Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
City approves scoreboard funding for Everbank

I think this is gonna be awesome. Glad they approved it. This team is getting a brand new identity next season, the stadium now too Smile
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Many of us are wondering if our seats will be impacted. 

Good point. Have they not said what rows/sections will be impacted? I assume the "Honor Rows" are gone. And with removing seats the tarp will be gone.

Quote:Good point. Have they not said what rows/sections will be impacted? I assume the "Honor Rows" are gone. And with removing seats the tarp will be gone.
Not yet.  The entire 300 section of the NEZ will go away, but we don't know how much of the 200s will be carved out to make room for this new deck.  Hopefully it only impacts the areas that are tarped at the top of the section.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Irony is great. Jags get record setting " score" boards.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Not yet. The entire 300 section of the NEZ will go away, but we don't know how much of the 200s will be carved out to make room for this new deck. Hopefully it only impacts the areas that are tarped at the top of the section.
We'll know soon. Construction starts soon after the Gator Bowl.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Love it !!!  Great news for the Jags and the City.

Quote:We'll know soon. Construction starts soon after the Gator Bowl.

Right now, the bowl prediction has Auburn vs Michigan in the Gator Bowl.  That would be incredible to get those 2 historical teams here.  I don't want Miss State.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 03:38 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I'm just repeating what was said. I think it looks nice on TV, anyway...lol.

Although it probably would look better if they painted the seats in the bold gold color rather than teal. 

You could always make an away trip and see for yourself.  You have been a fan how long?  You should probably refrain from giving an opinion on this until you see the stadium first hand.

Quote:We'll know soon. Construction starts soon after the Gator Bowl.

I would imagine now that the project is funded, those people who are impacted by the upgrades will be notified.  I love my seats, and I'm pretty confident mine won't be impacted, and will actually be improved by the changes that are coming.  We'll see soon enough.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It always makes me laugh when people have no clue what they are talking about chime in with info they "heard" from someone else.  I for one am excited to see the new changes to the stadium. I personally think the Jags have done a much better job on the Gameday experience this season and there is a lot to see/do for fans that are willing to go the games. If we could just improve the product on the field, we may have something special.

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Quote:Yeah, I have been down at the stadium in the offseason before.....down Bay st (the one with the paws painted),,,,,and I agree, there seems to be untapped potential there that could be developed into a bar/ party/ restaurant/ entertainment zone. 

There is an entertainment district and it's called The Elbow. It includes bars, restaurants, art galleries, music venues and clubs. Burro Bar, Casa Dora, 1904 Music Hall, Dos Gatos, The Florida Theatre, Swagsonville, Northstar Substation and Underbelly. All featuring great music acts or good times on any given night. Also close by are TSI, Mark's, Dive Bar, The Landing and more.

This place really comes alive. Anyone who actually goes out Downtown would know this.

I'm tired of people saying there's nothing to do in Jacksonville. There is. You just need to go out and do it.

@OnGuardJax

Not to mention the collection of bars in and around the Sports Complex. People would rather complain than go out and enjoy what we are already blessed with...smh...

BTW this is GOOD NEWS for Jax and people are spinning it to be negative because they are uncomfortable with being happy about something.

@OnGuardJax

Quote:There is an entertainment district and it's called The Elbow. It includes bars, restaurants, art galleries, music venues and clubs. Burro Bar, Casa Dora, 1904 Music Hall, Dos Gatos, The Florida Theatre, Swagsonville, Northstar Substation and Underbelly. All featuring great music acts or good times on any given night. Also close by are TSI, Mark's, Dive Bar, The Landing and more.

This place really comes alive. Anyone who actually goes out Downtown would know this.

I'm tired of people saying there's nothing to do in Jacksonville. There is. You just need to go out and do it.
This ^ 

I've had some great nights out downtown on my past several visits home to Jacksonville.  It seems to be slowly burgeoning to me.  It's very well beyond what it was in 2002 when I moved to NYC. 

From WOKV on Twitter:

"<b>Stephanie Brown</b> @NewsAndNom

<p class="">I'm finding out some new games could be around the corner w/ #EverBank improvements... working on that story now!"

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class=""> 

<p class="">So, then. 

On Wisconsin.

Quote:From WOKV on Twitter:

"<a class="bbc_url" href='http://twitter.com/NewsAndNom'>Stephanie Brown @NewsAndNom</a>

I'm finding out some new games could be around the corner w/ <a class="bbc_url" href='http://twitter.com/search?q=%23EverBank'>#EverBank</a> improvements... working on that story now!"

So, then.

Awesome. Interested to hear what that is.

Quote:From WOKV on Twitter:

"<b>Stephanie Brown</b> @NewsAndNom

I'm finding out some new games could be around the corner w/ #EverBank improvements... working on that story now!"

So, then. 

Rick Catlett has been working on trying to secure teams for a neutral site game that is more than just a one time shot similar to the Florida/Georgia game for a while now.  They've had some opportunities in the past like the FSU / Alabama game years ago.  He was on with one of the local shows recently and made mention of the fact that they are close to announcing something on that front. 

Plus, they're looking at hosting more events like soccer that draw large crowds. 

Quote:It always makes me laugh when people have no clue what they are talking about chime in with info they "heard" from someone else.  I for one am excited to see the new changes to the stadium. I personally think the Jags have done a much better job on the Gameday experience this season and there is a lot to see/do for fans that are willing to go the games. If we could just improve the product on the field, we may have something special.
There are two things Shad Khan has proven he's much more creative with than Wayne Weaver:

1. Finding ways to improve the gameday experience
  2. Finding new resources to help improve the bottom line for the team
That's not as much a knock on Weaver as it's a sign of how much deeper Khan's pockets are in general.  He has more resources he can tap into to make things happen, and it's clear over the past year or so that he's more than willing to use them to try to help turn things around for the team.  Some things are not as wildly popular as others, but the guy can't be faulted for at least being a lot more open to trying different things.

We've seen improvements in the overall quality of entertainment inside the stadium despite a lousy team, and we're seeing the Jaguars picking up several sponsorships that enhance the footprint locally, including snagging a really big deal with the regional Ford dealers.  We're seeing players doing more commercials, and getting out into the community more.  Clearly, Khan recognizes what he needs to do to help broaden the fan base.  Imagine what it will be like when they finally put a winning product on the field?  It can only get better.  His goal from day 1 has been to make them the hottest ticket in town.  Hopefully that includes a winning team.

Quote:Everbank is a world class facility. Why do you say we cannot host these events? The Citrus bowl expects to compete for the BCS after it's 200 million reno and it still will not be the facility that Jax municipal is.

I disagree with your lack of proximity claim. Clemson and Miami are perfect regarding proximity. Also, if we do land a permanent FSU tilt it will have to be a conference rival not a team like Florida.
The Citrus Bowl is in a much seedier part of town than Everbank is in my opinion. I consider it wasted money to renovate that thing, always worry about parking my car whenever I have been there.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:The Citrus Bowl is in a much seedier part of town than Everbank is in my opinion. I consider it wasted money to renovate that thing, always worry about parking my car whenever I have been there.
Seedy can be good sometimes.. It can add an extra spice to life.. Can lead to crabs too, but they make mini combs for that..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Just don't pay for a new stadium. Don't do it Jacksonville. Don't ever do it. 
Yep, extortion at its finest there...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Seedy can be good sometimes.. It can add an extra spice to life.. Can lead to crabs too, but they make mini combs for that..
Lol, yeah, well they don't make combs that get your car back when its jacked.