Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has anybody thought.

If Houston was to carry on the suckfest and get a legitimate top 3 pick..and they picked clowney..

Even though jj watt has had a down year compared to last year, the prospect of these 2 lining up together makes me think we need to seriously need to protect the qb better.

I know it's unlikely as Houston will probably beat us twice. But just saying

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We still have FA and the draft.

Quote:If Houston was to carry on the suckfest and get a legitimate top 3 pick..and they picked clowney..

Even though jj watt has had a down year compared to last year, the prospect of these 2 lining up together makes me think we need to seriously need to protect the qb better.

I know it's unlikely as Houston will probably beat us twice. But just saying

That would actually be epic. Having Teddy, Clowney, and Luck in the same division for years would be sweet.

Although. Every QB in the league would soil themselves out of fear if this happened.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

That's fine with me. Try and get by with no qb Houston.

Quote:That's fine with me. Try and get by with no qb Houston.

Exactly the same thing I was thinking.

Quote:Exactly the same thing I was thinking.

Yeah they wouldn't be able to be successful with it..but at the same time if you was a qb you wouldn't be overly keen to go there

Won't be Clowney. He isn't a 3-4 end and Mario Williams couldn't make the jump from 4-3 end to 3-4 olb. They would take Barr
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Exactly the same thing I was thinking.

Case Keenum  is doing a fine job and can earn that spot next year. The young man can sure sling that ball and isn't scared to do it.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Houston needs a quarterback. If Bridgewater falls to them, I bet they'll snatch him up.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 12:15 AM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:Houston needs a quarterback. If Bridgewater falls to them, I bet they'll snatch him up.

Bridgewater won't fall past the #1 pick.

TEST

Quote:Bridgewater won't fall past the #1 pick.

That was what everyone said about Reggie Bush.

Quote:That's fine with me. Try and get by with no qb Houston.

Houston already has a QB, so even right now Houston isn't having to "try to get by with no QB". Even if we had the #1 ovrl pick I doubt we'd take bridgewater (we'd probably trade back with a team desperate for a QB and pick up multiple high picks)and I doubt we even look at a QB in the first couple of rounds. There is no slam dunk franchise QB prospect (Andrew Luck) in this draft.. but it is a deep draft so they can add a prospect later if they want to.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 09:14 PM by Trindon Holliday.)

Quote:Houston needs a quarterback. If Bridgewater falls to them, I bet they'll snatch him up.

Houston doesn't need a QB. They can add one to add competition to the position and back up.. but they don't "need one".  They have much bigger needs.. like RT, OG, ILBer, OLBer, NT..  I'm sure they'll draft a QB somewhere in the draft, but it won't be in the first round.

Quote:Houston already has a QB
[Image: orly.jpg]

Quote:Won't be Clowney. He isn't a 3-4 end and Mario Williams couldn't make the jump from 4-3 end to 3-4 olb. They would take Barr

Not true, he made the jump.. he actually excelled at the position change and was on pace for a career year before he tore his pectorial muscle and went on I.R.

If clowney is there when we pick and we did decide to take him.. and if Wade is still here. He'd be asked to do the same thing Mario was asked to do.. the same thing DeMarcus Ware was asked to do.. Strictly rush the passer, Wade doesn't even ask these guys to drop into coverage. His defense is more of a hybrid 4-3 than a conventual 3-4 defense. Clowney would have no problem playing in this defense.

Quote:[Image: orly.jpg]
[Image: Ya_rly.jpg]