired for all jobs from the top down, we should expect to see the Blake Bortles who tied with Cam Newton for TDs and, if not for a weak offensive line, would have scored more than that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No, during is free time is when he works with his own personal coaches Jordan Palmer and Tom House, which is what he did after his rookie season.

He said himself this past offseason that he was having a shorter session with them.

Only Blake Bortles can explain the reasons for that unless Jordan Palmer and Tom House become available to the media. I am sure he learned his lesson about the importance of those sessions because he recently did work with another for two days.

Quote:Like I have said many times already: BAD COACHING. Why do you think Greg Olson lost his job? When new coaches are hired for all jobs from the top down, we should expect to see the Blake Bortles who tied with Cam Newton for TDs and, if not for a weak offensive line, would have scored more than that.
Bad coaching after lose 3 games in a row go. Okay I will run the offense now.  That didnt work like a manning would. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Bad coaching after lose 3 games in a row go. Okay I will run the offense now.  That didnt work like a manning would. 
The point being, Blake has to be held accountable.  And he should be. Bad coaching does not fly at 2-10.

#Gojags

Quote:Only Blake Bortles can explain the reasons for that unless Jordan Palmer and Tom House become available to the media. I am sure he learned his lesson about the importance of those sessions because he recently did work with another for two days.
It doesnt matter what his reasoning was. He didnt fix it in 2015 even if it was marginally better than before, then put even less work in and got worse. Its not going to be magically fixed in another offseason and even if it is blake still lacks in most other facets of the position. Were running the enormous risk of wasting another season with him.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 03:28 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:It doesnt matter what his reasoning was. He didnt fix it in 2015 even if it was marginally better than before, then put even less work in and got worse. Its not going to be magically fixed in another offseason and even if it is blake still lacks in most other facets of the position. Were running the enormous risk of wasting another season with him.
Exactly during the off season trade for a qb and cut henne so grab a back up as well.  And try to get any trade value for blake.  Cause him leading the team is over.  

#Gojags

Quote:Some of the top coaches in the league are 65 and dont get this rep but coughlin is 5 years older and all of a sudden he thinks football is played with leather helmets.
I actually do think 5 years is a big difference, not from a stuck in the stone age philosophical perspective but from a physically demanding and tireless hours perspective.

And it looks like an even bigger gap than that. Pete Carroll is an ageless wonder at 65, Tom looks 20 years older than him and at least 10 years older than Belichick/Arians. 

Quote:I actually do think 5 years is a big difference, not from a stuck in the stone age philosophical perspective but from a physically demanding and tireless hours perspective.

And it looks like an even bigger gap than that. Pete Carroll is an ageless wonder at 65, Tom looks 20 years older than him and at least 10 years older than Belichick/Arians.
Yeah from a purely physical point theres definitely a difference. But I cant speculate on Toms well being, he may look decrepit but theres no telling how he feels. Kansas States current coach is 77 years old!

Im just bothered by this idea that Coughlin is running schemes from the 40s because hes old. He was coaching a little over a year ago and the schemes he was running then are still being used by his coordinators for a winning team.

Quote:I would want a guy who won the Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers. But right now I am not thinking about the offseason because it is not offseason.
Tom Coughlin won 2 Superbowls with worse teams.

explain your logic again please.

I would think the wise thing to do would be for Tom to help vet the new coaching staff and consult with them as needed.  I do not expect him to be a part of the coaching staff in anything more than an advisory role.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

At least we know Coughlin knows how to gameplan against opponents.  He'll bring in an experienced staff that most likely are hanging out with Super Bowl rings on their fingers.

We've gone the rookie head coaching route way too long.

You know TC already has a whole binder prepared about what he would do with the current roster. He is going to come to that meeting so prepared, it will be hard to say no.

I don't want Coughlin. He was a good coach, a long time ago, but we got rid of him for a reason. He refuses to change and he's stubborn as a mule. When things aren't working, he keeps doing the same thing over and over, (sound familiar). That is why he wore out him welcome the first time. Isn't the whole point of getting a new coach, to find someone who is willing to try new things when the current situation is failing. I don't know if I would even watch a Jaguars team under the current Tom Coughlin as coach. The guy is older than God and he's stuck in his ways, from way back. What's the point?

I'm not against Coughlin, but his record with the Giants was a tale of two halves...

Losing season in his first year, followed by four winning seasons including a Super Bowl win. Great start to his Giants spell, however the next seven seasons feature one play off appearance in which they won a Super Bowl. Now winning a Super Bowl is great and something we Jags fans dream of, but those six seasons his teams missed the play offs ultimately cost him his job, especially the last four seasons in which his teams were inconsistent and prone to inept play and mistakes.

So sure, he's a guy with two Super Bowl rings, but he's also a coach that was atop of a team which has missed the play offs six times in seven years, and had its own issues during that time because he didn't change and adapt his ways. For me, I wouldn't bring him back as head coach. I'd rather take a risk on one of the top coordinators or even a top college head coach.

Quote:Tom Coughlin won 2 Superbowls with worse teams.

explain your logic again please.

Explain why you brought that up after I said we should not think about McCarthy getting fired next month.

@blakeandrew8 Per source I trust: Shad and Tom were at lunch last week discussing the head coaching job for 2017. More to come soon.

Hopefully it happens

It's a half truth. This is the time of year the Jags FO will hire an outside firm to gather detailed lists of potential candidates and emails, phone calls will get made. I mean the Jags will probably reach out to maybe 15-20 people withing the NFL and college ranks 

I don't think he comes on as HC. If anything he'll come on as a consultant or get an office job somewhere.

Now hearing Coughlin was seen at everbank this morning.

Quote:Now hearing Coughlin was seen at everbank this morning.

That was a joke tweet.