Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
VANDY!

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 10:46 PM by copycat.)

Is it too early to start asking the question of how good is the SEC this year?  Besides Alabama who else is there?  Missouri and A&M and they are only in their second year in that SEC.  And Mizzou was supposed to be fodder for the Florida's and Georgia's of the conference.  As for A&M, who are they without Johnny Football?

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's really hard to answer that question because they beat each other up in conference so much, but if a # 7 Miami, team struggles against a horrible Florida team then I don't know.
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:It's really hard to answer that question because they beat each other up in conference so much, but if a # 7 Miami, team struggles against a horrible Florida team then I don't know.

to be fair Miami was probably the worst top 10 I'd seen in a while.

Quote:to be fair Miami was probably the worst top 10 I'd seen in a while.
I completely agree, and going week to week in college football teams change so much, just like how on earth is a 1 loss Stanford team, whose loss was to Utah, ahead of Baylor.
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind Trunt.

Do you think this season was just bad luck (Losing Driskel for the year) or just lack of talent?

What changes, if any, do you think will be made in the offseason?

I don't think it was bad luck.  They obviously thought Driskel was going to be better than he was playing.  Injuries happen. 

Lack of talent?  I can say right now with all honesty that the Gators are no where near as talented as say FSU.  No question about it. 

Don't know about the offseason.  IF they keep Muschamp, the OC will prob be gone. Foley likes good football teams and isn't afraid to make moves. 

We shall see. 

Quote:Please don't get fired, Will!
Sign him to a lifetime contract.  I'd contribute .05 for Will to remain the gators coach.

It'll cost those bull gators $ 8,000,000 to buy him out.  Not happening.......say hello  to your new
coach gators......The same man as your old coach...Will Muschamp lol.

We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

Quote:The Gators are so bad and it is hilarious.

FSU has been good for a hot minute but their fan's arrogance is at full throttle. No worries though, FSU won't win anything worthwhile.

In the meantime Florida fans can look back on our recent National Championships (from this century) to tide us over until things turn around.

I was just a wee little lad last time FSU was relavent. Enjoy your 15 minutes.

Quote:FSU has been good for a hot minute but their fan's arrogance is at full throttle. No worries though, FSU won't win anything worthwhile.

In the meantime Florida fans can look back on our recent National Championships (from this century) to tide us over until things turn around.

Florida is in danger of having some more bad years ahead. If they don't fire Muschamp then there is a risk of another bad season next year, followed be decline in recruiting since players know he is on the hot seat and coming off a potential 5-7 season. Then you get a new coach and have to start over again.

I think you are being extremely gatormistic to think this is going to be 15 minutes in the spot light. Jimbo has been a recruiting machine and these next two season are only going to increase that. Add that to Pruitt looking like a really good defensive coach for years to come, FSU may be in the beginnings of a long run.

So some gator fans trash the HC after losing key players to injuries including the QB who led them to key wins vs LSU and FSU last season.

Typical.....
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:FSU has been good for a hot minute but their fan's arrogance is at full throttle. No worries though, FSU won't win anything worthwhile.

It's all part of being a rival. We took it on the chin for several years.

Quote:So some gator fans trash the HC after losing key players to injuries including the QB who led them to key wins vs LSU and FSU last season.

Typical.....
Yes. The Gators will likely finish 5-7, which is unacceptable regardless of how many injuries. And Driskel did not lead us to those wins, the defense did.

Quote:Muschamp is done. Time for Foley to go to a hire closer to Meyer. A proven winner that has been a HC for a while, and not just an assistant.

I volunteer George O'Leary as tribute.

As a fan of all the Florida college teams, I think a dose of humility for the Gator fan isn't necessarily a bad thing. I am happy that the 'Noles are keeping football relevant in the state of Florida as well. As for 'Nole fan, please don't become Gator fan of a few years back. It makes people hate your team, when it's actually the fans that cause the animosity.

The Gators will be back at some point, hopefully with their fans more dignified.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:It's all part of being a rival. We took it on the chin for several years.

Touché.

Just show a little sympathy for your Jaguars brethren whom have to endure the Diet Jaguars on Saturday. Sad

Quote:I volunteer George O'Leary as tribute.
Haha, nice try!

My vote is Charlie Strong. I hope Foley still has him on speed dial.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Yes. The Gators will likely finish 5-7, which is unacceptable regardless of how many injuries. And Driskel did not lead us to those wins, the defense did.
So you believe Murphy can make that crucial pass to Gillespie right after FSU went up 17-13 in the 3rd or the other crucial throws he made? Yes the run game was big only because Driskel was able to make those throws.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.