Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So Car. DT Kelcy Quarles To Enter Draft?

Quote:Clowney's draft stock is going to tumble due to this season.

I don't care what some supposed execs had to say, his lack of production this season is a serious red flag. And trust me, teams will take note.

Five NFL executives polled by NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believe South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney's dip in production is only a minor concern.

"Minor concern," one executive said. "His tape is good. Ignore the dip in production. He impacts the game in a drastic way. My only concern is his makeup. We'll get more answers in that area after we meet with him and do all of our background work."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 10:45 AM by MoJo44.)

Quote: 

On that note... Tyler Bray 2013.

Oh, Tyler Bray.  I do remember that hype train a couple years back.  Good times.

Quote:Disruption is production my friend, you can't measure Clowney's impact on stats alone, he's a disruptive force on the defensive line and makes everyone around him better. If his motor consistently runs high he'll have a chance to be one of the best Defensive Lineman in the history of the NFL.

Disruption is absolutely production.

I have such a love-hate relationship when it comes to Clowney.  I hate that he takes some games off.  But you cannot deny the potential there.  He may be the most naturally gifted defensive end of the modern NCAA era (even above Julius Peppers and Mario Williams).  The God-given talent is undeniable and I think the right coach can turn him into a dominating force at the next level -- ironically, I believe Gus could be that guy -- but I'd still pass on Clowney for Bridgewater.

I've gotten to the point where, if we didn't get the top pick, Bridgewater was off the board and we could not find a trade down partner, I'd be okay with taking Clowney.  More than okay, actually.