Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"Killing Kennedy" on National Goegraphic Channel This Weekend

Anyone catch it? I taped it and watched it yesterday. I thought it was very well put together and done. I have always been on the fence with O'Reilly and Dugard's books, but this may get me off of it and read them. I think I will check out "Killing Kennedy", and "Killing Lincoln". They just released "Killing Jesus" as well.

Here's an article on the TV movie,"Killing Kennedy", http://tv.yahoo.com/news/killing-kennedy...30175.html

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oswald did NOT act alone

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:Oswald did NOT act alone
Maybe, maybe not.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 08:38 AM by homebiscuit.)

Quote:Anyone catch it? I taped it and watched it yesterday. I thought it was very well put together and done. I have always been on the fence with O'Reilly and Dugard's books, but this may get me off of it and read them. I think I will check out "Killing Kennedy", and "Killing Lincoln". They just released "Killing Jesus" as well.

Here's an article on the TV movie,"Killing Kennedy", <a class="bbc_url" href='http://tv.yahoo.com/news/killing-kennedy-gets-record-viewers-national-geographic-channel-200130175.html'>http://tv.yahoo.com/news/killing-kennedy-gets-record-viewers-national-geographic-channel-200130175.html</a>
I read Killing Lincoln and learned quite a few things about the events leading up to the assassination. Killing Kennedy is next on my reading list.

Quote:Oswald did NOT act alone

Yes he did.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I read Killing Lincoln and learned quite a few things about the events leading up to the assassination. Killing Kennedy is next on my reading list.

I've yet to read either.

Don't tell me how it ends!

I don't know how anybody who witnessed the Zapruder film can say with a straight face that Oswald acted alone.  A two year-old could figure it out based on simple physics and the trajectory of the shot he took to his forehead. 

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I don't know how anybody who witnessed the Zapruder film can say with a straight face that Oswald acted alone.  A two year-old could figure it out based on simple physics and the trajectory of the shot he took to his forehead. 

You know two year olds that have a grasp on simple physics?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You know two year olds that have a grasp on simple physics?
I know two year-olds that have common sense.

Quote:I know two year-olds that have common sense.

More common sense than <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lifton' title="External link">David Lifton</a>, who also happens to be an engineering physicist?

- Bob Marley

Quote:More common sense than <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lifton' title="External link">David Lifton</a>, who also happens to be an engineering physicist?
David S. Lifton (born 1939) is an American author who wrote the 1981 bestseller <i>Best Evidence: Disguise and Deception in the Assassination of John F. Kennedy</i>, a work that puts forth evidence that there was a conspiracy to assassinate John F. Kennedy.<sup>[1]</sup>

I'm confused.  He thinks there was a conspiracy and so do I.  What am I missing? 

Quote:You know two year olds that have a grasp on simple physics?

Quote:More common sense than <a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lifton' title="External link">David Lifton</a>, who also happens to be an engineering physicist?
rollerjag, I have to get this off my chest. Whenever there is something controversial, or highly debated on here, it seems like you're always the one acting as the "PC Police". Case in point, just take a look at that thread about the transgender teen on here. Why is it so wrong for someone to object to someone's sexual orientation? And the whole myth of the "Flat Earth" was debunked about 3000 years ago. Not during the Age of Enlightenment. I'll try not to go any farther on these issues.

I really am not a "Conspiracy nut", but the Kennedy assassination seems to me the most probable of them all. There's no way Oswald was the lone gunman that day. Professional marksman, and even a Navy SEAL tried to reproduce the same shot, with the same weapon, at the same height and distance, and to this day, nobody has been able to pull it off.

Quote: 

I really am not a "Conspiracy nut", but the Kennedy assassination seems to me the most probable of them all. There's no way Oswald was the lone gunman that day. Professional marksman, and even a Navy SEAL tried to reproduce the same shot, with the same weapon, at the same height and distance, and to this day, nobody has been able to pull it off.

I seem to recall a show that set up the shot as best as they could with the angles height that Oswald would have shot from and with the way the limo was set up and all that. From what I remember it all seemed to work out.

Quote:David S. Lifton (born 1939) is an American author who wrote the 1981 bestseller <i>Best Evidence: Disguise and Deception in the Assassination of John F. Kennedy</i>, a work that puts forth evidence that there was a conspiracy to assassinate John F. Kennedy.<sup>[1]</sup>

I'm confused.  He thinks there was a conspiracy and so do I.  What am I missing? 

That is probably a bad example. He was a conspiracy theorist, but he also broke down the Zapruder film and did argue that the shot in question probably came from behind, the big burst of blood in the right front side of the head being an exit wound. He used that as evidence that either the film or medical reports were altered.

Probably my irresistible PC Police urge.

Not even sure why I'm arguing the point, I believe it to be very possible that Kennedy was killed as part of a conspiracy, not just by Oswald.

- Bob Marley

6.5 × 52 mm Italian Carcano M91/38 bolt-action rifle with a six-round magazine

Nobody, and I mean Nobody, can get off 3 shots in that period of time with a bolt action rifle.

Especially that one because it had a tendency to jam.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Why does Oswald have to not be the shooter?  I think there was a conspiracy.  LBJ was probably in on it.  I still think Oswald was probably the shooter.

The only way we'll know for certain is if we get a TARDIS though.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:rollerjag, I have to get this off my chest. Whenever there is something controversial, or highly debated on here, it seems like you're always the one acting as the "PC Police". Case in point, just take a look at that thread about the transgender teen on here. Why is it so wrong for someone to object to someone's sexual orientation? And the whole myth of the "Flat Earth" was debunked about 3000 years ago. Not during the Age of Enlightenment. I'll try not to go any farther on these issues.

I try my best to be correct, politically so or not.

It is not wrong to have an opinion, my interest in the debate is whether it is right to discriminate based on that opinion.

As for the flat earth topic, I addressed your assertions in that thread. I won't rehash all of it, the fact is that there were people who believed the earth was flat in significant numbers, especially in Asia, as late as the 19th century. It was nowhere near universally "debunked" 3000 years ago.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Why does Oswald have to not be the shooter?  I think there was a conspiracy.  LBJ was probably in on it.  I still think Oswald was probably the shooter.

The only way we'll know for certain is if we get a TARDIS though.

I think he was a shooter, just not the only one. But the real question is who was behind it all?

- Bob Marley

Quote:I don't know how anybody who witnessed the Zapruder film can say with a straight face that Oswald acted alone.  A two year-old could figure it out based on simple physics and the trajectory of the shot he took to his forehead. 

You haven't read much about the assassination I take it. The Zapruder film proves no such thing. Just because it sort of looks like that doesn't mean a thing.

Quote:I think he was a shooter, just not the only one. But the real question is who was behind it all?

Why do you think they have kept the records sealed all this time? They don't want people to have more of a distrust in Government then they already have.