Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
14-23 180 yds 0 TD and 2 INT

Quote:Idk, Im no college scout but I just don't believe the hype with Bridgewater and Manziel is Tebow with slightly better accuracy and arm strengh. I say trade back gain some picks and do what Washington and draft two QB's. I wouldn't mind seeing the the Jags draft a guy like Mcaaron and Murry and let them battle for the #1 spot.
Lol at McCarron and Murray

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Bucs will prob beat Miami who has been all over the news for the wrong reason.

We won 1 game and barley won even tho Tenn was giving us to game with all the those turnovers,  the Bucs are still a lot better team then us and will prob win too.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013, 10:05 PM by P. Haze.)

Quote:Yall do realize that DC's prototypical QB is not a running smallish QB. He wants a tall big arm pocket passer. I Really doubt he would draft Manziel, he porbably would trade back.
Have you seen Matt Ryan lately? He's trash w/o receivers you'd give up your whole draft for out there with him. If Caldwell wants that for the franchise then we're in trouble. Did anyone watch the Panthers and Niners today? Those two defenses kept them in the game the whole time and the Panthers is borderline elite. You can get by with a serviceable qb as long as your defense is tight(i.e. Chiefs). Give me Clowney/Barr and Manziel or another qb and we'd have a great draft.

Quote:Com'on Man.....you wouldn't want to watch a team that wasn't trying to win would you?

There are several great picks to be had in this years draft.

Absolutely would watch us try to lose.

All of the other QBs people are listing in this thread are absolute trash. You would have to be an idiot to take Manziel in the first. He is awful. Anyone who wants him is awful.

TEST

Quote:Absolutely would watch us try to lose.

All of the other QBs people are listing in this thread are absolute trash. You would have to be an idiot to take Manziel in the first. He is awful. Anyone who wants him is awful.
Johnny sure does have a funny way of being awful.

Quote:If we don't get TB because TB get TB we will draft another QB.

I thought TB had MRSA not TB

I would take Manziel at the top of the 2nd. We were close to taking Tyrann, but he went one rd sooner than Caldwell wanted. A sign that Caldwell is willing to overlook character issues. Trading up into the bottom of the first for Manziel may be an option too if TB drafts TB 1st overall.

Manziel has more issues than 'character'.  He's very much a boom or bust player, and if Caldwell drafts him and he busts, Khan will likely fire him very quickly.  The sooner the better.  But I don't think Caldwell is willing to attach his wagon to Johnny Collegeball.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I would take Manziel at the top of the 2nd. We were close to taking Tyrann, but he went one rd sooner than Caldwell wanted. A sign that Caldwell is willing to overlook character issues. Trading up into the bottom of the first for Manziel may be an option too if TB drafts TB 1st overall.

How do you know if Caldwell wanted Tyrann again?

Quote:If we don't get TB because TB get TB we will draft another QB.

This is genius.  Well done my east pond friend. 

FWIT, I watched some premier league before the game started.  Sunderland upset Man. City, and Man U was up against Arsenal before I switched over to the Jags. 

Rooney is still a good player, but I think he's losing some of his cardio...  I'm concerned that Landon Donovan is gonna have the same type of result in the World Cup. 

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013, 10:28 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Manziel has more issues than 'character'. He's very much a boom or bust player, and if Caldwell drafts him and he busts, Khan will likely fire him very quickly. The sooner the better. But I don't think Caldwell is willing to attach his wagon to Johnny Collegeball.
The QB position is so hard to find that every QB drafted is pretty much boom or bust.

Im fine with any QB in the draft. Seriously. The Jaguars have drafted two since my 14th birthday.

Teddy is miles ahead of any QB in this class. Mariota, Hundley, Boyd, Mettenberger, Manziel? No no no no. The only QB that even rivals him, Winston, won't be in this draft.

Quote:Teddy is miles ahead of any QB in this class. Mariota, Hundley, Boyd, Mettenberger, Manziel? No no no no. The only QB that even rivals him, Winston, won't be in this draft.
So the only good QBs drafted in the next 5 years will be Bridgewater and Winston.

Got it.

Quote:People like to act like Teddy would come in and we would be automatically saved. Luck/Newton/Griffin like success in a rookie year is rare, and definitely not the norm.

People used to say that Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton were going to be our bookend tackles for the next 15 years.

Luck yes.  Newton?  He's just finally getting decent.  RGIII?  I'm still not convinced he's gonna be there. 

Britton was a sad story...  Monroe?  Yeah, we could have kept him.  But we didn't... 

I agree with your thoughts.  Teddy is a QB, and probably the best prospect of this class.  But to think he's just gonna come in and make us a juggernaught is simple minded.  We need a WHOLE team to be good.  That's the job of Caldwell and the Jag Front Office.  I'm hoping they know what they are doing.

And I honestly hope that Shad's son isn't involved in any of it.  That whole thing about his cybernetics, or DNA analysis, or analytics is dumb.  Don't let a kid that knows numbers and stats create your personelle strategy.  Now if he was 50 and had been studying football for 20 years, I'd think differently, but he's not.  So stop touting him as some genius.  He's not. 

