Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Official: Louisville (Our future QB) @ UConn

Quote:i know but statically it was his worst game of the season and his running game also wasnt as good as its been maybe there was a correlation.  i was just asking to those who religiously watch louisville football because our running game has not been good, its barely even average lol

Good point. I expect us to beef up our line via draft and/or free agency. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a running back....maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Put 9 in the box against Teddy and see what it gets you....

Wouldn't that be more about the running game and the offensive line? 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

i dont get this comment at all, did uconn put 9 in the box? how did uconn contain louisvilles running game? or are you just irritated i provided a small concern about teddy?

Teddy doesn't run that much..put 9 in the box vs teddy and 90% of the time he throws a touchdown.

Louisville's running game has been hit or miss. Last night every player on the field was pretty craptacular because of the cold. Everyone was playing in slow motion it looked like.

TEST

Quote:Louisville's running game has been hit or miss. Last night every player on the field was pretty craptacular because of the cold. Everyone was playing in slow motion it looked like.
Teddy didn't lose composure even after 5+ drops

Quote:Teddy didn't lose composure even after 5+ drops

Well he is a QB. I meant pretty much everyone else on the field.

TEST

Quote:<sub>Bet these UCONN fans are glad basketball is kicking back up. Man they suck.</sub>

As a UCF grad student, I have them for football and UConn for basketball. Working out alright so far.

I am looking forward to Luck vs Bridgewater for the next 10-15 years

AFC south is going to be epic

Quote:I am looking forward to Luck vs Bridgewater for the next 10-15 years

Yep. It will be fun to actually have a quarterback.

Quote:Yep. It will be fun to actually have a quarterback.
Imagine a motivated blackmon, shorts the 3rd, and ace sanders to throw too

They are all under 25 

Quote:Imagine a motivated blackmon, shorts the 3rd, and ace sanders to throw too

They are all under 25 

And Mike Brown is no slouch. Get Joeckel healthy. Draft a tight end that can run.

im not sure teddy will have much success as luck did without a running game. especially with our crappy defense.

things i wanna see from teddy before the draft

-a close pressure game (come from behind also)

-can he be succesful with an inept running game

-a formidable opponent

-continue his impressive junior campaign

just to firmly solidify his #1 overall billing

Quote:im not sure teddy will have much success as luck did without a running game. especially with our crappy defense.

-a formidable opponent

Just so we are clear. Louisville runs the ball a lot because they are a balanced pro style offense. But they are not a great running team. They are 72nd in rushing yards,  52nd in YPA, and 84th in YPG.

TEST

Quote:im not sure teddy will have much success as luck did without a running game. especially with our crappy defense.

-a formidable opponent

For a team that "runs the ball alot" Louisville run game is pathetic, they routinely average less than 4 yards per carry against 7 man boxes. 

Its a philosophy but they have a difficult time practicing the balanced offense principles. 

The threat of their pass sets up the run

Quote:Just so we are clear. Louisville runs the ball a lot because they are a balanced pro style offense. But they are not a great running team. They are 72nd in rushing yards,  52nd in YPA, and 84th in YPG.
They are also 88th in rushing attempts. 

Quote:Imagine a motivated blackmon, shorts the 3rd, and ace sanders to throw too

They are all under 25 

Quote:And Mike Brown is no slouch. Get Joeckel healthy. Draft a tight end that can run.

This is the type of stuff that gets me hyped.

Quote:They are also 88th in rushing attempts. 

Well they also only have like 250 passing attempts. They don't run nearly as many plays period as some of the spread fast paced offenses.

TEST

-a formidable opponent

Yknow....I really don't care what he "has to do to to firmly solidify his #1 overall" to you. He's going number one no matter how much trollin you do....just hope we are picking there.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

i just wanna see when an actual defense make them one dimensional that teddy has to win with his arm alone. louisville is almost never behind so they keep running that balanced offense.  

i dont understand how that uconn defense who was shredded by bortles, managed to keep teddy at bay in the 2nd, maybe having an inept running game had something to do with it.