Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would win the Toilet Bowl?

Quote:At one point Blaine Gabbert was a favorite to be the top pick overall. It was a shocker when he dropped to #10. So he obviously was a great college quarterback. Gene Smith picked him to be a year-long project, so he thought it was OK to pick a player who spent most of his time running the spread option out of the shotgun. Then came the lockout that prevented him from making the adjustment. Basically, Gabbert is a misfit in Jacksonville who started his career off on the wrong paw.
No he wasn't. He had the look and physical traits of a great quarterback.

But it turns out you need a bit more than that to play QB in the NFL.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:right now without Blackmon? I think we lose by at least 14. The Bucs have been competitive in games throughout their entirety for the most part. We have yet to even be competitive or close. We aren't even functioning as an organization at an NFL level. We're still trying to compete against ourselves.

I said with Blackmon.

Quote:I said with Blackmon.

The Bucs.

Head to head, it's an easy choice - Bucs.  Far more overall talent on both sides of the ball. 

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 04:50 PM by atburg.)

Quote:Tampa knows what its doing. Just like the colts knew in 2012. Who releases their starting QB mid-season?

Not the Jags.
Someone who has someone better waiting to play behind him.

Quote:At one point Blaine Gabbert was a favorite to be the top pick overall. It was a shocker when he dropped to #10. So he obviously was a great college quarterback. Gene Smith picked him to be a year-long project, so he thought it was OK to pick a player who spent most of his time running the spread option out of the shotgun. Then came the lockout that prevented him from making the adjustment. Basically, Gabbert is a misfit in Jacksonville who started his career off on the wrong paw.
Am I missing something here?  When was Gabbert ever considered a great college QB?  Back in 2011, I didn't even heard of him until Andrew Luck decided to stay another year at Stanford.

Bucs, fairly easily too most likely.

Quote:Am I missing something here?  When was Gabbert ever considered a great college QB?  Back in 2011, I didn't even heard of him until Andrew Luck decided to stay another year at Stanford.

If he wasn't a great college quarterback, why was everybody shocked he fell to #10?

Quote:If he wasn't a great college quarterback, why was everybody shocked he fell to #10?

There can be a huge difference between college football performance and perceived NFL potential.

As it turned out,  unfortunately for the Jaguars,  teams like the Bengals,  Bills,  and Redskins that needed a QB going into the 2011 Draft,   made a good decision in passing on Blaine Gabbert.

Quote:There can be a huge difference between college football performance and perceived NFL potential.

As it turned out,  unfortunately for the Jaguars,  teams like the Bengals,  Bills,  and Redskins that needed a QB going into the 2011 Draft, made a good decision in passing on Blaine Gabbert.

The Redskins did not pass on Gabbert in favor of another quarterback. They traded down to #16 and picked Ryan Kerrigan.

Quote:The Redskins did not pass on Gabbert in favor of another quarterback. They traded down to #16 and picked Ryan Kerrigan.

No one forced the Redskins to trade down.  They had the option of drafting Blaine Gabbert but decided not to go in that direction.

Considering what the Redskins paid the St. Louis Rams in trade compensation in 2012 for the rights to RGIII,   I'm going on the assumption that Mike Shanahan wasn't sold on Gabbert.