Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Last of Us Part 2

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 10:43 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:It's a neat system if your internet connection is capable to really use it. Since it streams the games instead of downloading them, I believe you need at least of 5mbs upload speed to really play seamlessly.

Basic Brighthouse in FL is around 3 I believe
I haz 240mbs boiii.

Edit: Sorry 12 mbs of upload speed so I should be okay

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm on 150 down, 15 up right now. 

Quote:A good question.

It isn't an open world type of game.

It is a survival/horror type game like the other guy indicated.

You end up scavenging for weapons like Dead Island or far Cry 3.  Great Story telling.  Comparable in quality to the Uncharted series, only darker. 

But emotionally it's far more...taxing...than any game I've ever played.  When you're done with it, you feel as though you earned every inch, with one minor exception.  There are plenty of scenes and scenarios that absolutely drop your jaw.

Here is the Intro to the game.  It is about 15 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gk-QXZkUL8

Is it on par with Resident Evil on the hardest mode, where if you waste resources you might as well rewind to a previous save point because you'll never finish?

Also by scavenging... I take it you may be required to combine/build/repair items, or at least find items and only later are able to find ammo for it?

And as save points go - is it like the original Tomb Raider where you're somewhat limited in save points, or are you open to saving most anytime?

Sorry, I could probably look this up myself but you guys seem well versed and I value the opinions.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Pirkster,

I can't speak to Red Dead, but some foes in TLOU cannot be killed in hand to hand combat or even with handguns.  You will need something far more powerful to kill them, so it is to your advantage to scavenge.  Even those enemies you can kill in hand to hand combat can overwhelm you with numbers, so it is to your advantage to scavenge ammo or other items that may help you dispose of them more efficiently.  Some items can "level you up" so to speak, so as to improve your abilities in given areas.  Finally, some items make the quest more interesting.

You can combine items to make better items. You have to assemble med packs, for instance.

You seem to be able to save at any point.  I do not recall much lost progress.

The intro provides a decent overview of some of the kinds of foes you will face, and some of the emotion that is packed in the game.  If you have not watched it, I strongly recommend to do so.  If you have, whaddya think?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think I'll be picking up the remaster for PS4 Smile

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:I think I'll be picking up the remaster for PS4 Smile

Thanks for the comments.

Great choice. You will not be disappointed
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2016, 06:57 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Great choice. You will not be disappointed
Agreed.  I did not want to put the controller down.  Only when I got stuck/frustrated at a spot did I want to put it down. 

There were so many "novel" concepts for me, so many realistic scenarios/dialogues, it would be hard for me to nail down a favorite part/parts.

The Bill part, especially when you first meet him, the Pittsburgh issues, and the "meal" they offer you later were my faves.

Quote:Bioshock and Mass Effect are probably the closest of the current gen games to those, but I can't think of anything else recently that touches them.

FFVII and FFVIII are the two best stories I've ever seen. Even better than TLOU in my opinion. As much as I love 7, I think 8 gets the nod there as well.

To be honest, mid/late 90s and early 2000s were the Golden Age of gaming stories. Pick up any RPG from the time and you'll never be disappointed

FFVII

FFVIII

FFIX

FFX

Legend of Dragoon

Xenosaga

Diablo

Fallout

Zelda

Star Ocean

Elder Scrolls

Knights of the Old Republic

I'm sure I missed a bunch. Man, there were some amazing games back then. I think developers are starting to get back to story instead of solely relying on graphics. Everything looks good now, it all got so involved with multiplayer, we got away from strong story lines. I think we're finally starting to get back to it.

We've got similar tastes man. I grew up in the 90s and got hooked on Zelda and the Final Fantasy series in general. Diablo is awesome as a series. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are addictive as well as far as series go. LoD was great too. I also liked Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross and then when I got the Dreamcast I discovered Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II and also Record of Lodoss War which was basically a Diablo like game with better graphics but a Japan role playing feel to it. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:We've got similar tastes man. I grew up in the 90s and got hooked on Zelda and the Final Fantasy series in general. Diablo is awesome as a series. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are addictive as well as far as series go. LoD was great too. I also liked Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross and then when I got the Dreamcast I discovered Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II and also Record of Lodoss War which was basically a Diablo like game with better graphics but a Japan role playing feel to it. 
I remember playing the first Fallout on PC.

That was a great game.

So Pirkster,

update us.

Did you get TLOU yet and have you started playing?

How far have you gotten?

Quote:So Pirkster,

update us.

Did you get TLOU yet and have you started playing?

How far have you gotten?
It's been five days. He should have been so sucked in that he binged the whole game in 2 sittings.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It's been five days. He should have been so sucked in that he binged the whole game in 2 sittings.
Assuming no frustrating parts he couldn't get through, I could see that.

Ha!

Unfortunately real life isn't nearly as interesting as fiction in this case.

I've been unable to get to it due to being slammed with work before the holidays.  May fire it up tonight if I'm lucky.

Just about to play the last of us for the first time.

Quote:Just about to play the last of us for the first time.

It won't be the last time
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It won't be the last time

I'm hooked. Its intense.

Quote:I'm hooked. Its intense.

Where are you now?

Quote:Where are you now?

Just took down Robert. Still early days.

Quote:I'm hooked. Its intense.

As of your last post, you hadn't seen anything close to intense yet.

Quote:As of your last post, you hadn't seen anything close to intense yet.

Yup. Man I have a stack of games to get through and now I just want to play this again lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS