Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mel Kiper Draft Top 5

Mel has redone his draft board:

1. Clowney

2. Barr

3. Matthews

4. Bridgewater

5. Mariota

On a side note, Hundley is at #21 and Maziel has moved into the 1st round at #12.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 07:22 PM by HeeRo.)

ouch teddy at 4

can you post all of it, im curious

I would if I could. I'm not a member of Insiders. I heard Mike Dempsey report it on the Football Show at 3pm. 1010XL. By the way, on a side note. Like you video clips. Funny.

Not if we draft 1 spot
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Best scenario IMO would be to draft Clowney and trade back into the 1st and take Petty if he comes out.

Why are we posting Mel kipers opinions? I mean this message board is dumb enough we dont need to drag Mel in here. 

haha....alright.....post your top five instead

I did not know that Kiper has any influence over the draft any more. He has been exposed as a shill of sports agents in the past. His days of badgering NFL teams are long gone.

Clowney doesn't produce. It's clear on tape. His game is a real mess. All PR.

I suggest all Jaguars fans bookmark the following:

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/

For those interested in the draft process this DIY site provides appreciable volumes of direct visual evidence including prompts to help isolate particular players. You may frequently also be able to view other players (team mates, opponents) that might NOT have specific video catalogs.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote: Best scenario IMO would be to draft Clowney and trade back into the 1st and take Petty if he comes out.
Man, ppl just keep getting crazier late into the season.

Teddy is the only QB worth taking in the 1st. Although, I can see people reaching to trade up into the bottom of the 1st to grab a QB

Quote:I did not know that Kiper has any influence over the draft any more. He has been exposed as a shill of sports agents in the past. His days of badgering NFL teams are long gone.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://draftbreakdown.com/players/'>http://draftbreakdown.com/players/</a>

For those interested in the draft process this DIY site provides appreciable volumes of direct visual evidence including prompts to help isolate particular players. You may frequently also be able to view other players (team mates, opponents) that might NOT have specific video catalogs.

Thanks for the link. Kiper still has a huge following.

Quote:I did not know that Kiper has any influence over the draft any more. He has been exposed as a shill of sports agents in the past. His days of badgering NFL teams are long gone.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/

Nice link. Thanks.

I like Clowney. I think he's the best player in the draft.

The only downside I see in his game is stamina. He doesn't get any push at times, but I think that has more to do with him being tired. To be fair, he's pushing really hard a lot of the time. Even considering that, he'll be tired, and push hard if he knows that he has a chance to make a play. He doesn't play with the strength you'd expect from someone his size, but he's plenty strong enough. 

He's being used a lot inside when his strength is in space. He's probably better at using his hands than anyone in the draft, and he has a decent bullrush. He has great change-of-direction and first step. Besides, he's only 20-years-old. 

What are you seeing that worries you? 

Quote:Mel has redone his draft board:

1. Clowney

2. Barr

3. Matthews

4. Bridgewater

5. Mariota

On a side note, Hundley is at #21 and Maziel has moved into the 1st round at #12.
I would put Matthews at #2 but other than that I think this is correct.

Was previously high on Bridgewater but do not see him as head and shoulders above the other 5 highly regarded QB's in this draft. The second round can produce a great QB.

Clowney is a rare DE that comes around maybe once very 10 years. He is the guy.

Matthews is probably better than Joeckel.

Manziel is Brees and Keenum on steroids and will probably be the steal of this entire draft.

Quote:Man, ppl just keep getting crazier late into the season.
whats so crazy about this?

Quote:whats so crazy about this?

Not taking a quarterback with the first pick when you don't have one is crazy.

Quote:Why are we posting Mel kipers opinions? I mean this message board is dumb enough we dont need to drag Mel in here. 

Because if we followed Mel's picks through the Gene Smith era we'd be a much better organization at this point.

Quote:Because if we followed Mel's picks through the Gene Smith era we'd be a much better organization at this point.

He was pushing Jimmy Clausen on the Jaguars, so I am  not so sure about that.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2013, 01:55 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:

Teddy is the only QB worth taking in the 1st.
Although, I can see people reaching to trade up into the bottom of the 1st to grab a QB

According to who?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Mel Kiper doesn't know anything about football. His picks are always busts. Caldwell and Bradley need to pick based on what their eyes tell them.. not what a guy with glasses tells them he sees

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote: 

have you already forgotten what he did as a true freshmen and sophmore?

either his injury is affecting his play or he's just coasting through his last year in school, dude is a beast stop making yourself look silly