Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2013 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 11

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 10:02 PM by AmeliaIsland.)

Not too much of the country will be able to watch, or have access to watch the Jaguars Cardinals game, Only Jacksonville and Gainesville in Florida, and all of Arizona in yellow is watching the game this Sunday.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://506sports.com/'>http://506sports.com/</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.the506sports.com/'>http://www.the506sports.com/</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Atlanta-Tampa Bay game being on at the same time very likely decreased the size of the Southeast that will get this game locally on Fox.

Quote:The Atlanta-Tampa Bay game being on at the same time very likely decreased the size of the Southeast that will get this game locally on Fox.

That is the worst matchup of the week. Who wants to watch two teams that definitely will "earn" top five draft picks?

Quote:That is the worst matchup of the week. Who wants to watch two teams that definitely will "earn" top five draft picks?
... because its two teams with similar skill levels.

Figured a real fan would know that.

Quote:That is the worst matchup of the week. Who wants to watch two teams that definitely will "earn" top five draft picks?

Regardless of what those teams records are,   the Bucs have a large fan base in Central Florida,  and the Florida Panhandle.    The Falcons have a large fan base throughout Georgia and much of the South.    It would take an extraordinary matchup for the Fox stations in question not to show the Falcons and/ or Bucs,   if given the opportunity.

Quote:  Regardless of what those teams records are,   the Bucs have a large fan base in Central Florida,  and the Florida Panhandle.    The Falcons have a large fan base throughout Georgia and much of the South.    It would take an extraordinary matchup for the Fox stations in question not to show the Falcons and/ or Bucs,   if given the opportunity.

I was not saying Fox should show a different game in northwest Florida.

Orlando NEVER shows Jaguars home games

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Ronde Barber is going to call our game you serious lol.. 

Quote:I was not saying Fox should show a different game in northwest Florida.

What were you saying then?

Quote:Ronde Barber is going to call our game you serious lol.. 

Ronde Barber was the analyst on the Detroit-Washington game in Week # 3.    Considering that was one of his first opportunities to be a game analyst,   I thought he did a very good job.   

It's interesting that the Bucs are playing at the same time as the Jaguars on Fox,  yet the network elected not to use Ronde Barber on the Falcons- Bucs telecast.     I'm wondering if Barber has been the analyst on any of the Bucs games this season.

Quote:Orlando NEVER shows Jaguars home games
Well, I should say, I think they did in 2008, after we went to the playoffs. Never did it again. And they did at some points earlier in the last decade as well. But any time they can bump us for Miami or whoever, they do it now.

I am curious how those maps list the Jaguars as on Fox, its a home game for us, shouldn't it be CBS?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Well, I should say, I think they did in 2008, after we went to the playoffs. Never did it again. And they did at some points earlier in the last decade as well. But any time they can bump us for Miami or whoever, they do it now.

I am curious how those maps list the Jaguars as on Fox, its a home game for us, shouldn't it be CBS?

The network for the games on Sunday Afternoons are determined by which team is on the road.   Being that Arizona is an NFC team,  the game is on Fox.

Quote:  The network for the games on Sunday Afternoons are determined by which team is on the road.   Being that Arizona is an NFC team,  the game is on Fox.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it's:

NFC @ NFC = Fox

AFC @ AFC = CBS

NFC @ AFC = Fox

AFC @ NFC = CBS

Meaning that the time of the game doesn't matter.  It's the location.  CBS has all the AFC away games, and any AFC vs AFC matchups.  While FOX has all the NFC away games, and any NFC vs NFC matchups.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

lame im stuck streaming the game again  :confused:

Quote:I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it's:

NFC @ NFC = Fox

AFC @ AFC = CBS

NFC @ AFC = Fox

AFC @ NFC = CBS

Meaning that the time of the game doesn't matter.  It's the location.  CBS has all the AFC away games, and any AFC vs AFC matchups.  While FOX has all the NFC away games, and any NFC vs NFC matchups.

That sums up the format perfectly.

Basically,  the maximum amount of times the Jaguars can appear on Fox in a given regular season under the current NFL TV contract,  is 2 times.

Quote:lame im stuck streaming the game again  :confused:

I got Direct TV for the first time, and they gave me the NFL ticket for 1 year.  Sux that it had to be a year that the jags stink, but what do you do?...  Unless I can convince my wife about renewing for next year, I'll be streaming with you in 2014!!!  

Probably the only reason I miss living near Jacksonville was going to the games.   But somethings, one cannot control

Obviously the NFL knows what its doing, but Ill admit now that Im currently living away from Jax, and never get the Jags on TV, I dont watch much NFL.  Maybe when Im at home and we're making dinner Ill throw NFL redzone on.  But the games that are televised in my area are typically boring and unwatchable.  So I dont watch.  this upcoming weekend im getting sandiego/miami and atlanta/tb.... yuck and yuck.  ill watch not one second of either of those.

I remember reading that Directv is paying the NFL something like a billion dollars over the most recent 5 year deal.  so 200M a year.  which is big time money obviously.  however the networks, CBS, FOX, and ESPN are paying something like 40+B combined over the next 10 years.  Which means each would be paying more than 1B a year on average.  significantly more than what Directv is paying them.  

Now is there not another television network out there willing to pay that kind of money?  and by expanding the number of games being shown nationally, would that not increase total viewership?  Maybe not for CBS or FOX who would have to compete with another channel but in total it would.  In my case it definitely would because I dont watch at all now but I would if more Jags games were on tv... or heck i would if more interesting national games were on.  but as it is now, I dont watch much of any.

Quote:  Ronde Barber was the analyst on the Detroit-Washington game in Week # 3.    Considering that was one of his first opportunities to be a game analyst,   I thought he did a very good job.   

It's interesting that the Bucs are playing at the same time as the Jaguars on Fox,  yet the network elected not to use Ronde Barber on the Falcons- Bucs telecast.     I'm wondering if Barber has been the analyst on any of the Bucs games this season.

I wonder if FOX intentionally tries to keep Barber away from Bucs telecasts, to avoid the appearance of favoritism, etc.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it's:

NFC @ NFC = Fox

AFC @ AFC = CBS

NFC @ AFC = Fox

AFC @ NFC = CBS

Yes. In other words, it's always on the network of the visiting team. AFC = CBS. NFC = FOX.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I wonder if FOX intentionally tries to keep Barber away from Bucs telecasts, to avoid the appearance of favoritism, etc.

That's more likely than not what has occurred.   The only other thought that came to mind is if Ronde Barber had a falling out with the Bucs organization.  I don't believe that's the case.

If Ronde Barber remains with FOX beyond this season,  my guess is he will have the opportunity to be the analyst on one or more Bucs games next season.    Especially since there will very likely be major changes coming with the Bucs after their 2013 season concludes.   Most of his former teammates and coaches from 2012 will probably not be with the Bucs in 2014.