Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz.... AFC Defensive Player Of The Week

Deservedly so. Hope he's back soon. We need him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow, good for him. He's had a nice year.

"He sucks.  We should trade him."

Seriously, this guy is the kind of player you want to build your team around.  He may not be the most skilled player at his position, but he gives you 100% every time he takes the field.  This is a nice recognition for him.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 01:08 PM by DewtheMathis.)

Poz for Pres!

He is having a ProBowl type year I hope he can play this week!

5th place in the NFL in tackles 88

1 sacks, 1ff, 2 ints

Quote:"He sucks. We should trade him."

Seriously, this guy is the kind of player you want to build your team around. He may not be the most skilled player at his position, but he gives you 100% every time he takes the field. This is a nice recognition for him.

I think if he had a step more pace he would be up there for best mlb in the league especially considering the trash in front of him but in strength and effort he is amazing

one of my favorite players but his contract is high and with Caldwell not the sort to pay over the odds I wonder if he will be here next yesr

Must have been a down week.  No knock on him but that's not the typical "wow" performance that player of the week typically would recognize.  Good for him though

Gene's Myth

Poz is a BEAST

side note if anyone plays Madden Ultimate Team, they made a special player of the week Will Blackmon but have him on the Seahawks lmao. That disrespect. 

Poz is having a great season.  I have no clue what Caldwell has in mind for him down the road - but it would be nice if they could extend his contract by a year and restructure it so he isn't so overpaid annually.   He's great - but 7 million a year is pretty steep.  (Thanks, Gene) 

I think they'll restructure Poz's contract. He's good but he aint gonna get that kind of money anywhere else.

Yeah, I don't understand the call to get rid of him. He seems like the type of player that can play at the same level well late into his career.

Quote:Poz for Pres!

He is having a ProBowl type year I hope he can play this week!

5th place in the NFL in tackles 88

1 sacks, 1ff, 2 ints

And one of those interceptions was a Peyton Manning pick 6.

Quote:I think they'll restructure Poz's contract. He's good but he aint gonna get that kind of money anywhere else.

Maybe he would get that kind of money somehwere else, depending on the salary cap situations other teams have. But he chose the Jaguars and does not regret that decision.

Refreshing to actually have some Free Agent signings work out. Definitely a bright spot on the team right now.

Poz is an excellent example of why Penn State has been Linebacker U for decades.

Quote:I think they'll restructure Poz's contract. He's good but he aint gonna get that kind of money anywhere else.

There's a good chance this will end up happening.  Yet,  it wouldn't be surprising if Poz elects to test the open market first if the Jaguars insist on him restructuring his contract.

Quote:Poz is an excellent example of why Penn State has been Linebacker U for decades.

I remember him playing at Penn State. He won the Butkus Award as a junior. When we signed him, I thought it was great to get Sean Lee's teammate because we missed out on Lee.

Quote:I remember him playing at Penn State. He won the Butkus Award as a junior. When we signed him, I thought it was great to get Sean Lee's teammate because we missed out on Lee.

As great of a player Sean Lee is, the one thing that he hasn't been able to do the last couple of seasons is stay relatively healthy.  

On the other hand, Poz's durability since coming to Jacksonville adds to his value.

Quote:As great of a player Sean Lee is, the one thing that he hasn't been able to do the last couple of seasons is stay relatively healthy.  

On the other hand, Poz's durability since coming to Jacksonville adds to his value.

I noticed that. Lee just got hurt again in New Orleans, But Cris Collinsworth said he is one of the best inside linebackers.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 04:36 PM by D6.)

Quote:I noticed that. Lee just got hurt again in New Orleans, But Cris Collinsworth said he is one of the best inside linebackers.

I agree with Cris Collingsworth. 

Unfortunately though for the Cowboys,  Sean Lee's 2012 injury that ended his season after 6 games,  could easily have cost them the NFC East Title or even a Wildcard Berth.   The same might happen this season,  as Lee is expected out 3 to 4 weeks.    While Lee is a top 5 MLB/ ILB when he's relatively healthy,   injuries are part of the overall equation.  

If Poz stays relatively healthy the remainder of the season,  that can only help him if restructuring contract negotiations take place in 2014.

While the Concussion that Poz suffered in the Jaguars win in Tennessee was the subject of another thread,  the fact that he didn't practice today adds to the concern of the extent of the concussion.    Hopefully,  Poz will make a full and speedy recovery and won't affect him in the future.   It's way too early to tell if it will impact his contract situation in 2014.

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Paul...-ohalloran