Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lets take a look at our Offense and Defense for next season

Quote:i dont understand the anger hate, he may not have been worth a 3rd round pick but hes a good punter.
I can't believe 7 out of 21 posts on this topic are related to the punter...oops, I'm guilty also, darnit!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:i dont understand the anger hate, he may not have been worth a 3rd round pick but hes a good punter.

I don't hate BA, but he hasn't been good, he rarely pins the opposing offense deep because he struggles to kick directionally, he also often out kicks his coverage unit. Now I will say this, he was a lot better last week against the Titans, hopefully that’s a sign of good things to come.

Quote:I don't hate BA, but he hasn't been good, he rarely pins the opposing offense deep because he struggles to kick directionally, he also often out kicks his coverage unit. Now I will say this, he was a lot better last week against the Titans, hopefully that’s a sign of good things to come.
I griped about Anger in the game day thread a few days ago  when 2 of his punts went into the end zone.

Then he kicked the next  3 inside the 20 - two of which were actually great punts.   So - while he hasn't been lights out - and will never live up to his 3rd round status - he came up big vs. the Titans by setting up that safety.  

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM by HolsterHusto.)

My dream draft would be:

1st - Teddy

2nd - Khalil Mack

3rd - Dominique Easley

4th - Bryan Stork

4th - Devante Parker

Then pickup a LG, RB, QB, LB, and TE in the FA.

QB - Teddy/FA

RB - FA/Toddman/Robinson/MJD?

FB - Pryor

WR - Shorts/Brown/Sanders

WR - Blackmon*/Parker/Burton

TE - Lewis/Harbor/FA

LT - Joeckel/Bradfield

LG - FA/Brewster

C - Stork

RG - Uche

RT - Pazstor

LEO- Mack/Branch

DT - Marks/Miller/Brandon

DE - Easley/Alualu

OLB - FA/Allen/Hayes

MLB - Poz/Reynolds

CB - Gratz/Ball/Blackmon/Harris/McCray

FS - Evans/Guy

SS - Cyp/Pros

K - Scobee

P - Anger

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 02:36 PM by JagsQuest.)

10 out  of 25. Can we get to 50% on BA?

Quote:10 out  of 25. Can we get to 50% on BA?
looking at angers scouting reports, he was projected as a 3-4 round pick lol

his current stats for the season, he is top 10 in net, avg and return avg.  hes middle of the pack at 15 in20 and 4 tb.

stats may not tell the whole story but those are above avg stats for a punter. i cant believe we are talking about a punter lol

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 03:03 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:looking at angers scouting reports, he was projected as a 3-4 round pick lol

his current stats for the season, he is top 10 in net, avg and return avg.  hes middle of the pack at 15 in20 and 4 tb.

stats may not tell the whole story but those are above avg stats for a punter. i cant believe we are talking about a punter lol
Great observation Heero! 12 out of 27! Let's do this!!!! BA all the way!

The only guys on this team who are locks to return as of now are:

Gratz, Cyprien and Evans in the secondary

Poz, Reynolds and Hayes at linebacker

Marks on the d. line.

Total of 7 on defense with Blackmon, Ball and Allen also likely to return.

On offense, I like the following to return:

Todman and Robinson at running back.

Shorts, Blackmon, Sanders and Brown at receiver

Joeckel, Pastor, Uche on o. line

Lewis and Harbor at T.E.

Total of 11 on offense.  I'd probably bring back Bradfield and Henne as backups.

Keep Anger and Scobee.

That being said, the offseason needs to focus on the following in order of importance,

1. Draft franchise q.b. in round 1. Hopefully Bridgewater or Manziel (if they win a few more games and Bridgewater is gone).

2. Pass rushing stud. If impact free agent in prime is available, I'd pay him (i.e. Michael Johnson). Also draft a guy in 2nd or 3rd round.

3. Offensive line depth- Need at least a new center and guard to start and developmental player to add at back end of the draft. Draft someone in the 3rd and pay free agent.

4. Quality run stopper to pair with Marks.

That's my prediction for next year. This team would be an improvement, however still would need one additional year to contend with Indy for the division.

Just get a quarterback…draft 7 of them if you have to.  Get the quarterback

Gene's Myth

So how many spots total do you see thats up in the air? 7?

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 07:00 PM by rolljagsroll.)

Lets just remember that Jed Fisch is the devil and will ruin any qb we get. Anyone who goes 5 wide with and empty back field on the 3 with mjd is mentally ill.   No one may want to hear this  but clowney is a once a decade talent. He will be a hall of famer and he cant get triple teamed in the nfl every down like at SC.  Johnny football will fill some seats too.

