Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rashad Jennings

Quote:I have been thinking the same thing. George Selvie is a starter in Dallas and we thought he was trash. Tiquan Underwood is a starter in Tampa. I expected Terrance Knighton to be a backup, but that never happened because he earned the starting job in Denver. But Terrelle Pryor is a dual-threat quarterback, so I can't tell how well Khalif Barnes and Tony Pashos are playing in Oakland.

Unfortunately, on Sunday Justin Durant and Daryl Smith suffered leg injuries, so I did not get to see them long enough to make any judgments.

Unfortunately,  much like Sean Lee,  Justin Durant,  his replacement at MLB in the game at New Orleans,  also is expected to be sidelined with a hamstring injury for a few weeks.    The only bright spot for the Cowboys regarding their injury situation is they have a bye this week.

George Selvie is thriving under Cowboys Defensive Line Coach Rod Marinelli.   Selvie's hustle and overall football character are a great match with Marinelli's coaching.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Perhaps it wasn't so much Jennings "sucking" as it was a line incapable of creating lanes for him to run through? 

I always liked Jennings, and thought he was a guy who could be developed into a solid #2 behind MJD. He was never able to fully put it together here, but it looks like he's starting to do that in Oakland.  Good for him. Nice guy. 
I am thinking that as well, MJD can't get it going this year either, I wonder if he signs with a different team if he will suddenly 'rebound' also. May be a good time to keep MJD on the cheap...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Glad to see him having success in Oakland. Felt like he had a lot of potential but just never put it together here.

After reading the article via the link that JaguarsWoman posted,  it sounds like Rashad Jennings has a noticeably greater chance of remaining with the Raiders in 2014 than Darren McFadden.   Regardless of what transpires moving forward,  Jennings has provided MUCH more value in his NFL career as a 7th Round pick than McFadden has as a high 1st Round pick.

Quote:Most players we let go were average or below average, but they are not all as bad as we expected. Daryl Smith has been good.

Plus he averaged over 5 yards a carry his first two years in jax before his injury. I don't think he fully recovered and now that he has he seems to be taking advantage of his oppurtunities .

Quote:After reading the article via the link that JaguarsWoman posted,  it sounds like Rashad Jennings has a noticeably greater chance of remaining with the Raiders in 2014 than Darren McFadden.   Regardless of what transpires moving forward,  Jennings has provided MUCH more value in his NFL career as a 7th Round pick than McFadden has as a high 1st Round pick.

I forgot he was a 7th rounder... agreed.

I don't know about his value comparison or his injury situation, but there is absolutely nothing special about him other than maybe his ability as a receiver. He can't cut, doesn't get low, isn't physical. Plus, isn't he just as injury prone as McFadden? Jennings may benefit simply from the fact that running backs aren't worth 1st round value any more.

Quote:Plus he averaged over 5 yards a carry his first two years in Jax before his injury. I don't think he fully recovered and now that he has he seems to be taking advantage of his oppurtunities .

Who are you talking about? Daryl Smith is a linebacker, not a running back.

[quote name="JaguarsWoman" post="54645" timestamp="1384406838"]Who are you talking about? Daryl Smith is a linebacker, not a running back.[/quo

Smith? I'm talking about Jennings...

Quote:Plus he averaged over 5 yards a carry his first two years in jax before his injury. I don't think he fully recovered and now that he has he seems to be taking advantage of his oppurtunities .

Quote:Who are you talking about? Daryl Smith is a linebacker, not a running back.

Not Daryl Smith, silly....Terrance Knighton

Quote:[quote name="JaguarsWoman" post="54645" timestamp="1384406838"]Who are you talking about? Daryl Smith is a linebacker, not a running back.[/quo

Smith? I'm talking about Jennings...

You quoted a post about Smith.

Was a big supporter, but when he got his shot he blew it big time unfortunately.  

Gene's Myth

'Shean was a heck of a player for us and I think looked at his peak in the 2011 season. Too bad he got hurt at the end of that year. Very glad he is still playing a role for an NFL team. Much respect. It's pretty obvious that last year was a dumpster fire. We had a solid defense in '11 and looked like a complete opposite last year. I think it had a lot to do with JDR leaving. Say what you want, the man knows Defense..offense, another story. Thankfully thw Broncos have the best OC in the NFL with Manning while Fox is ouy
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:'Shean was a heck of a player for us and I think looked at his peak in the 2011 season. Too bad he got hurt at the end of that year. Very glad he is still playing a role for an NFL team. Much respect. It's pretty obvious that last year was a dumpster fire. We had a solid defense in '11 and looked like a complete opposite last year. I think it had a lot to do with JDR leaving. Say what you want, the man knows Defense..offense, another story. Thankfully thw Broncos have the best OC in the NFL with Manning while Fox is ouy

Actually we had problems on defense too, which always confused me because JDR is a former NFL linebacker and was previously a defensive coordinator. Now he is doing great as Denver's DC, so I think it was not as much his fault the defense sucked as many board members thought.

Mike Mularkey is an offensive guy. He saw Rasehan Mathis struggling and demoted him to nickel back. David Caldwell knew Mathis was getting old and not as good as he used to be. He also got hurt several times in the last couple years. So the writing was on the wall. I did not know what to expect when he joined the Lions.

Quote:Most players we let go were average or below average, but they are not all as bad as we expected. Daryl Smith has been good.
Can you tell me who said Daryl was bad? He's old but he's one of our best defensive players ever and easily our best LB ever. 

Quote:Can you tell me who said Daryl was bad? He's old but he's one of our best defensive players ever and easily our best LB ever. 

That was not what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

I was thinking about Terrance Knighton being a starter in Denver and keeping his job there. I expected him to be a backup.

Right now vs Texans : 16 carries, 134 yards, a 80 yds run TD.

On the sports ticker at the bottom, I saw something like 19 carries for 138 yards - starter numbers. Why couldn't he do that in Jacksonville?

Quote:On the sports ticker at the bottom, I saw something like 19 carries for 138 yards - starter numbers. Why couldn't he do that in Jacksonville?

because like they say in the movie called The Water Boy: We Bad 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:On the sports ticker at the bottom, I saw something like 19 carries for 138 yards - starter numbers. Why couldn't he do that in Jacksonville?

Because we blamed the running back instead of the Offensive lineman. Now we know the truth.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Because we blamed the running back instead of the Offensive lineman. Now we know the truth.

So was the offensive line good when MJD led the league in rushing?

;

;