Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OSU WR, "I think we'd wipe the field with both of them."

Quote:What was he supposed to say?  "Oh no, no, no, we don't want no part of those teams?"  If a player on any team didn't think his team could win I wouldn't want him on my team.  
No, he should feel free to say what he wants, and people can react how they see fit. Just so happens some think he is a bit loony.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What was he supposed to say? "Oh no, no, no, we don't want no part of those teams?" If a player on any team didn't think his team could win I wouldn't want him on my team.

This. Even though the player is most likely wrong,, he's definitely got the confidence and swagger of a WR that plays for an undefeated team.

That is exactly what you want in a player. Props to him!

Quote:You should change your avatar to Ohio State's block O. Sometimes I think you are an undercover Buckeyes fan.
Sorry to disappoint you JW, but I didn't go to OSU I went to OU.  I have never owned so much as a shirt or a hat from that university.  In fact I spent last evening watching and cursing the Buckeyes as they beat my Bobcats in basketball.  

As for my posting in this thread I would have defended a WR out of Baylor or any other school for making the same statement.  This just happened to be about a Buckeye player.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

HAHAHAHAAAA the young man is funny if he actually thinks this. I hope it helps him get motivated to think it, but I wouldn't put any money on it if I were him. What a good laugh. I needed that.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:HAHAHAHAAAA the young man is funny if he actually thinks this. I hope it helps him get motivated to think it, but I wouldn't put any money on it if I were him. What a good laugh. I needed that.

I don't think he is putting his money on it.

Quote:I don't think he is putting his money on it.
Good thing.

;

Quote:So you think nobody else can blow out Ohio State? Wonderful. The fewer teams there are that can blow out Ohio State, the better.

I don't know what makes you think we won't hear anything from the Buckeyes for a while. If they lose a BCS game again, that will not stop them from going undefeated in 2014.

It's increasingly likely we will see two undefeated seasons in a row, if we don't make the NC game.

Then there's the serious possibility of -dare I say it- three in a row.

Quote:HAHAHAHAAAA the young man is funny if he actually thinks this. I hope it helps him get motivated to think it, but I wouldn't put any money on it if I were him. What a good laugh. I needed that.
Umm he plays for a team that has not lost in 2 years, why is it funny that he thinks his team will beat other top teams? Should he have said it, No but he should expect his team to win all games.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:It's increasingly likely we will see two undefeated seasons in a row, if we don't make the NC game.

Then there's the serious possibility of -dare I say it- three in a row.
I think if Ohio St. goes undefeated next season they get in the playoff.

;

Quote:And if you amended that stat to show opponents ranked in the top 25, what would they say?

Somehow it's Ohio State's fault that all their opponents haven't been able to climb into the top 10? (Seeing as they would have fallen out of the top 10 after losing to Ohio State anyway , I fail to see how it matters)

Next year when there's a playoff format, and your sec schools will have to beat Ohio State to advance, you will see first hand - This isn't Tressel's Ohio State anymore.
LOL when you play Akron, Buffalo and Ohio pretty safe they won't be in the top 10!!  They have no control over how weak the conferenc is.....but they do nothing out of conference to help their SOS.  They will get buried next year in the playoff..if they make it. When you play a soft easy schedule you are ill prepared to play teams with talent and speed. 

Quote:Because he was expressing confidence in his team's ability to win and sharing an opinion that is optimistic. A brain-damaged person suffers depression and has a fear of the future.
Ron White says a brain damaged person eats crayons and rolls their poop into little balls.

ARE YOU CALLING RON WHITE A LIAR?!!!???!!!

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:10 PM by copycat.)

Quote:LOL when you play Akron, Buffalo and Ohio pretty safe they won't be in the top 10!!  They have no control over how weak the conferenc is.....but they do nothing out of conference to help their SOS.  They will get buried next year in the playoff..if they make it. When you play a soft easy schedule you are ill prepared to play teams with talent and speed. 
 'Scuse me!  OSU did not played Ohio this year.  Get your facts straight.  For the record they did not play Akron either.  As for Buffalo, you got that one right.  Speaking of Buffalo had you checked, Buffalo is a decent mid major team this year sitting at 8-3 with 2 of those losses to Ohio State and Baylor.  Furthermore, while I am on my MAC soapbox (because this post is not about Ohio State) Ohio would give Florida all they want this year.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote: 'Scuse me!  OSU did not played Ohio this year.  Get your facts straight.  For the record they did not play Akron either.  As for Buffalo, you got that one right.  Speaking of Buffalo had you checked, Buffalo is a decent mid major team this year sitting at 8-3 with 2 of those losses to Ohio State and Baylor.  Furthermore, while I am on my MAC soapbox (because this post is not about Ohio State) Ohio would give Florida all they want this year.
My original post is OSU has played no one in the top 10 during the regular season since September of 2009.  Ohio may be a good football school..but have they ever been in the top ten? That is the point I was making. In the interest of accuracy OSU played Forida A&M, SDSU, CAL and Buffalo  I guess I am just used to seing the mighty buckeyes early schedule full of MAC teams.  Again while Buffalo may be a good mid-major they are not the school you play to increase your SOS..especially in a conference that is overall fairly week.

