Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel is not an NFL QB. He is Tim Tebow/Vince Young 2.0.

Mittens is living up to his namesakes reputation. Make up categorically fraudulent nonsense to attempt to prove arguments he pulled out of his butt correct. 

I hope sir, you are not a company in a decision making capacity, if so, let me know which so I can sell my shares immediately

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

WOW...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

From what I have seen, Manziel is a rare competitor. The higher the stakes, the better he performs. He is improving as a pocket passer. He has developed more patience. When scrambling, he a pass first, run second quarterback. He has great variety in his passes. He can throw a mid-range dart. And I've seen him throw sweet deep balls with trajectory and touch. He has plenty of arm for the NFL. He creates chaos in the opposing secondary by extending the play and allowing his receivers to break free from coverage. He lays it all on the line for his team and I've seen him drive his team for a score when it was clear, at one point, he could hardly raise his arm over his head. In the loss to Alabama this year, he gutted a Nick Saben defense for 562 total yards. Are you freaking kidding me? If A&M only had a defense, they would have beaten them a second time. Having said this, if we get top pick, I want Bridgewater. But if not.....give me Clowney or trade back a few spots, if possible, and get Manziel.

Quote:From what I have seen, Manziel is a rare competitor. The higher the stakes, the better he performs. He is improving as a pocket passer. He has developed more patience. When scrambling, he a pass first, run second quarterback. He has great variety in his passes. He can throw a mid-range dart. And I've seen him throw sweet deep balls with trajectory and touch. He has plenty of arm for the NFL. He creates chaos in the opposing secondary by extending the play and allowing his receivers to break free from coverage. He lays it all on the line for his team and I've seen him drive his team for a score when it was clear, at one point, he could hardly raise his arm over his head. In the loss to Alabama this year, he gutted a Nick Saben defense for 562 total yards. Are you freaking kidding me? If A&M only had a defense, they would have beaten them a second time. Having said this, if we get top pick, I want Bridgewater. But if not.....give me Clowney or trade back a few spots, if possible, and get Manziel.

These are the two best scenarios IMO.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

The thought of a 5'10, mediocre-armed scrambler transitioning from an Air Raid to a pro-style offense after playing with arguably the best pass protection and some of the best receivers in college football over the last two years is a pretty scary thought.

Quote:From what I have seen, Manziel is a rare competitor. The higher the stakes, the better he performs. He is improving as a pocket passer. He has developed more patience. When scrambling, he a pass first, run second quarterback. He has great variety in his passes. He can throw a mid-range dart. And I've seen him throw sweet deep balls with trajectory and touch. He has plenty of arm for the NFL. He creates chaos in the opposing secondary by extending the play and allowing his receivers to break free from coverage. He lays it all on the line for his team and I've seen him drive his team for a score when it was clear, at one point, he could hardly raise his arm over his head. In the loss to Alabama this year, he gutted a Nick Saben defense for 562 total yards. Are you freaking kidding me? If A&M only had a defense, they would have beaten them a second time. Having said this, if we get top pick, I want Bridgewater. But if not.....give me Clowney or trade back a few spots, if possible, and get Manziel.

This is what I mean when I compare Manziel to Tebow. In your comment, if you replaced Manziel's name with Tebow and took out the part about Bama, you wouldn't know the difference.

Manziel didn't "gut" Bama's defense, Mike Evans did. Mike Evans carried Manziel that game and if it wasn't for Evans, A&M would've gotten completely blown out. The game was on the verge of a blowout until Yeldon fumbled at the goal line. And let's not forget Manziel's INT at the 1 yard line on that poorly thrown fade pass. 

Quote:The thought of a 5'10, mediocre-armed scrambler transitioning from an Air Raid to a pro-style offense after playing with arguably the best pass protection and some of the best receivers in college football over the last two years is a pretty scary thought.

But... But.... He's a winner!

Quote:This is what I mean when I compare Manziel to Tebow. In your comment, if you replaced Manziel's name with Tebow and took out the part about Bama, you wouldn't know the difference.

Manziel didn't "gut" Bama's defense, Mike Evans did. Mike Evans carried Manziel that game and if it wasn't for Evans, A&M would've gotten completely blown out. The game was on the verge of a blowout until Yeldon fumbled at the goal line. And let's not forget Manziel's INT at the 1 yard line on that poorly thrown fade pass.

With all due respect, although Evans had a good game, he accounted for one score. Manziel spread out passes to 10 different receivers that game. Nick Saben himself went to Manziel (not Evans) and thanked him for the near heart attack. I also disagree with the Tebow comparrison. Tim can't pass or go thru his progressions like Johnny can. Everyone talks about Johnny's height. In 2 more months, he'll be 5'6. No one is talking about his foot size. The boy has like size 15 feet. Unusually big for someone his size. That may be the reason, he can stop and change direction on a dime. Also, with the fade pass, the rookie never competed for the ball. Bad decision to go to the rookie in that situation. That was a momentum changer. Anyway, in my humble opinion, he will be the 2nd quarterback off the board. And deservedly so.

