Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Johnny Manziel is not an NFL QB. He is Tim Tebow/Vince Young 2.0.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 12:12 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:Werent you the body composition expert that "doesnt care about height/weight"?

I bet RG3 wished he was built like Tom Brady.

Um, no? You could try not being lazy and actually check back on the mere three-dozen posts in this thread instead of asking me.

Brady was 6'5 and a pure pocket-passer. His body and skillset allowed him to bulk up to ~230. Manziel is always going to be tiny by NFL standards because of his size and skillset forcing him to keep off weight that could protect him, so posting Brady's flabby rookie picture is a bad comparison.

Andrew Luck is the most hit quarterback in the league since he entered the league. His bulk has certainly helped him excel. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He didn't say a word about them playing the same style. He said they use the same buzzwords to describe the two (playmaker, winner, just gets it done, etc.), which they do. He also said that their games don't translate to the NFL, which they don't. 

It's a bad comparison period.  

I think Manziel is a lot better prospect than Tebow. But I have noticed that alot of the Tebowners now seem to be favoriting Manziel since their chosen one is now busy selling chicken fingers.

;

;

Quote:Um, no? You could try not being lazy and actually check back on the mere three-dozen posts in this thread instead of asking me

Brady was 6'5 and a pure pocket-passer. His body and skillset allowed him to bulk up to ~230. Manziel is always going to be tiny by NFL standards because of his size and skillset forcing him to keep off weight that could protect him, so posting Brady's flabby rookie picture is a bad comparison.

Andrew Luck is the most hit quarterback in the league since he entered the league. His bulk has certainly helped him excel.
Sure his bulk has helped him. Of course it would. My point was even if you do have all the measurables, getting hurt as a running QB is prety mich inevitable. I think if Manziel could learn to better protect himself, he will be fine.

Quote:Um, no? You could try not being lazy and actually check back on the mere three-dozen posts in this thread instead of asking me.

There is no reason why Manziel cant bulk up a little bit to be built more like David Garrard was.  That is most likely what I expect to happen.  You have to remember that Manziel is only 20 years old.  He will bulk up.

Manziel 2014!

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 12:37 PM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:There is no reason why Manziel cant bulk up a little bit to be built more like David Garrard was.  That is most likely what I expect to happen.  You have to remember that Manziel is only 20 years old.  He will bulk up.

You expect Manziel to be around 5'10-5'11, weigh in excess of 230 pounds, and maintain his current level of mobility and athleticism? Garrard was a lot bigger than Manziel.

Quote:You expect Manziel to be around 5'10-5'11, weigh in excess of 230 pounds, and maintain his current level of mobility and athleticism? Garrard was a lot bigger than Manziel.

Maziels health in the NFL depends on his ability to slide/ get out bounds more than his size, the same as any mobile QB

Quote:Maziels health in the NFL depends on his ability to slide/ get out bounds more than his size, the same as any mobile QB

Why was this directed at me? Everyone knows that, but hits are inevitable. Manziel cannot get to Garrard size.

From the breakdown I've done of all the QBs, I have this feeling that if for some reason we can't get Teddy, then Manziel is the dark horse for our pick.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:There is no reason why Manziel cant bulk up a little bit to be built more like David Garrard was.  That is most likely what I expect to happen.  You have to remember that Manziel is only 20 years old.  He will bulk up.

Yes there is.  He is 3 inches shorter then Garrard.  That is a huge difference when it comes to weight.

Quote:It's a bad comparison period.  

[Image: tumblr_mronw60ajT1rm1u90o1_250.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Why was this directed at me? Everyone knows that, but hits are inevitable. Manziel cannot get to Garrard size.
I directed it at you because it your post was relevant to the topic I was talking about. I didnt mean to offend.

Manziel cannot get to Garrard's size, I agree. David Garrard was known for being a thick, strong running QB, even more than the usual mobile QBs.

Quote:Yes there is.  He is 3 inches shorter then Garrard.  That is a huge difference when it comes to weight.

It doesnt matter how short you our when you talk about bulk muslce.  Do you have any knowledge of working out at all?  Number 2 Garrard is listed at 6'1", the same height as Manziel... Manziel guranteed will put 10 to 15 pounds of muslce on over the next two years.  He is 20 years old.

Manziel 2014!

Quote:It doesnt matter how short you our when you talk about bulk muslce.  Do you have any knowledge of working out at all?  Number 2 Garrard is listed at 6'1", the same height as Manziel... Manziel guranteed will put 10 to 15 pounds of muslce on over the next two years.  He is 20 years old.

You don't seriously believe that Johnny is 6'1. You can't.

Quote:It doesnt matter how short you our when you talk about bulk muslce. Do you have any knowledge of working out at all? Number 2 Garrard is listed at 6'1", the same height as Manziel... Manziel guranteed will put 10 to 15 pounds of muslce on over the next two years. He is 20 years old.

He must be wearing high heels. We'll see how tall he actually measures.

Of course it matters how tall he is and what type of frame he has when putting on weight. Sure, he could be 230 pounds, but can his height and frame carry that withou a drop off in athletic ability? I think not.

Quote:You don't seriously believe that Johnny is 6'1. You can't.

It is all we have to go by. My guess is he measures at 6'0" at the combine but I really dont care how tall he is. Russell Wilson is 5'11", Blaine Gabbert is 6'4". Which one will you have? Manziel has the intangibles I am looking for in a QB. Bridgewater doesn’t.

Manziel 2014!

Quote:It is all we have to go by. My guess is he measures at 6'0" at the combine but I really dont care how tall he is. Russell Wilson is 5'11", Blaine Gabbert is 6'4". Which one will you have? Manziel has the intangibles I am looking for in a QB. Bridgewater doesn’t.

We were talking about him putting on more weight. Focus Mr. ADD.

I don't question Manziel's ability, because there's no doubt kid has talent.  But I can't say I've been blown away with his decision making and the way he can manipulate a defense.  The plays he runs are pretty straight forward.  That leaves me skeptical.

Quote:It is all we have to go by. My guess is he measures at 6'0" at the combine but I really dont care how tall he is. Russell Wilson is 5'11", Blaine Gabbert is 6'4". Which one will you have? Manziel has the intangibles I am looking for in a QB. Bridgewater doesn’t.

Actually, we can go by photo evidence and common sense. Manti Te'o measured in at 6'1 at the NFL Combine. Does Manziel look 6'1 in this picture?

[Image: 1206ZY_405PM-640x450.jpg]

And what "intangibles" does Manziel possess that Bridgewater doesn't, exactly? The ability make headlines? To stir up crap at a party?

Johnny Manziel said pretty clearly in an interview around a year ago that he's 6'0".  I'm going with that.