When you look at guys who are guaranteed (in red) to be here next year position by position, its a pretty small and sorry list.

QB - (Obviously)

RB - Robinson (MJD is done, everyone else is just a guy). 

WR - Shorts (Blackmon is a ? and at the moment everyone else is just a guy)

TE -  (Lewis make to much money to be irreverent, everyone else is just a guy)

OL - Joeckel, Paztor, Nwarnari (Everyone else sucks, is old or is just a guy)

DE - (Everyone is either old, expensive or just a guy)

DT - Marks (everyone else is just a guy)

LB - Allen (Poz is expensive and everyone else is just a guy)

DB - Gratz, Blackmon, Cyprian, Evans (everyone else is just a guy)

ST - Scobbe, Anger

I count 13 guys who will definitely be here next year. I think a few like Branch, Todman, Harris, Prosinski, Brown, Miller, Hayes, Brewster and a few others will be back because we have too many holes but none of them are guaranteed by any stretch.

For us to be in any way competitive we definitely need at least a new QB, RB, DE, DT.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:For us to be in any way competitive we definitely need at least a new QB, RB, DE, DT.
Also, C and LG.

Quote:Also, C and LG.

Long term yes, short term if we can fill those 4 (and we should be in a decent position to do so) we could be a middle of the pack team.

Quote:Long term yes, short term if we can fill those 4 (and we should be in a decent position to do so) we could be a middle of the pack team.

I think C and LG have to outweigh RB on the list of needs.  No one is going to be able to run effectively behind this line enough to achieve proper balance on offense. 

Even if it's just mid-tier free agents - those positions have to be upgraded.  Heck - they won't have a choice at center since it's hard to imagine Meester not retiring. Brewster isn't an option IMO.  He's been worse than Rackley at LG and I wasn't sure that was possible.  

---------------------------------------------------------

For the record  - I think the Jags must address QB, DE, C, DT, LG to be competitive.  I believe upgrades at those positions would change things radically.

Two starting-caliber rookies and 3 free agents would do it.   

Quote:We do not know that yet. Well, lemme put it this way....we do not know that we will have the RIGHT QB yet for next season....I mean, this team could easily blow this thing and miss out on Bridgewater and end up with a bum like Carr or Mariota and there will be the false assumption that "we have our QB" heading into next season when he's really garbage and hasn't solved anything in regards to fixing the position. 
Yeah, bums! Are you due for another forum vacation yet?

Quote:I think C and LG have to outweigh RB on the list of needs.  No one is going to be able to run effectively behind this line enough to achieve proper balance on offense. 

Even if it's just mid-tier free agents - those positions have to be upgraded.  Heck - they won't have a choice at center since it's hard to imagine Meester not retiring. Brewster isn't an option IMO.  He's been worse than Rackley at LG and I wasn't sure that was possible.  

For the record  - I think the Jags must address QB, DE, C, DT, LG to be competitive.  I believe upgrades at those positions would change things radically.

Very much agree, would rather upgrade and grab a mid-tier guy to run behind a great line, than a good back running behind a bad line!

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2013, 05:59 PM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:I think C and LG have to outweigh RB on the list of needs.  No one is going to be able to run effectively behind this line enough to achieve proper balance on offense. 

Normally I'd agree (former OL myself) but I think we have been so spoiled by great RBs that when we see have RBs that suck we assume its the OL who have picked up their play the last few games and the RBs have still struggled. The other reason I picked RB, is because its traditionally pretty easy to find a guy in the draft compared to OL who usually take a few years.

Unless the QB we pick is an instant all-pro though we are a few years away whatever way you look at it.

Quote:Normally I'd agree (former OL myself) but I think we have been so spoiled by great RBs that when we see have RBs that suck we assume its the OL who have picked up their play the last few games and the RBs have still struggled. The other reason I picked RB, is because its traditionally pretty easy to find a guy in the draft compared to OL who usually take a few years.

Unless the QB we pick is an instant all-pro though we are a few years away whatever way you look at it.
I think they'll add a RB to the mix one way or the other - and I'd like to see them do so.  I just don't think they should do it before the 4th round unless someone they rate very, very high falls to their 3rd round pick.  With the pass protection still suspect and the amount of contact in the backfield on running downs - I feel like the line gets a little more priority. 

It's nitpicking to prioritize these needs anyway - especially when the team has so many of them.  With all of the variables that exist in free agency and the draft and the myriad of ways Caldwell might find players he values within them  -  we can only hope he upgrades as many positions as possible.  Here's hoping it includes RB and interior O-line regardless of order.