Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Braves moving to Cobb County

Pretty stunning news out of Atlanta this morning.

My brother lives in Cobb County and this is the first time most people up there have even heard of this.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/...obb/nbpNQ/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pretty stunning news out of Atlanta this morning.

My brother lives in Cobb County and this is the first time most people up there have even heard of this.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/...obb/nbpNQ/
"knock knock knock"...

"Cousin Eddie?!?"

"Merry Christmas Clark!"

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Why?

It is surprising, considering Turner Field isn't exactly ancient. The move makes sense, though. Getting in and out of games in downtown Atlanta can be brutal, and I'm sure the man is right, that's a big reason for the franchise's attendance woes.

Hopefully, all of those stadium workers who live within walking or MARTA distance won't lose their jobs, but we know more than a few will.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Turner Field is way too big but to replace a 16 year old stadium is pretty surprising.

Would be nice if they could somehow just sell Turner Field to the Rays and move it to Tampa.

;

;

Quote:Why?

The article explains the Braves' reasons. Turner Field needs a lot of work, and accessing the stadium is not worth the trouble for too many Atlanta area residents.

- Bob Marley

I bet the Big Boss Man is happy.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM by JagsQuest.)

Quote:"knock knock knock"...

"Cousin Eddie?!?"

"Merry Christmas Clark!"
" Is that reaaalll tomato ketchup Eddie ?"

Atlanta will have 1.8 billion in new developments in 2 sports venues alone at the same time. What a powerhouse! That is one of Jacksonville's regional competitors for commerce. Unreal.

Below I have posted a video of the Falcons new home. Absolutely iconic and revolutionary and after you watch this, ask yourself if Atlanta could land the Georgia / Florida game. This is who we are competing with for championship hosting, soccer, and neutral site football games not to mention a galaxy of other entertainment events that pump millions into our economy. Approve the video boards!!!

http://bcove.me/qsllq3vg

Quote:I bet the Big Boss Man is happy.

YES! The first thing I thought of as well.

[Image: 477906-big_boss_man.jpg]

;

;

I mean...isn't this just akin to the Panthers moving to Sunrise, FL or Joe Robbie Stadium basically on the county line between Dade and Broward? 

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I understand the whole "the ball park isn't that old" standpoint, but this seems like a normal thing. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:I mean...isn't this just akin to the Panthers moving to Sunrise, FL or Joe Robbie Stadium basically on the county line between Dade and Broward? 

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I understand the whole "the ball park isn't that old" standpoint, but this seems like a normal thing. 

I think the news here is that it came out of the blue. I don't live near Atlanta, but from what I can gather there were no reports about this until now.

- Bob Marley

Quote:I think the news here is that it came out of the blue. I don't live near Atlanta, but from what I can gather there were no reports about this until now.

Oh, true. It did come out of left field

(ba dum bum). 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:YES! The first thing I thought of as well.

[Image: 477906-big_boss_man.jpg]
Cobb County Baby

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:" Is that reaaalll tomato ketchup Eddie ?"

Atlanta will have 1.8 billion in new developments in 2 sports venues alone at the same time. What a powerhouse! That is one of Jacksonville's regional competitors for commerce. Unreal.

Below I have posted a video of the Falcons new home. Absolutely iconic and revolutionary and after you watch this, ask yourself if Atlanta could land the Georgia / Florida game. This is who we are competing with for championship hosting, soccer, and neutral site football games not to mention a galaxy of other entertainment events that pump millions into our economy. Approve the video boards!!!

http://bcove.me/qsllq3vg

My guess is the city of Jacksonville would throw just about anything at UF/UGA to keep the game here. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hmmm..... let's move near the rich white population that actually buys the tickets to these Braves game.

They won't say it but that's definitely a factor.

Quote:Turner Field is way too big but to replace a 16 year old stadium is pretty surprising.

Would be nice if they could somehow just sell Turner Field to the Rays and move it to Tampa.

The ugly Tropicana dome serves a very useful purpose during the summer heat and rain squalls.

Quote:My guess is the city of Jacksonville would throw just about anything at UF/UGA to keep the game here. 
More than likely but the stakes are rising and we cannot afford to sit on our hands.

Word is now they might be changing their logo as well.

Quote:Hmmm..... let's move near the rich white population that actually buys the tickets to these Braves game.

They won't say it but that's definitely a factor.

They all but came out and said it. They had a map of their season ticket base. Most are north of the city, where the new stadium will be.

Quote:It is surprising, considering Turner Field isn't exactly ancient. The move makes sense, though. Getting in and out of games in downtown Atlanta can be brutal, and I'm sure the man is right, that's a big reason for the franchise's attendance woes.

Hopefully, all of those stadium workers who live within walking or MARTA distance won't lose their jobs, but we know more than a few will.

The area around TF started really going downhill a few years after the Braves moved in.

I went to probably 2 or 3 series and parked about 2 miles away from the stadium. If you asked me the Braves made a mistake putting the ballpark there when most of the STH's live north of the city.

Off topic- I brought this up in an thread about Everbank field and the Jaguars future in Jacksonville on the old board. If it gets to the point where the Jaguars  consider building a new stadium, it should be located near the East 295/ 95 Loop or even in St. Johns County.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote: If it gets to the point where the Jaguars  consider building a new stadium, it should be located near the East 295/ 95 Loop or even in St. Johns County.
Why?  What's wrong with the stadium location? 

That makes no sense.  The city is trying to bring people back to downtown and Khan's real estate trust is building a boutique hotel there.   It isn't difficult to get there when all the bridges are open.