Lastly giving UF all they want is not very difficult this year!   OBTW you are most certainly excused.

Quote:My original post is OSU has played no one in the top 10 during the regular season since September of 2009.  Ohio may be a good football school..but have they ever been in the top ten? That is the point I was making. In the interest of accuracy OSU played Forida A&M, SDSU, CAL and Buffalo  I guess I am just used to seing the mighty buckeyes early schedule full of MAC teams.  Again while Buffalo may be a good mid-major they are not the school you play to increase your SOS..especially in a conference that is overall fairly week.

Lastly giving UF all they want is not very difficult this year!   OBTW you are most certainly excused.
Thank you!   Smile

On a side note, is it just me or does it seem that there is a rise in all the mid-major conferences the last few years?  It is also my belief that not only is the Big 10 down but so is the SEC and at the same time some non-traditional schools in all the major conferences are on the rise.  This discussion  might deserve it's own thread.  

Quote:Why is he apologizing again? 

Thank you.  I was wondering the same.

So what, he stated that he thought they'd crush both Bama and FSU -- what is wrong with that.

Quote:Thank you!   Smile

On a side note, is it just me or does it seem that there is a rise in all the mid-major conferences the last few years?  It is also my belief that not only is the Big 10 down but so is the SEC and at the same time some non-traditional schools in all the major conferences are on the rise.  This discussion  might deserve it's own thread.  
I do enjoy seeing the NIU and other "mid-majors".  It is great to see the non-AQ schools play with the big boys. Most of the AQ conferences are a less strong this year...I think it makes it much more enjoayable!

Quote:Thank you.  I was wondering the same.

So what, he stated that he thought they'd crush both Bama and FSU -- what is wrong with that.
No one said there was anything wrong with it.

;

Quote:LOL when you play Akron, Buffalo and Ohio pretty safe they won't be in the top 10!  They have no control over how weak the conference is, but they do nothing out of conference to help their SOS.  They will get buried next year in the playoff..if they make it. When you play a soft easy schedule you are ill prepared to play teams with talent and speed. 

You are wrong about that. Teams schedule games several years in advance, so California-Berkley may have been a good team at the time a home and home series was arranged. People are always complaining about a weak out of conference schedule because they forget this sometimes happens. Do you know as a fact the Golden Bears were terrible at the time they scheudled a series with the Buckeyes?

About playing against the Ohio Bobcats: Ohio State tradition is to play against one other in-state school every year. That is why they do it, not because the Bobcats suck.

Quote:You are wrong about that. Teams schedule games several years in advance, so California-Berkley may have been a good team at the time a home and home series was arranged. People are always complaining about a weak out of conference schedule because they forget this sometimes happens. Do you know as a fact the Golden Bears were terrible at the time they scheudled a series with the Buckeyes?

About playing against the Ohio Bobcats: Ohio State tradition is to play against one other in-state school every year. That is why they do it, not because the Bobcats suck.

It's never easy to make your case. TOSU would have been national champions last year (facing ND as the only two undefeated teams, and winning) if not for pointless bowl ban. But I digress, when Bama loses to Auburn we will see a FSU TOSU NC.

And then let them whine about SOS.

Quote:You are wrong about that. Teams schedule games several years in advance, so California-Berkley may have been a good team at the time a home and home series was arranged. People are always complaining about a weak out of conference schedule because they forget this sometimes happens. Do you know as a fact the Golden Bears were terrible at the time they scheudled a series with the Buckeyes?

Did OSU think Buffalo or SDSU would be a national powerhouse 10 years ago??? If so they are the only one who did!! Which "trafitional" OH school did they play this year ..2 schools from CA. 1 from NY and one from FL (even if it was a substitute for a TN school). So much for the arguement they play a MAC team in OH out of a sense of tradition!!