Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would win the Toilet Bowl?

What if the Jaguars and Buccaneers were scheduled to meet this season? Who would win?  How would the game be decided? Would it be a defensive battle, a shootout, a blowout, or a tale of two halves? Assume both teams are trying their best to win the game and all injured players are backups.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd say the Bucs. They've shown more signs of life offensively.

Bucs would DESTROY us. Revis would lock down Cecil and we would be screwed. Vincent Jackson and Mike James would light us up.

No one fears anyone on our offense or defense.

This is the only instance I would feel in danger of losing the pick.

Serious question, why did you draft Gabbert? (No, really.)

Pfft, Goodell will be taking your first round pick for something classless Schiano will do in the next few weeks I'm sure.  Bounty gate or something like that.

Anyway, the Buccaneers would beat us pretty badly.  (They'll probably be beating the Dolphins this week, and the Falcons next anyway).  

And we took Gabbert because... Gene Smith.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:This is the only instance I would feel in danger of losing the pick.

At one point Blaine Gabbert was a favorite to be the top pick overall. It was a shocker when he dropped to #10. So he obviously was a great college quarterback. Gene Smith picked him to be a year-long project, so he thought it was OK to pick a player who spent most of his time running the spread option out of the shotgun. Then came the lockout that prevented him from making the adjustment. Basically, Gabbert is a misfit in Jacksonville who started his career off on the wrong paw.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM by knarnn.)

Does the loser drink toilet water?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:This is the only instance I would feel in danger of losing the pick.

For the same reason you drafted Josh Freeman. You thought he'd turn into a top quarterback. That's a dumb question.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:For the same reason you drafted Josh Freeman. You thought he'd turn into a top quarterback. That's a dumb question.

Actually Josh Freeman used to be much better than Blaine Gabbert ever was, so that is not a dumb question.

Back to the topic, I forgot to add pretend Justin Blackmon is not suspended.

Boy I'd hope it'd be Tampa so we could get that top pick.

Tampa would trounce us.  They at least look competitive in some of their games.  We always look completely outclassed.

Tampa by double figures.  They're better than their record, we are not.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Tampa isnt as bad as their record indicates, while Jacksonville is.  

Quote:Tampa isnt as bad as their record indicates, while Jacksonville is.

Tampa knows what its doing. Just like the colts knew in 2012. Who releases their starting QB mid-season?

Not the Jags.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Freeman was never Schiano's guy...or  the fans' guy post 2011

The game should be played at a neutral site to prevent either team's fans from the hope of seeing a win balance the playing field.  I nominate the Oakland stadium since all the sewage issues would be appropriate for a Toilet Bowl.

It would still be a better game than the Pro Bowl.

Quote:The game should be played at a neutral site to balance the playing field.  I nominate the Oakland stadium since all the sewage issues would be appropriate for a Toilet Bowl.

It would still be a better game than the Pro Bowl.

If we were scheduled to meet in the regular season, no way would that game be at a neutral site.

That said, for a neutral site I was thinking of Soldier Field in Chicago because of what a Texans fan posted last year before a Bears game: a picture of a public toilet next to the Bears logo to show they look similar.

We might win if we got really lucky. Tampa has more talent to be sure. Then again, Kansas City had more talent than us last year and we still didn't get the first pick. Maybe we should do lottery like the NBA. That way maybe "suck for Luck" wouldn't happen. Those dogs laid down.

Bucs by 20!

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2013, 03:58 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

right now without Blackmon? I think we lose by at least 14. The Bucs have been competitive in games throughout their entirety for the most part. We have yet to even be competitive or close. We aren't even functioning as an organization at an NFL level. We're still trying to compete against ourselves.

No pain, no gain.