Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rashad Jennings

Quote:Because we blamed the running back instead of the Offensive lineman. Now we know the truth.

Oakland's current offensive tackles are Khalif Barnes and Tony Pashos. Barnes was allowed to leave because the 2009 draft had a lot of left tackles. Tony Pashos lost the preseason competition with Eben Britton and was cut. So Rashad Jennings had better offensive tackles to run around than his current teammates.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So was the offensive line good when MJD led the league in rushing?

It was until age caught up with Meester and Rackley, Monroe and Uche regressed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2013, 02:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Rashad Jennings play isn't a surprise to me. I remember posting on here about how we should have traded MoJo and Rashad would have been more than capable to take over with the starting role. Was typically bashed at the time, told how Rashad sucks, and yet again.....after several years, my take was proven correct in the end. 

Quote:It's a shame he couldn't do anything last year here. Might have made at least one of Gene Smith's pick's halfway decent. Although other than Derek cox who doesn't seem to be playing well, a few other people who left Last year seem to be having better seasons this year.  Makes me wonder if it really was the coaching or the scheme's that made them seem bad. 

Of course its coaching. The Jags assistant coaching staff sucks and has sucked for years now. The only good assistant that consistently develops the young players is Jerry Sullivan. 

Selvie, Nelson, Jennings are just 3 of the examples that have gone on to do better once escaping the Jags terrible coaching. 

Quote:Rashad Jennings play isn't a surprise to me. I remember posting on here about how we should have traded MoJo and Rashad would have been more than capable to take over with the starting role. Was typically bashed at the time, told how Rashad sucks, and yet again.....after several years, my take was proven correct in the end.
Like clockwork ...

I assume you're patting yourself on the back with your left arm, as your right arm is tired from doing so on other posts.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Of course its coaching. The Jags assistant coaching staff sucks and has sucked for years now. The only good assistant that consistently develops the young players is Jerry Sullivan. 

Selvie, Nelson, Jennings are just 3 of the examples that have gone on to do better once escaping the Jags terrible coaching.
Like you had a clue as to who the running back coach is for Oakland.

Oh, or is it the OC who should get the credit? Or perhaps the QB coach. I wonder who that is?

You're just getting your excuses ready for St. Teddy, aren't you? If he's mediocre it has to be the coaches, right?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Rashad Jennings play isn't a surprise to me. I remember posting on here about how we should have traded MoJo and Rashad would have been more than capable to take over with the starting role. Was typically bashed at the time, told how Rashad sucks, and yet again.....after several years, my take was proven correct in the end. 

I'm sorry. Who are you talking to?

There's a lot here who were Pro-Rashad during MJD's holdout. Unfortunately for him, he got hurt (again) on the 1st game of the season when it would have been his time to shine. I liked Jennings, but he was flat out terrible the last year he was here. He had his chance, but he just didn't capitalize on it while he was here.

Update: Jennings has 588 yards, a 4.7 avg and 4 TDs. Really nice to seem him having success.

I'm too lazy to read the thread but wanted to mention that I think Jennings figures into our compensatory pick formula so root for him and maybe we can get an extra 4th rounder for the guys we lost.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We'll he's got a concussion now.  Don't know how serious though.

Rashad Jennings is doing well now, as any RB that actually had time for his major injury to get better should. Get a grip. Just because Adrian Peterson did the impossible, less than a full season after an ACL tear, doesn't mean that you should just give up on a guy just because he didn't mirror AP's progression...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Wallbash  I respect your enthusiasm for being correct about something, but this is precisely why 90% of the board flames you constantly.

Even if you're right, there's no reason to essentially post "I told you so".

"A lion never roars after its first kill"

Or second, or third, for that matter.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote: Wallbash  I respect your enthusiasm for being correct about something, but this is precisely why 90% of the board flames you constantly.

Even if you're right, there's no reason to essentially post "I told you so".

"A lion never roars after its first kill"

Or second, or third, for that matter.
But, but i twyed to tell dem but dey wouldn't  be-weeve me!!!    (despite 17 other posters saying the exact same thing a week earlier) 

Rinse and repeat

so tired

Jennings = average

Huh

Quote:Of course its coaching. The Jags assistant coaching staff sucks and has sucked for years now. The only good assistant that consistently develops the young players is Jerry Sullivan. 
Coaches like Sullivan don't grow on trees, you know. There's only a few position coaches of his caliber in the league. You're never gonna see a coaching staff loaded with guys like Sullivan/Marinelli etc

And if this coaching staff is sooo bad, why are we seeing improvement especially with young players since the bye week?

passed his concussion tests, seems to be ready to go for this week.

Quote:Glad to see him having success in Oakland. Felt like he had a lot of potential but just never put it together here.

He didnt have as good of an Offensive line nor the reps to prove himself, but I am happy to see him doing well elsewhere but felt the franchise did the right thing then.