Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 12 Games Of Interest

Quote:Without Duke, I like Duke @ Duke.

No Duke at Duke means slap Duke at Duke, not crush Duke with Duke. 

Ya got me?

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No Duke at Duke means slap Duke at Duke, not crush Duke with Duke. 

Ya got me?

You lookin' to duke it out or somethin'?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You lookin' to duke it out or somethin'?

I'll duke you, Deac

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:I'll duke you, Deac

I'll duck your duke, and then deke one right past you.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'll duck your duke, and then deke one right past you.

Dang. You got me, I have nothin'. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Dang. You got me, I have nothin'. 

We'll always have Paris, love.

Quote:We'll always have Paris, love.

Don't you Casablanca me, son. I'll pull a Scarlett O'Hara and go all Gone with the Wind on you. 

(Yes, yes...go ahead and say it. Frankly.)

well this week Ill be headed to the land of pretentious actors, millions of illegals, and sunny beaches... Los Angeles!  And Ill be stopping by the Stanford-USC game.  never been to the Coliseum before.  Should be cool.  And personally Ive always thought the first minute and a half of the Trojans fight song was better than anyone elses.  anyways, my schools...

Vandy vs Kentucky - a win will make us bowl eligible.  Kind of bummed I wont be there but I've got to be out in LA instead.  I always love beating Kentucky.  When I arrived at Vandy we were taught to hate UT but you just naturally grow to hate the Cats.

UGA at Auburn - arguably the best game of the weekend.... UGA has been able to say that about 4 or 5 times this year.  Think it may end up a shootout.  Auburn has been a running machine.  The lack of passes theyve been throwing the last few weekends is amazing.  UGA should be able to keep pace though.

other games...

Stanford at USC - Ill rank this first since Ill be there.  Should be a good game.  unfortunately not sure ill be able to stay for hte entire thing.  But Stanford is so physical.... fun to watch since they are so different than everyone else. a month ago you would have thought the Cardinal would roll however USC has been playing great of late.  Enough to keep Coach O around for the long haul?

Michigan St at Nebraska - huge game... essentially a winner take all game for a bid to the Big10 championship game against O-H-N-O st buckeyes

Okie St at Texas - Longhorns still undefeated in conference.  Pokes with only one loss.  Another big game in the round robin of the top 4 teams.

Miami at Duke - Crazy to think Duke controls their own destiny in whatever ACC division they are in.  Not sure if thats a testament to how great a job Cutcliffe has done or how bad that division is.... maybe a little of both.

Houston at Louisville - This game would have had a lot more meaning had Houston been able to pull off the victory in Orlando last weekend.  Regardless still should be an exciting game.  And another chance for us to see how Bridgewater looks

Texas Tech at Baylor - Tech sure has fallen off a cliff these last few weeks.  Anyways they are no pushover.  Will be interesting to see if Baylor rolls over them like they have everyone else.  Theyve only had one win by less than 29 points this season... if they can continue to blow out their remaining opponents, would be tough to leave them out of the title game.

Florida at South Carolina - truth be told Im rooting for the Gators to miss a bowl game.  A loss here would almost guarantee that.

Ga Tech at Clemson - game is happening right now... Tech's slim chances of making title game are looking worse and worse as this game continues.

Oregon St at Arizona St - huge win for hte sun devils last weekend against Utah.  another sneaky hard game here.  slim lead on the Pac South.

conference races....

SEC West - still Bama's to lose.  game will come down to Iron Bowl... however that wont matter if UGA beats Auburn

SEC East - still Mizzou's to lose.  tough games against Ole Miss and Mizzou remaining.  a three way tie goes to Mizzou so SC needs another UGA loss.  best chance to happen against Auburn this weekend.

ACC whatever - FSU

ACC whatever2 - Tech getting rolled against Clemson right now. lets assume they lose.  the loser of the Miami-Duke game is probably out.  Then you are down to VaTech and the winner of Miami-Duke.  VaTech has head to head tiebreaker over Miami but they lost to Duke.  If Duke beats Miami, then you have to like their chances.  Remaining games against Wake and UNC... both teams they should beat.

Pac12 North - If Stanford beats USC, then lets give it to them... one more game left but against Cal who they will beat.  Oregon still has hope alive but they need to win out(which isnt a given OSU and at Zona) and have USC beat Stanford.

Pac12 South - HUGE win by Sun Devils at Utah last weekend.  they have one loss while UCLA and USC with two.  only game between those three so far is a St win over USC.  UCLA finishes the year with St at home and then at USC.  win those games and UCLA will play in title game.  USC needs to win out and then get a little help.  Arizona, with three losses, has an outside chance but needs ot win out (which includes a game against Oregon so will be tough)

Big 10 whatever - Ohio St.  with games against Indiana and Illinois next two weeks, theyll have clinched it before they even play the annual Michigan game.

Big 10 whatever2 - Winner of this weekends Mich St - Nebraska will probably decide it.  A win by Mich St essentially clinches it.  A win by Nebraska puts them in the drivers seat but a slip up against Penn St or Iowa would give it back to Mich St.

Big12 - Baylor got hte big win against Oklahoma last weekend which essentially ends it for the Sooners.  Big game this week between Texas and Okie St.  Baylor and Texas undefeated in conference.  Okie St with only one loss... to WVU.  Baylor, Texas, and Okie St have yet to play each so if some team can beat the other two, thatll probably be your champion.  Although if Okie St is the one that wins both, but then loses to OU, the title will probably go to the Texas/Baylor winner.

American - UCF has wins over Louisville and Houston.  Their remaining conference sched looks easy... although the home game against Rutgers could be somewhat tricky if not careful.  And dont sleep on the war on I4.  Cincy is sneaking around with only one loss but they dont play UCF.

MWC West - Fresno has essentially clinched... would have to lose twice.

MWC Mtn - Boise St and Utah St both have only one loss but Boise has the head to head tiebreaker.  They control their destiny.  Id put money on a Boise St/Fresno St championship game.  a rematch of Fresno's one point win in the Valley earlier this year.  This would definitely be a championship game worth watching.