Caldwell, on the other hand...  He's deserved some time to make choices....  Our D looks good, and it's his personelle that were brought in.  Now let's see what he can do on the offense. 

Quote:How do you know if Caldwell wanted Tyrann again?
He said he did

Quote:Luck yes. Newton? He's just finally getting decent. RGIII? I'm still not convinced he's gonna be there.

Britton was a sad story... Monroe? Yeah, we could have kept him. But we didn't...

I agree with your thoughts. Teddy is a QB, and probably the best prospect of this class. But to think he's just gonna come in and make us a juggernaught is simple minded. We need a WHOLE team to be good. That's the job of Caldwell and the Jag Front Office. I'm hoping they know what they are doing.

And I honestly hope that Shad's son isn't involved in any of it. That whole thing about his cybernetics, or DNA analysis, or analytics is dumb. Don't let a kid that knows numbers and stats create your personelle strategy. Now if he was 50 and had been studying football for 20 years, I'd think differently, but he's not. So stop touting him as some genius. He's not.

Caldwell, on the other hand... He's deserved some time to make choices.... Our D looks good, and it's his personelle that were brought in. Now let's see what he can do on the offense.
I think you misunderstood my post.

Cam, Luck, and RG3 had monster ROOKIE years, regardless of how good they eventually turn out.

I also liked the Monroe trade, and thought Britton was the biggest joke on the planet. My point in saying that was that ive heard many say someone is a cant miss prospect, and it turning out bad.

Remember Vince Young? If he was in this draft, this message board would be salivating.

Quote:Luck yes.  Newton?  He's just finally getting decent.  RGIII?  I'm still not convinced he's gonna be there. 

Britton was a sad story...  Monroe?  Yeah, we could have kept him.  But we didn't... 

I agree with your thoughts.  Teddy is a QB, and probably the best prospect of this class.  But to think he's just gonna come in and make us a juggernaught is simple minded.  We need a WHOLE team to be good.  That's the job of Caldwell and the Jag Front Office.  I'm hoping they know what they are doing.

And I honestly hope that Shad's son isn't involved in any of it.  That whole thing about his cybernetics, or DNA analysis, or analytics is dumb.  Don't let a kid that knows numbers and stats create your personelle strategy.  Now if he was 50 and had been studying football for 20 years, I'd think differently, but he's not.  So stop touting him as some genius.  He's not. 

Caldwell, on the other hand...  He's deserved some time to make choices....  Our D looks good, and it's his personelle that were brought in.  Now let's see what he can do on the offense. 

Yea those crappy numbers said Blaine Gabbert could be good LOL what a joke 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I think you misunderstood my post.

Cam, Luck, and RG3 had monster ROOKIE years, regardless of how good they eventually turn out.

I also liked the Monroe trade, and thought Britton was the biggest joke on the planet. My point in saying that was that ive heard many say someone is a cant miss prospect, and it turning out bad.

Remember Vince Young? If he was in this draft, this message board would be salivating.

Yeah,I get what you're saying.  I think we're saying the same things in different ways.  Bridgewater may be the next Elway, but I'm not going to huff and puff about him being the end all be all.  If I read you correctly you're not convinced that the QB from Lousiville is gonna wind up being a HOF'er.  He possibly could be, but there is not guarantee.  It's a matter of what we do beyone the 1st round pick.  I'm totally with you. 

Plus your avatar is pointing directly at me, and I don't feel like taking a 100 mph heater high and inside.... :thumbsup:

Quote:Yea those crappy numbers said Blaine Gabbert could be good LOL what a joke 

Exactly.  Plus his number's weren't all that great at Mizzou.  You know, the one thing I thought was gonna make Blaine was that he took mad hits from Suh when they played Nebraska...  Then he gets to the NFL, and all he sees is Suh on every snap, even when nobody is there!  Such a disapointment.  I wish Blaine luck in his next career.  What was his major?  I hope it was something in finance, his pretty boy face will take him far in the business world.  He's  just not an NFL QB.  There's nothing wrong with washing out at this level.

I'm good drafting Clowney then Hundley/Carr or someone. Filling in the rest and signing Incognito.

Quote:Yeah,I get what you're saying. I think we're saying the same things in different ways. Bridgewater may be the next Elway, but I'm not going to huff and puff about him being the end all be all. If I read you correctly you're not convinced that the QB from Lousiville is gonna wind up being a HOF'er. He possibly could be, but there is not guarantee. It's a matter of what we do beyone the 1st round pick. I'm totally with you.

Plus your avatar is pointing directly at me, and I don't feel like taking a 100 mph heater high and inside.... :thumbsup:

Exactly. Plus his number's weren't all that great at Mizzou. You know, the one thing I thought was gonna make Blaine was that he took mad hits from Suh when they played Nebraska... Then he gets to the NFL, and all he sees is Suh on every snap, even when nobody is there! Such a disapointment. I wish Blaine luck in his next career. What was his major? I hope it was something in finance, his pretty boy face will take him far in the business world. He's just not an NFL QB. There's nothing wrong with washing out at this level.
I like Bridgewater alot. Ive just caressed this chicken WAY too many times to fall for "sure things" anymore.