Quote:With all due respect, although Evans had a good game, he accounted for one score. Manziel spread out passes to 10 different receivers that game. Nick Saben himself went to Manziel (not Evans) and thanked him for the near heart attack. I also disagree with the Tebow comparrison. Tim can't pass or go thru his progressions like Johnny can. Everyone talks about Johnny's height. In 2 more months, he'll be 5'6. No one is talking about his foot size. The boy has like size 15 feet. Unusually big for someone his size. That may be the reason, he can stop and change direction on a dime. Also, with the fade pass, the rookie never competed for the ball. Bad decision to go to the rookie in that situation. That was a momentum changer. Anyway, in my humble opinion, he will be the 2nd quarterback off the board. And deservedly so.
Go back and watch the cut up of the game that I posted a page back. I even showed how fluky the first drive for Manziel was, where he lucked into 60 yards of passing because of Alabama's terrible CB and Mike Evans bailing him out. Also he was lucky not to get killed on the very first run. That continued for a large portion of the day. Taking away the jump balls to Evans and the quick flats/screens and Manziel made about 5 throws out of his 39 that will translate to Sunday success. 

Quote:With all due respect, although Evans had a good game, he accounted for one score. Manziel spread out passes to 10 different receivers that game. Nick Saben himself went to Manziel (not Evans) and thanked him for the near heart attack. I also disagree with the Tebow comparrison. Tim can't pass or go thru his progressions like Johnny can. Everyone talks about Johnny's height. In 2 more months, he'll be 5'6. No one is talking about his foot size. The boy has like size 15 feet. Unusually big for someone his size. That may be the reason, he can stop and change direction on a dime. Also, with the fade pass, the rookie never competed for the ball. Bad decision to go to the rookie in that situation. That was a momentum changer. Anyway, in my humble opinion, he will be the 2nd quarterback off the board. And deservedly so.

I'm sorry, but if you still think I am comparing Manziel and Tebow's on the field game, then there's no need to respond to you because you have the reading comprehension of a third grader.

Quote:I'm sorry, but if you still think I am comparing Manziel and Tebow's on the field game, then there's no need to respond to you because you have the reading comprehension of a tacks fan.

Fixed.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:The thought of a 5'10, mediocre-armed scrambler transitioning from an Air Raid to a pro-style offense after playing with arguably the best pass protection and some of the best receivers in college football over the last two years is a pretty scary thought.

/ thread. This post needed to be on the first page and the mods should have just locked it after that. We would play the Texans,Seahawks,Bears etc and need a new QB to replace the broken one they would leave shattered on the turf after his first Jack Sparrow esque scramble. 

The kid has guts and moxie i'll give him that but that amounts for little more than a broken collarbone when he's facing 3rd and 6 with his receivers covered and Patrick Willis on a Qb spy waiting right at the LOS for him.Give me the QB that checks to the correct play pre-snap so his receivers arent covered and then slides in the pocket buying extra seconds without scrambling for the deep bomb when the D is blitzing. Thats not Manziel and never will be. Bridgewater on the other hand..........

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 03:49 PM by knarnn.)

What's worse?

A QB who consistently puts himself in harms way or a QB who has the ability to take himself out of the game or fumble because he doesn't know how to slide?

[Image: bridgewater1.gif]

[Image: bridgewater2.gif]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

teddy looks so thin in that gif, i hope joeckel and pasztor can hold the line or watt will eat him alive

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 04:21 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:What's worse?

A QB who consistently puts himself in harms way or a QB who has the ability to take himself out of the game or fumble because he doesn't know how to slide?

I mean, like, I get you're trying to be clever here, but it's clearly the second one. Teddy can learn to slide pretty easily but Manziel's mindset isn't going to change.

And the second gif was a fluke. He wanted to slide just like he'd be advised to.

Quote:What's worse?

Yeah, what Brandon said. Are you trying to be cute or...?

On Wisconsin.

Its much easier to correct bad sliding vs not sliding at all and just taking the hit.

Id rather my Qb slide badly and fumble vs getting rocked by a defender just to suffer a seperated throwing shoulder and STILL fumble.

Sliding is dumb.  Just get down and protect your body.  Simple as that.  This is a non-issue for both quarterbacks.

vince young 2.0 and tebow 2.0 would be good qbs

Quote:vince young 2.0 and tebow 2.0 would be good qbs

I'm holding out for version 3.1.